Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:06:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (almost) free energy presentation for real ?  (Read 4307 times)
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 05:04:59 PM

if they are only renting it out, then whats to stop me from reverse engineering it and mass producing my own for sale and not rent.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 05:09:59 PM

if they are only renting it out, then whats to stop me from reverse engineering it and mass producing my own for sale and not rent.

perhaps you're not old enough to remember the black, bakelite land-line phones produced by at&t/bell, and 'leased' in a package with a phone line.  did you know that you couldn't actually buy a telephone until some time in the late 1950s or early 60s?
ctoon6

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 05:52:52 PM

perhaps you're not old enough to remember the black, bakelite land-line phones produced by at&t/bell, and 'leased' in a package with a phone line.  did you know that you couldn't actually buy a telephone until some time in the late 1950s or early 60s?

you still have not explained why i would not be able to reverse engineer this device, let alone why i would not be able to sell it to the mass market. with the advent of bitcoin, it would be way to easy to commit patent infringement and sell them anonymously.

server (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 08:44:32 PM

you still have not explained why i would not be able to reverse engineer this device, let alone why i would not be able to sell it to the mass market. with the advent of bitcoin, it would be way to easy to commit patent infringement and sell them anonymously.

"To preserve intellectual property and trade secrets, Andrea Rossi is being forced to design a self destruct mechanism to be built into every E-Cat (Energy Catalyzer) used by the public. This could delay the public (non-industrial) launch of the technology."

source

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2011, 09:00:35 PM

"To preserve intellectual property and trade secrets, Andrea Rossi is being forced to design a self destruct mechanism to be built into every E-Cat (Energy Catalyzer) used by the public. This could delay the public (non-industrial) launch of the technology."

source

Fucket. get 2, dismantle one, find out the hard way what the self-destruct is, disable it on the second.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
server (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 09:02:41 PM

i note that the OP contains an apparent error:

Rossi claims to have build an energy reactor that gives 10 Kwh and only needs 100 grams of nickel and 150 grams of light hydrogen for 6 months operation.

End user price will be ~$2500 and with a steam to power converter $3500.

as was discussed by some greek high mucka-muck in one of the videos, they are planning on leasing/"renting" the device only - not selling it.

These prices came from an interview with Rossi. 
I will try to find this interview and add a link to OP.

The prices in the openings post are only a rough indication, simply to show that the hardware in not really expensive.

ctoon6

View Profile
July 24, 2011, 09:17:20 PM

to anyone that thinks anything is impossible to reverse engineer, think again, console makers have been trying and failing to do that for over a decade now, longer if you count unofficial games made for cartridge based consoles.

shakaru

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

QUIFAS EXCHANGE

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 07:02:53 AM

to anyone that thinks anything is impossible to reverse engineer, think again, console makers have been trying and failing to do that for over a decade now, longer if you count unofficial games made for cartridge based consoles.

Yes and no. Remember we are working here with far more than bits and data. Or SSH circumvention or what ever method of console modding you prefer. Imagine if a company in, lets say......
CHINA Shocked

was to use inferior metals or other parts of the hardware that are vital to safe operation? If the device has a power output of 10kw, thats alot of kinetic and thermal reaction. If something was to then go boom, it would be big. And painful.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                    
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █      
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 07:14:47 AM

source

1) Bluff

2) If this is so revolutionary. Someone will leak the plans/blueprints. Also, I think that government bodies have to check the device for safety before marketing/selling/renting them, so if blueprints don't leak at the company, they will leak somewhere else.
ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 11:32:54 AM

It would be great if something like this was real, but it isn't.

Although they make a big fuss about trade secrets, scientists can confirm the working of their device without needing to see trade secrets. All they need is a "black box" experiment.

Unfortunately, the "black box" demonstration wasn't run for long enough to rule out an ordinary chemical reaction. Nor was it properly audited (the measurement devices were not under the control of the observers).

If this thing had the slightest bit of legit, there's no reason why they wouldn't have shown a "black box" demonstration whose audited power output (minus power input - remember this thing is plugged into the mains) unambiguously exceeds the amount of chemical energy that can be produced from a device of that volume.

I think the purpose of the "demonstrations" might be to part investors from their money. The demonstrations certainly don't prove any new scientific effect.
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
July 25, 2011, 02:00:44 PM

It would be great if something like this was real, but it isn't.

Although they make a big fuss about trade secrets, scientists can confirm the working of their device without needing to see trade secrets. All they need is a "black box" experiment.

Unfortunately, the "black box" demonstration wasn't run for long enough to rule out an ordinary chemical reaction. Nor was it properly audited (the measurement devices were not under the control of the observers).

If this thing had the slightest bit of legit, there's no reason why they wouldn't have shown a "black box" demonstration whose audited power output (minus power input - remember this thing is plugged into the mains) unambiguously exceeds the amount of chemical energy that can be produced from a device of that volume.

I think the purpose of the "demonstrations" might be to part investors from their money. The demonstrations certainly don't prove any new scientific effect.

Its still to be seen if its legit and it could be a scam, but how is he trying to rob investors from their money when he has agreed with the greek company financing the test to not be payed until they have a prototype working. If this is not legit and they guy is doing it just for the lulz this is the trolling of the decade probably of the century.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2011, 04:49:36 PM

Latest news on the the E-Cat:

Official Websites:
http://www.ecat.com
http://www.ecatnews.net/

Video of the latest demonstration October 6th:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNCuLAZKvL4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6nlHlW8VRc

Cheap power: an overnight revolution
http://www.networkworld.com/columnists/2011/101411-backspin.html

Hello Cheap Energy, Hello Brave New World:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/markgibbs/2011/10/17/hello-cheap-energy-hello-brave-new-world/

Energy Catalyser: Potential game changer
http://www.brecorder.com/home/br-research/single/421/29:oil-and-gas/2061:energy-catalyser-potential-game-changer/?date=2011-10-19

The E-Cat is the "Bitcoin" of the energy industry. It has a similar potential for a world changing effect on an industry crucial to the current power system.
 Smiley

cjgames.com
JeffK

Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 06:07:04 PM

I got a hand-me-down minifridge and built one too, only mine runs on grass clippings. It's so great my power bill has dropped to almost nothing!(I use the grid for backup power)

The only downside is I live in an apartment and I have to walk a couple blocks with some scissors to trim and baggie part of someone's lawn. Haven't been caught yet though.
ctoon6

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 07:49:33 PM

so where do i find instructions on how to build one?

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: