Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:19:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASIC Testing on Scrypt?  (Read 17434 times)
Beaflag VonRathburg

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 07:06:23 AM

I saw this earlier as well. The way that it came out of nowhere though is what is interesting. It has been just over the past two days or so that this has come on and the difficulty has surged upwards. You think with that many machines, changing settings, balancing power consumption, etc... that you would slowly roll them out over time, not all at once. It seems really odd to me, IE: stratum exploit, botnet, or a combination of a few things.

CoinBuzz

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 09:32:32 AM

It's power is from outside of litecoin network, because of him the litecoin diffculty is increasing heavily and network total hash is above 30GH/s now.

As long as we know, no one can make this big farm of gpu, it should be something else.

Maybe a bitcoin mining pool that pointed to litecoin and all of it's users changed their cgminer settings as well. (BTW, if this assumption would be correct, we should know that pool in forums that converted from bitcoin to litecoin with all of its users, do you know any??)

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
aelpop

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 09:43:20 AM

www.litecoinminingcalculator.com  next difficulty (Diff. 1130.73448802)  Shocked

i started to belive this thread is true ( A RAM based fpga LTC miner )

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=283977.0
Beaflag VonRathburg

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 01:03:49 PM

It's power is from outside of litecoin network, because of him the litecoin diffculty is increasing heavily and network total hash is above 30GH/s now.

As long as we know, no one can make this big farm of gpu, it should be something else.

Maybe a bitcoin mining pool that pointed to litecoin and all of it's users changed their cgminer settings as well. (BTW, if this assumption would be correct, we should know that pool in forums that converted from bitcoin to litecoin with all of its users, do you know any??)

Uh, someone CAN make a GPU farm that big. It's about 250 rigs, which sure as hell isn't peanuts, but it's doable.

You need to check your math: 1,920,385 / 250 rigs = 7681.54 KH / Machine. I don't know of anyone making 7.68 MH / machine. That's not ever feasible with 8x 7970. Even if you give them a liberal estimate of 2500 kh / machine that's 768.xx rigs or 3072 7970/7950.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 01:46:33 PM

Well this is something mysterious  Shocked

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Jaden

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 02:22:31 PM

Some how I think we're getting screwed here...
Pentel

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 02:34:40 PM

It could be a large GPU farm like Buy-A-Hash https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,3126.0.html

cross/\'kros/ n: a thing they nail people to. Vircurex - Exchnage
PGP Key
BM-NC5DsQck3UyTHFv3fKCMBprw7BNVHUwH
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 02:47:11 PM

Uh, someone CAN make a GPU farm that big. It's about 250 rigs, which sure as hell isn't peanuts, but it's doable.

Yes, you will find it in the Arctic, next to the big nuclear reactor.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
hendo420

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 03:49:27 PM

Yes, you will find it in the Arctic, next to the big nuclear reactor.

If its all in a single location it should be possible to detect the heat signature from space. lol

ebmarket.co
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 03:53:40 PM

It is the two generation of a Chinese rich, investment 7500000 yuan Nong, ASIC currently do not come out.

[citation needed]

Beaflag VonRathburg

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:12:25 PM

You need to check your math: 1,920,385 / 250 rigs = 7681.54 KH / Machine. I don't know of anyone making 7.68 MH / machine. That's not ever feasible with 8x 7970. Even if you give them a liberal estimate of 2500 kh / machine that's 768.xx rigs or 3072 7970/7950.

Whoops, yeah, I think you're right. My bad.

But 2500kh/s per machine isn't a liberal estimate at all. Most people run 6x7950, so that would be 6x650 = 3900kh/s per rig. Considering 7950s sometimes hit around 680+, I'd say 4MH/s per rig is reasonable. So, 1,920,385 / 4000kh/s = 480.09625. So basically 480 rigs. If they are using 7970s (why any sane large scale miner would do so is beyond me), then 6x750 = 4500kh/s per rig. Still doable if you're a corporation, maybe, but likely outside the realm of an individual. It could also be a pool pointing at another pool to reduce variance.

Your numbers are still really friendly. This is a 240 MH/s farm.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7216.msg2997283#msg2997283

Those look like various IBM redundant PSU. At least 1460 watts, I'd say. FYI you can get 2000 watt bladecenter PSU on ebay pretty cheap! ($60 or less).
you are right,it is DELL ,very cheap,  600 * MSI 7850  1G , About 240Mhs and 250LTC/day

Now, with that in mind think of what 8X that would be...

Some how I think we're getting screwed here...

Agreed! This all came on the network really quickly and now there's a second account that popped up with 1,000,978 KH/s, zebbsd. I think this has to be some sort of exploit that people are taking advantage of much like the semi recent stratum exploit that caused large gains in hashrate.

ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:05:11 PM

Surely it is only a matter of time before someone invents a scrypt fpga or asic.. Could this be the first?
Palmdetroit
Legendary

Activity: 910

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:11:21 PM

Buying more hardware to mine or mining in general will slowly become a zero sum game now even for scrypt.  Buy a ton of PoS coins and just log on your client once a week to mine your stake.

No heat, no botnets,no fpga, no asic, no worries

YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 11:41:51 PM

Can anybody confirm who and what this this 2600 Giga is ..

1)Is it a ex BTC miners ?
2) Is it a botnet ?
3) Is it the real deal
4) is it a new FGPA farm or 800 rigs ?

Is it growing Huh... Do we need to send a Predator  missile strike against this new threat   Cool

OBJECT NOT FOUND
SALHERO

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 11:45:45 PM

https://www.weminecryptos.com/forum/topic/372-asic/

An admin of Wemineltc said he talked to the guy and he is supposedly "moving his hashrate from BTC to LTC"

And it's not fake. In 14 hours, LTC difficulty will hit over 1,100 for the first time (as far as I know).

Another thing. How purchase in the start vga for mining bitcoin? it's more cheap buy an ASIC, than vgas for $600,000 (less electricity power, heat, noise, space,etc)
Palmdetroit
Legendary

Activity: 910

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 11:59:24 PM

Surely it is only a matter of time before someone invents a scrypt fpga or asic.. Could this be the first?

FPGA, yes, but that won't push GPU mining out. ASIC, maybe in 25 years or so.

Buying more hardware to mine or mining in general will slowly become a zero sum game now even for scrypt.  Buy a ton of PoS coins and just log on your client once a week to mine your stake.

This is just stupid. You have no guarantee your PoS altcoin will be worth anything. While that's also true for mining any cryptocoin, BTC & LTC are far less likely to become worthless tomorrow. Additionally, if everyone used your retarded logic, there would be no miners, quickly followed by no coins.

Mining is a waste of resources , with the exception of maybe primecoin. It's also dead for most, much better vehicles for massive ROI available if you look.

The logic is sound, for example, Most blocks from PPC are now from stake generation not miners.. yet there is still a coin.. when there is no miners, there will still be the coin, hence the only retarded logic is to not consider other options going forward.

YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 12:06:45 AM

This is just stupid. You have no guarantee your PoS altcoin will be worth anything. While that's also true for mining any cryptocoin, BTC & LTC are far less likely to become worthless tomorrow. Additionally, if everyone used your retarded logic, there would be no miners, quickly followed by no coins.

Mining is a waste of resources , with the exception of maybe primecoin. It's also dead for most, much better vehicles for massive ROI available if you look.

The logic is sound, for example, Most blocks from PPC are now from stake generation not miners.. yet there is still a coin.. when there is no miners, there will still be the coin, hence the only retarded logic is to not consider other options going forward.

You are retarded..lolz

OBJECT NOT FOUND
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 12:56:07 AM

Go invest in a Ponzi scheme if you want massive ROI.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
samfisher

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 01:47:46 AM

Can anybody confirm who and what this this 2600 Giga is ..

1)Is it a ex BTC miners ?
2) Is it a botnet ?
3) Is it the real deal
4) is it a new FGPA farm or 800 rigs ?

Is it growing Huh... Do we need to send a Predator  missile strike against this new threat   Cool

1) It IS an ex BTC miner.
2) Probably not, CPUs are extremely terrible at mining LTC
3) It is, cos he's finding blocks
4) FPGAs are hardly faster than GPUs, even in BTC land.  THey cost just as much if not more, but they take less power to run.  It's their only advantage.

*Link Removed*
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 02:09:05 AM

Shocked

but really it isn't that surprising. How much GPU mining hardware exists in the world. This guy probably doesn't have 0.5% of the total out there.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: