Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:36:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've still got 80 sMerit to give away.  (Read 2311 times)
qwertysungit

Activity: 168
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:03:11 PM

Just go everywhere and give them to Newbies/Jr.Members that deserve them.
It's pretty hard to rank up now for them.

I think most Newbies and Jr. Members are bounty hunters. They are only want to rank up for signature bounties then hard to choose correct one to give merit. They have to make good posts for earn merit. I think bitcointalk rank up rules will be change more than in future.
Of course Newbies and Jr. Member are the most weak ranks here after new requirements, but do not forget about those ranks which stayed kinda on boarder, let's take myself as an example, it stayed just 2 activity points to the next rank to me, but by new rules I will not be able to raise to Sr. Member till I will not fill enough Merit points, just for the record, I need 147 more. With my current temp of getting Merits it will take months and maybe a whole year.
You're a good man. But better to focus on newbie and jr.member to give some merit that are trying their best to post quality. For me I don't mind merit because my rank for now can join other campaign or what so over. Also Im giving other member here a merit but only for 2 points per week only. So good luck. Keep it up and help the others.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:30:59 PM

Just go everywhere and give them to Newbies/Jr.Members that deserve them.
It's pretty hard to rank up now for them.

I think most Newbies and Jr. Members are bounty hunters. They are only want to rank up for signature bounties then hard to choose correct one to give merit. They have to make good posts for earn merit. I think bitcointalk rank up rules will be change more than in future.
Of course Newbies and Jr. Member are the most weak ranks here after new requirements, but do not forget about those ranks which stayed kinda on boarder, let's take myself as an example, it stayed just 2 activity points to the next rank to me, but by new rules I will not be able to raise to Sr. Member till I will not fill enough Merit points, just for the record, I need 147 more. With my current temp of getting Merits it will take months and maybe a whole year.
You're a good man. But better to focus on newbie and jr.member to give some merit that are trying their best to post quality. For me I don't mind merit because my rank for now can join other campaign or what so over. Also Im giving other member here a merit but only for 2 points per week only. So good luck. Keep it up and help the others.
I can understand both of previous guys. The first one needs 147 merits more to raise up and just 2 points of activity which he will get in couple of days. I think that for such cases as his moderators should create something special, like if full member needs 100 and sr.member 250, for users who are on the edge between two ranks, they could make 175 merits as the base.
The second one is also right about new users, they are really the most weak persons here, but the number of merits which will allow them to move on another level and start to earn, as you say is just 10, and that is not so much indeed. Such target is going to be one of the easiest.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 06:39:58 PM
Merited by GMule (1)

Life is unfair I'm afraid. Paul Newman was born better looking than me, I'm more like Alfred E Newman - well maybe a bit older, but I can cope with that, and I try to make the most of it. If you start to drop the merit requirements, where do you stop? You'll end up with a 5 point requirement to become a legendary. The real question is - why do members want to increase their ranking? In most cases it seems to be a desire to earn more from sig spamming.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Trubadur

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:06:24 PM

I do not spam and still did not get any merits. I am wondering what kind of construtive posts we need to make to earn these merits. I have already red a lots of complains about this.
etherflip
Copper Member

Activity: 103
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:08:37 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (2)

Life is unfair I'm afraid. Paul Newman was born better looking than me, I'm more like Alfred E Newman - well maybe a bit older, but I can cope with that, and I try to make the most of it. If you start to drop the merit requirements, where do you stop? You'll end up with a 5 point requirement to become a legendary. The real question is - why do members want to increase their ranking? In most cases it seems to be a desire to earn more from sig spamming.

Comparison to Paul Newman?! Someone is revealing their age  Wink

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 07:14:09 PM

I used to go into L'Auberge coffee bar in Richmond with the Rolling Stones before they became famous. Smiley

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
Liternyy

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:43:58 PM

Well I've managed to give away 6 sMerit since I started this thread ( big deal Smiley ).

and I found some interesting posts as well.
I participate in the bawning of the compilation on the subscription, I write only strictly on the topic and I do not check anything superfluous with all the information, 70 activity but the rank of the youngest member because of the insufficient number of myerits can not go to the next rank and lead the subscription from the member (((and this is just another payment and the level of trust in my posts.
etherflip
Copper Member

Activity: 103
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:55:36 PM

I used to go into L'Auberge coffee bar in Richmond with the Rolling Stones before they became famous. Smiley

I have no reason to not believe you - that is amazing. I watched them on their 40 Licks Tour and listening to 30k+ people hum during Paint It Black was an unbelievable experience.

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 08:40:10 PM

I have no reason to not believe you - that is amazing. I watched them on their 40 Licks Tour and listening to 30k+ people hum during Paint It Black was an unbelievable experience.

I lived in Surrey, and there were lots of stars around there. 'Sham 69 came from Hersham, Paul Simon used to sing in the Troubadour. I could go on - Nettlefolds studio and Shepperton Studios were just some of the film studios there.

But we should be talking about merit points here. I seem to be having trouble finding posts again, and I wonder if that is the weekend, or just me getting involved in the statistics of Bitcoin price forecasting. I got distracted by fibonacci series, and I'm trying to relste that to Bitcoin price movements. It may also be that there is an influx of new members at the weekend, but I haven't researched that.

xcajun21

Activity: 742
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:43:33 PM

I got like 30 smerits now. I feel like all of them will go to campaign supporters who pledge their life in the service of better mankind.
If these are worthless, why we even speak about them? I think they should have made it that is not linked to forum rank. Smerit should be like a thank you, have no trace, no criteria, no stain and no self gratification and especially no pride.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 03:50:07 PM

I got like 30 smerits now. I feel like all of them will go to campaign supporters who pledge their life in the service of better mankind.
If these are worthless, why we even speak about them? I think they should have made it that is not linked to forum rank. Smerit should be like a thank you, have no trace, no criteria, no stain and no self gratification and especially no pride.

I see - another bleeding heart with misguided intentions that lead to the further destruction of mankind and the environment. I bet you think every child shoud be vaccinated as well. Merits are to clean up the Bitcoin Talk forum, and not to push misguided social issues.

I've put you on ignore in case I give you a merit by accident. Smiley

Prince07

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:06:43 PM

and what do merits give? how to earn it?))) Smiley

____________________A I T H E O N____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
█ ██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██ █
CarlosCorreia

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 02:53:01 PM

I'm getting each day more convinced that most of the people don't give a f*** to give merit to others!
I bet also that there are a huge number of users that don't heard about merit yet.

I think that I made good posts! It's not common to write big posts about something, but I usually help people out!
And so far... only 2 merit points!
This will be very very hard to rank up to Sr. Member! Only 1 month left and a bunch of merit points missing.

Can someone help me to realize what is bad with my posts? What should I do?

The thing that bothers me the most is seeing multiple accounts, or friends, or whatever giving huge number of merits for one line posts, and un-useful posts.
lovepale

Activity: 105
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:18:01 PM

@ Jet Cash
I know you are considerable and have a deep understanding toward this entire system. I found out my name in your list for merit beggars. Honestly if you notice my post back then there was am emoji at the end of my message. I'm not a beggar of merit but why you include me in your list.? Is there a problem to say just kidding through emoji.? I seen some of my seniors colleague here do it also in a way of just kidding but they were given merit.
I admit I tried it. And that is my mistake I though it is okey. Sorry for that.

I just want to say my reason.

I know you are open minded. Thanks
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:38:16 AM

After few days I finally can see and feel how new merit system can affect all users. before I was like "whatever, I am a Hero and I have a lot of Merits and development to legendary is not so important". But today when my signature campaign over and I was searching for a new one I found this:
I am looking for a few users to advertise my Campaign Management Services. I will be very picky and only be accepting users with high merits and high quality posts.
 If most of your posts are in bitcoin discussion, trading discussion, or other shit areas you will not be chosen. I will check all merit points of those who apply as well, if it looks like you were given merit for shit posts you will not be considered

Rates
Member- .002/week Must have 15 merit to apply
Full Member- .004/week Must have 120 Merit to apply
Sr- .006/week Must have 275 merit to apply
Hero/Legendary- .008/week Must have 525 merit to apply if hero 1025 merit to apply if Legendary

And I miss over 20 Merits to apply this campaign. I was working with yahoo62278 many times, but this new requirements are just killing me. Now I am afraid that this campaign is just a first bird and with time all signature campaigns will ask for minimal number of merits to be joined.
Creating N Action

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:06:48 PM

I wish that people will not make th merit system as their profit to gain bitcoin and I hope that it will never happen. There are times that  people buy merit as an  exchanged of bitcoin especially those people who want to level up their rank. Be a responsible user and be loyal all the time to each and everyone. Don't spread some merit to other people to make as profit.

King Pajeet

Activity: 40
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:37:36 AM

I have added a link to this post in my thread at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2964968

Appreciate the service, thanks.

● ALAX.io  | The Blockchain App Store Designed for Gamers
█ ██████████ █       TGE    17th Apr    █ ██████████ █
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 09:48:23 AM

I have added a link to this post in my thread at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2964968

Appreciate the service, thanks.

I appreciate the link, but I don't consider a poster's rank when I award merits. I've even given some to Themos and Tman. Smiley

Schultz88

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 07:49:04 AM

High Ranked Member that read this, please kindly review my posts, thanks a lot for your precious time :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2945458.msg30330426#msg30330426
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2932110.msg30330299#msg30330299
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2954668.msg30329814#msg30329814
cipher-x_09

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:10:01 AM

Try giving merits in the alternative coins section there are lot of posts there that are deserving to be given merit not just because they are constructive and informative one but also the way they endorse or explain why the people should or not invest or their stated coins.

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: