Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:13:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yikes, all or nearly all alt coins racing toward being worth not much  (Read 840 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:32:39 PM

Not looking good for many of the alt coins out then now. BTC rise or not these are decending into hell the last few days. The more alt coins released the more worthless they all become it seems. I guess we need a lot more people interested in crypto or less coins released.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bob131313

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:40:26 PM

BTC value going up means many people are cashing out their alts for any amount of btc they can get. This drives down prices. Stock up on the alt's that you support. Ignore the ones you don't support.
The alt world is a bit like evolution, lots and lots of variations will be tried, unsuccessful ones will fail and die, great ones will evolve into something useful.  The community has learned so many things with these alt experiments, it will get much better.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:44:43 PM

Alt prices always drop end of month and when BTC price rises. Get ready for the price rises as we move into the first week of the new month and the fresh $$ hit the exchanges.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:46:55 PM

So BTC is up about 40-50% expect ALT coins tied to BTC to be down 40-50% pay lots of attention to the ones that stay stable as they have gained 40-50%. Any coin that gains as BTC goes up like LTC has in the past is very good to watch. Pretty simple relationship really.

**Also note that we have seen sell offs typically at the end of the month I attribute this to cash outs for bills especially with miners but traders as well. Might be exceptionally harsh when its that time and you think its a good time to sell extra BTC.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 08:53:56 PM

Not looking good for many of the alt coins out then now. BTC rise or not these are decending into hell the last few days. The more alt coins released the more worthless they all become it seems. I guess we need a lot more people interested in crypto or less coins released.

Doesn't take much to send you into panic mode I see. I guess you haven't been paying too much attention.  Grin

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
CryptoBullion

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 09:47:10 PM

i tend to forget to reference the current BTC price against alts sometimes, mainly because it held pretty steady for while. I saw the alt prices " appearing to fall " and said the same thing to myself...and it took me about 30 seconds to remember " oh yea, BTC is back at almost 150$ USD" , so i can see why you would have thought alts were going down the toilet... just remember to reference to current btc price. I dont think alts are going anywhere anytime soon due to all the new services ( like http://cryptoPCS.com  Wink ) coming out faster then ever.

and the thought of BTC being near 150$ usd makes me happy happy happy  Grin  Grin  Grin

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268556.0
CryptoPCS.com Prepaid phone refills, post paid phone payments, and bill payments https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=285148.0
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 09:49:51 PM

The only solid one is LTC. BTC has risen 50% and LTC hasn't flinched.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 09:55:26 PM

What are you talking about? LTC is like .018 right now and it was .024 about a week ago

DrJoeGrine

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:03:25 PM

What are you talking about? LTC is like .018 right now and it was .024 about a week ago

You miss the fact that the price per LTC and other alt's to USD is pretty stable. If BTC increases in value, logically all other alt currencies will decrease in value in relation to BTC. The alt currencies have only decreased when compared to BTC. They are pretty in line to Fiat. They aren't less valuable, only less valuable when directly comparing it to BTC. If LTC stayed at .024 while BTC was rising in price, it would mean LTC was also rising in price at the same rate as BTC.

Inputs.io - 82,000 BTC transferred and counting
If I was helpful please donate to a good cause: 1JEFaauDc7dWGFuuWAWpweJfSjhxdwmD44
Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:11:45 PM

I know of one which is steadily rising despite BTC going up in value, but don't want to give the game away  Cheesy
pr0d1gy

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 10:58:59 PM

Wonder if it could be seasonal. I stopped mining in the summer, too hot for all this. lol

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
steelhouse

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:38:19 AM

All alt coins should be 100% premined, that way all the value goes into the coin.  The miners print and sell.  Mining is nothing more than Ben Bernanke printing.  In about 3 moths quarkcoin and infititecoin, iocoin, might become 1st real coins with an annual inflation rate less than 1%.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: