Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:47:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit system is not working, failed!  (Read 2615 times)
vlast01

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:28:34 PM

I agree with most of the comments. there are a lot of member now in this forum. The best way to monitor good standing members that those who create quality post is really putting merit/s. This will really help create a much better platform.

Now, you'll see a lot of accounts that were stuck on having 10, 100, 250 and 1000 and they're barely moving. Why? Because indeed nobody cares on judging whether the comment is quality or not.
I would say that most of readers, answer seekers and  information seekers on these forum are selfish on giving of their sMerit even though they are satisfied more enough on the answers that they seek.

In my personal opinion, I would never give to anyone whom I don't know my sMerits because I would rather share it to my alternative accounts than giving it to other members. Even if you consider your posts or comments having a good quality but still nobody cares. There's thousands of posts happening in a single minute in this forum but I know less than half of hundred of sMerits are given between accounts. And most of them are alternate accounts.
I think that,  what you believed are the same of what most of users believed that they rather share their merit to their alternative accounts than giving it to others That's why there are plenty of users that are abusing the merit system
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2823221.msg28920985#msg28920985
Imagine if all users thinks the same on using their merits on their own welfare, will this forum improves?, will it contributes on this forum?, did it reduce the number of spammers and shitposters? and the answer is No. Merits are meant to give to others for the efforts and trustworthy answers and also are made to rates how good, how helpful, how reliable and how trusted a post are.
ABUSING YOUR SMERIT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO DO, WHY? ITS BECAUSE IT MAY LEAD YOUR ACCOUNT ON HAVING RED TRUST OR IN WORSE SCENARIO CAN LEAD YOUR ACCOUNT ON PERMANENTLY BAN ON THIS FORUM.
its better to play safe than play in a risky way.

●●●●●●●●[DHOLPINS Finance - TRUSTED . PLATFORM - DHOLPHINS Finance]●●●●●●●●
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ Useful Links ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Website◂ | ▸About Us◂ | ▸LitePaper◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ |
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kipozer

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:31:00 PM

And I, on the contrary, think that thanks to merit, there is less spam. Because it seems to me that people began to follow what they write and for whom they write. Previously, messages like Hello, Nice project and this kind were very nasty to read.
rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:32:41 PM

The merit system works as because i have send my sMerit to somebody and it went through. But I am yet to receive any merit from anybody despite my activity in the forum. I think most of the members are yet to understand the system.Hording your sMerit will not help you give it out so that the system will work and achieve it purpose.
darth_cryptorider

Activity: 470
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:43:06 PM

Give it time, it's only few week from the start  of new merit system. People need time to learn  about it and how to use it.  I think it to early to make judgement about work this system or not.

Personally for me it's seem to high 1000 merit for the legendary, but we all come to crypto not for 1 years, right? So  keep calm and make good posts.
macoinz

Activity: 111
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:44:45 PM

I think merit has a upper level and it must be 1000. Why can we send merit Legendary i dont understand and people give them also. Why ?
hoodi

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:47:40 PM

The merit system is not working, look the merit points of people on the forum, it does not move (even for the more relevant posts), the forum established a system which was supposed to penalize newcomers flooding the forum with useless post, but the forum penalize itself, good luck everybody, If you think people will give you merit points for free you are mistaken.

I would not agree with you fully :
- practically people are thinking what are they writing now and that decreased a spam a lot;
- even a good comment can bring you some merits, but it is not easy, I would agree on that.
- It got very difficult to handle multiple accounts now as you better focus on one and that means less spam again.
Perhaps it is not perfect but I think it provided some value.

Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:04:20 PM

The merit system needs some improvement, but it was the only possible answer to shitposters invasion.
Please note that theymos wrote that - if the merit system won't work - the only alternative will be to ban completely the signature campaigns.
So, instead to complain, I think that it's better:

a) to put any effort to make the system work, with good posts

b) if we have ideas to improve the system, to suggest them to theymos. It's very simple to complain, harder to offer solution.

And I'm very optimistic that me too I'll start to collect some merits :-)

Bounty_Hunter

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:14:55 PM

I think you're wrong. The merits system is very good but not balanced. Just need to increase the number of "creators of merit" and lower the number of merit to increase the rank several times.
alt-fire

Activity: 602
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 08:24:38 PM

The new system is not perfect, but
most agree with the fact that we need to solve the problem with meaningless messages.
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406

BAILOUT

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:38:44 PM

I think we need more time, merit system is basically very good for the forum. It will eventually be ok, it is too early to  complain.

Rexxxem

Activity: 368

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:41:52 PM

Perhaps the merit system is not an ideal option, but what to do. This is one way to protect yourself from the usual flooding
DiabolicAnt

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:41:59 PM

The merit system is not working, look the merit points of people on the forum, it does not move (even for the more relevant posts), the forum established a system which was suppose to penalize newcomers flooding the forum with useless post, but the forum penalize itself, good luck everybody, If you think people will give you merit points for free you are mistaken.

Can't say that it doesn't work. It's like 2-3 weeks since it was invented into this forum. It needs time; users will get used to grant merit to others and it's movements will kinda speed up. Just some time I think.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
weav

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:42:17 PM

I think the idea behind the system is good , it reduces shitposts and account farming . This whole forum was pretty bad for the last few months , but the merit system definitely needs some tweaking.  

Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:30:54 PM

People do give merit to others, but it doesn't happen really often and doesn't mean that a post is of obviously high quality. Maybe somebody would give merit to smth he finds useful, or funny, or a person meets smb from another end of the world who shares all his major life values.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
finzyoj

Activity: 644
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:35:08 PM

The merit system is not working, look the merit points of people on the forum, it does not move (even for the more relevant posts), the forum established a system which was suppose to penalize newcomers flooding the forum with useless post, but the forum penalize itself, good luck everybody, If you think people will give you merit points for free you are mistaken.

Can't say that it doesn't work. It's like 2-3 weeks since it was invented into this forum. It needs time; users will get used to grant merit to others and it's movements will kinda speed up. Just some time I think.
I agree,  by implementing  the merit system, nonsense posts are reduced and the forum is looking good now compared to the previous months. Many people are still angry of this implementation especially those who  were farming accounts but of course they can't do anything  about it anymore. It was the moderator's decision and they are just doing their job.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
spongegar

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:39:40 PM

True, i see a sea of relevant and quality posts but people seem to be stingy with their sMerits. I for one don't give out much merits because i feel that if i give it to this post i won't have a merit back. But hey, the merit system is still young and the system is fairly new. Maybe we should have a courtesy type of deal where we give a merit and we get a merit back. Bht then again, the whole purpose of the merit system will be mute. Let's wait it out and I'm sure the moderators and adminstrators will make a smart move in the future

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
kendra1107

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:52:34 PM

The merit system is not working, look the merit points of people on the forum, it does not move (even for the morplainevant posts), the forum established a system which was suppose to penalize newcomers flooding the forum with useless post, but the forum penalize itself, good luck everybody, If you think people will give you merit points for free you are mistaken.
There will always be pros and cons for any change. A positive and negative side for everything. Now if you are more inclined to looking into the negativities if things,  then you won't be able to move forward and all you will do is keep whining senselessly. Try looking at the bright side,  the positive one. Now I believe that the merit system has more of it than the other side. It's just a matter of fully understanding how things work so that you could get a grasp on them. But if you intently refuse to accept things even if you do understand, then that's just plain selfish. And all your stress and frustrations will be all on your own doing!

HaekalZ

Activity: 378
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:58:10 PM

Give it time, it's only few week from the start  of new merit system. People need time to learn  about it and how to use it.  I think it to early to make judgement about work this system or not.

Personally for me it's seem to high 1000 merit for the legendary, but we all come to crypto not for 1 years, right? So  keep calm and make good posts.

Yeah, we need time to adjust to new merit system.
i personally think that this system is quite good, less spammer, but also disadvantage for newbie in bitcointalk forum.

◆     SHREW     ◆
Discounted Pre-Sale Live !
#davidnugroho

Activity: 317
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:15:13 AM

if the merit will give us according to the post thread is good and useful. and we will be given if according to the number of posts that work may be up again level is not it so ??
ALWASA

Activity: 414
Merit: 250

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:19:51 AM

if the merit will give us according to the post thread is good and useful. and we will be given if according to the number of posts that work may be up again level is not it so ??

If that's the case, maybe it would be better if like that because sometimes it is actually depend on thread and its about on how do you post it.

▄▄██▄▄
 ▄████████
▄██████████▄
████████████
▀██████████▀
 ▀████████▀
   ▀████▀
   ▄████▄       ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄████████▄   ▄████████▄
▄███████████▄███████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀██████████▀ ▀██████████▀