Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:43:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've still got 80 sMerit to give away.  (Read 2310 times)
Smpdytz1

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 08:46:32 AM

With this new merit system many of newbies and jr members are trying to makes quality posts by avoide spams.that is true but unfortunately most of time they never earn atleast single merit for a quality post.soo give merits for the newbies and jr members who desrve for that

YayProto   |   DECENTRALIZED MONEY TRANSFER SYSTEM
▬▬▬  ●  ●   JOIN OUR PRE-ICO: JAN 22   ●  ●  ▬▬▬[/c (http://bit.ly/yayProtoSiteFromBBT)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 08:48:04 AM

Try giving merits in the alternative coins section there are lot of posts there that are deserving to be given merit not just because they are constructive and informative one but also the way they endorse or explain why the people should or not invest or their stated coins.

I don't know enough about alts to be able to evaluate posts. I know I should be looking at the whole crypto world, but at the moment I'm a bit overloaded. I will look at Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, Lightning, Wax and Steem over the next month or so.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 11:27:07 AM

You should offer to newbies only even though the post is not good, since hey might need to rank up for future participating in forums. just look at the Bitcoin section where we find daily a lot of newbies asking for help in investing into Bitcoin.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
greggypiggy

Activity: 141
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:47:01 PM

As a Jr. Member its very hard for us to rank up. But we (jr. members and newbies) are trying to grow more and learn to create more quality post. So if you have spare time maybe help us to learn more.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 01:47:28 PM

You should offer to newbies only even though the post is not good, since hey might need to rank up for future participating in forums. just look at the Bitcoin section where we find daily a lot of newbies asking for help in investing into Bitcoin.

That goes against the whole pont of the merit system. Bitcoin Talk is not here to provide indifferent posters with an income source. If I award merits just because members want to rank up and spam the boards, then I'm not helping BitcoinTalk to regain its former glory.

I don't look at rank anyway when I'm reading posts. I don't think " this guy is a legendary, and he doesn't need merit, so I won't award any" or " this guy is a new member, and he can't spam the boards until he gets promoted, so I'll give him some points".

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
yudiana

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 03:44:28 PM

I've been awarding points in ones and twos because I believe that that is the best way to encourage members to make good posts. This logic probably comes from the likes system on another professional forum that I frequent. I've been a member for just over 2 years, and I've received over 5,200 "likes" in that forum. Members can only award one like per post, but there is no limit to the number of likes an individual post can receive. I think this system has helped me to hone my posting, and it encourages me to make posts that members will find useful or amusing.

I've still got 80 sMerits because I don't go out hunting for posts to merit, but I just award them when I find a post that appeals to me. However, it is quite difficult to find these posts. The most promising boards ( the serious discussion ones ) tend to be neglected by most members. I don't visit the Frog Pond very much, as most of the threads seem to be worthless ( in my opinion ) long tail spam fests. I think I have given away too many on the Meta board - there are too many posts about Merit points, and I've just created another one. Smiley The beginners board ought to be the place for me to read threads, but that seems to be more about issues other than Bitcoin. Tech support has some interesting threads, but I'm not a power user of Bitcoin, so I'm not sure I'm qualified to make judgements there.

So what's the point of this thread. It's really a plea to turn the Frog Pond into a useful board for Bitcoiners. It wouldn't be too difficult to do. If the mods could lock the long tail spam fest threads so that they slipped away, and the non Bitcoin and newbie threads were moved to the appropiate boards, that would create some breathing space on the first page. There is also something that members could do, please start to make quality posts on the serious discussion boards.

ps. I don't sell sMerit, or give it to people who ask for it, sorry.

hopefully all members, especially me who is still new continue to improve the quality of posts and follow a useful thread to dig information
anjaydut

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:45:45 PM

hi sir can you review my post briefly?
thanks, if my post is not appropriate I will continue to learn to improve it
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2939756.msg30520248#msg30520248

LKingLion

Activity: 125
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:11:53 PM

Although you don't need my presence and participation particularly in your giving away smerit.
Sorry to say I'm annoyed with your idea. How could you make giving away smerit to particular participants like in the middle of the game. Are you insane with us.? You think this is fair?
Mine, NO.
Who controls the rebound, controls the game. Why not make a harder effort by yourself searching who is deserving and not let the frogs fall in the pond with no absolute water in it.
Ojengonggu

Merit: 105

Trphy.io

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 01:48:27 PM

This can be said of the competition to get smerit for members who are still new and will memeberi learning so that each post is made feasible
but how to judge
and it's like a wedding to get smerit

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 02:05:48 PM

Although you don't need my presence and participation particularly in your giving away smerit.
Sorry to say I'm annoyed with your idea. How could you make giving away smerit to particular participants like in the middle of the game. Are you insane with us.? You think this is fair?
Mine, NO.
Who controls the rebound, controls the game. Why not make a harder effort by yourself searching who is deserving and not let the frogs fall in the pond with no absolute water in it.

I don't think you quite understnd the purpose of this forum. I'm here to learn about Bitcoin, and to talk about it. I don't work for Bitcoin Talk, but I would like to see the board go back to being a useful asset for Bitcoin. I'm not going to spend time trying to teach people how to rank up sso that they can spam the boards with a load of spammy promotions that clutter the board. If I give merit, it's because I've seen a post that I feel is helping to rebuild Bitcoin Talk.

btw. I put you on ignore for disrespect.

FRJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

The Worlds Most Advanced Distributed Computer

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:58:35 PM

You have merit, then it can be said that you have power.You must give those merits to the members (they can be of any rank)of this forum who are really contributing good wuality posts.But here I think you should listen to your heart,to your thinking.I've seen that,there are so many members who have smerits but can't give them of other's influence. You should mind this that,the post you like,may won't be liked by other. Because,we all have our own way to feel the good.

Thank you.I hope you will give those smerits who really deserve them.

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 03:02:59 PM

Please don't submit threads for me to read - I won't read them unless Ihappen to find them on the correct boards.

This thread is not a merit soup kitchen or a merit food bank.

In fact I've put a few people on ignore for pushing their psts to try to beg merit.

radokan

Activity: 291
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:26:47 PM

Please don't submit threads for me to read - I won't read them unless Ihappen to find them on the correct boards.

In fact I've put a few people on ignore for pushing their psts to try to beg merit.
It is because some guys don't read title or topic so they think title is: 80 merit giveaway .
Mine, NO.
But you are only 6 days here and all your posts are about merit and random rant.
I can't imagine someone signing up to bitcoin forum just to talk about merits. Maybe you are butthurt because you can't rank up your alt accounts so you created another one to complain about system  Cheesy
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 04:17:27 PM

These merits are fun. I've been giving them away all over the place, and I've still got 50 to find homes for.. Smiley

I think I might start a topic of the day for awarding merits. Maybe something like the influence of RSI indicators on the price of Bitcoin. Smiley

endlasuresh

Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 06:53:15 PM

That goes against the whole pont of the merit system. Bitcoin Talk is not here to provide indifferent posters with an income source. If I award merits just because members want to rank up and spam the boards, then I'm not helping BitcoinTalk to regain its former glory.

I don't look at rank anyway when I'm reading posts. I don't think " this guy is a legendary, and he doesn't need merit, so I won't award any" or " this guy is a new member, and he can't spam the boards until he gets promoted, so I'll give him some points".
I agree that thing, but its just my concern, although offering to the quality post is better than to anyone. anyway I wish you for your giveaway to the best people.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 10:08:17 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2018, 11:06:43 AM by Jet Cash

I'm sitting upstairs in McDonalds with a coffee ( black with a touch of bicarbonate of soda in it ), and an egg and bacon roll. The sun is shining on me, and I'm feeling generous.

Now how many merits can I award before I finish my coffee? Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2966815.msg30862419#msg30862419
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2965877.msg30526660#msg30526660
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2934207.msg30162961#msg30162961
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2946640.msg30265285#msg30265285
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2998483.msg30852483#msg30852483

I'm adding a legendary and his brother to my merit abuse gallery. The legendary awarded 10 merits to his brother for an indifferent post.

coly20032003

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 06:39:03 AM

Hi,

Could you review my post? Really appreciate your time.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2958771.0

This is a post about how to add image, resize image and make image clickable.   Smiley
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 08:58:02 AM

Please don't submit threads for me to read - I won't read them unless I happen to find them on the correct boards.

In fact I've put a few people on ignore for pushing their posts to try to beg merit.

Which part of Please don't submit threads for me to read did you guys not understand? Maybe I should have said posts instead of threads.

Also, you may have noticed that I dislike large embedded images in posts. If an image is essential, then a clickable small one that opens the full sized image would be more courteous to your readers.

A Confused Shoe

Activity: 117
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:25:18 AM

I don't think you quite understnd the purpose of this forum. I'm here to learn about Bitcoin, and to talk about it. I don't work for Bitcoin Talk, but I would like to see the board go back to being a useful asset for Bitcoin. I'm not going to spend time trying to teach people how to rank up sso that they can spam the boards with a load of spammy promotions that clutter the board. If I give merit, it's because I've seen a post that I feel is helping to rebuild Bitcoin Talk.

btw. I put you on ignore for disrespect.

Have been lurking and participating at Bitcoin Talk for less than a year, tell us more about the golden days of this forum. Hard to imagine it without the "spammy promotions" to be quite honest, though that'd be quite nice...

A member here introduced me to "The Safelist" and "The Badlist" on badbitcoin.org as a useful resource in differentiating between credible and scammy crypto sites. Yes, Bitcoin Talk is on the former and not the latter, but I found its description pretty amusing:

"Bitcointalk The original bitcoin forum, but be very wary of posting, unless you have a strong constitution, and then only if you really like shedloads of abuse from arrogant halfwits. This is also a favourite haunt of the bitcoin thieves who like to announce their crooked schemes and catch the 'newbies' - Sad but true."

Grin Cheesy

http://badbitcoin.org/safelist/index.htm
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 10:20:12 AM

I joined Bitcoin Talk because I saw Bitcoin as a means of making international payments, and a possible store of wealth. Being a cautious investor, I decided that the safest option was to run a full node, especially as ths gave me a lot of control over payments and receipts. Many members were helpful and supportive, and they helped me to gain a resonable level of understanding so that I could use Bitcoin for my purposes at that time. Faucets were the big spam issue at that time ( apart from scammers), but their intrusion wasn't as pervasive as the current sig spamming projects.

It seemed to be easier to exchange help and advice, and, although there was a certain amount of clutter creeping onto the boards, it still seemed possible to maintain an advice thread. It seems that the current boards have become so polluted that sometimes one has to read two or three pages of garbled and useless messages to find one useful post. It just isn't worth the effort, and this means that many useful posters have stopped contributing to many of the boards.

The merit system is a useful addition to the forum, and will contribute even more whe the abuses are cut back. More moderation of posts would also make a massive difference, and the consolidation of threads, removal of useless posts, and the moving of threads onto the correct boards would clean up the indexes.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: