Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:00:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Electric Cars - The future ?  (Read 3369 times)
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 09:41:00 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2018, 09:52:38 PM by KingScorpio

Alot of the major car manufacturers are turning their sights on electric and hybrid cars and it seems it's only a matter of time before petrol and diesel cars are gone the way of the dodo. Tesla unveiled an impressive truck for transporting goods. Alot of governments and car manufacturers seem to be getting on board with going green for all the obvious reasons but how soon do you predict before electric is the norm in transportation ?

Do you own an electric car or are considering buying one  ? What are your reasons for buying it ?

electric cars free us from the conflicts in the middle east. and it also removes bargaining ability of many middle eastern countries.

(this is my post nr. 4000)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:54:42 PM

Alot of the major car manufacturers are turning their sights on electric and hybrid cars and it seems it's only a matter of time before petrol and diesel cars are gone the way of the dodo. Tesla unveiled an impressive truck for transporting goods. Alot of governments and car manufacturers seem to be getting on board with going green for all the obvious reasons but how soon do you predict before electric is the norm in transportation ?

Do you own an electric car or are considering buying one  ? What are your reasons for buying it ?

electric cars free us from the conflicts in the middle east. and it also removes bargaining ability of many middle eastern countries.

Congrats on the post, but a correction.

Texas Fracking industry has already freed us from the Middle East conflicts and removed the bargaining ability of those countries.

Interesting question though whether electric cars could have a similar effect. I'm inclined to say no, even though about 40% of a barrel of crude does become gasoline.

The reason to hesitate on this is that some time ago, everyone was promised that solar and wind would free us from (blah-blah-blah). None of that came to be true, and nuclear power, which actually could free us, has been systematically thwarted for decades.
Viktorija Levi

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 12:18:52 AM

Norway - is a good example in regards of using electric cars. Nearly a third of all new cars sold in the country this year - a plug-in model – either fully electric or a hybrid. But, we have to admit, that they way expensive then usual cars, specially in Norway.
I believe its a future ... give it a time, and they will take over a half or even more of car market
Herdawnia

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:09:45 PM

Do you own an electric car or are considering buying one  ? What are your reasons for buying it ?

Not buying an electric car but an Electric bike, i would like to take part in reservation of our planet like I don't want to add up to pollution that is why instead of riding a car from dorm to work I woke up 15mins earlier to just walk around. For me its the lease I can do to decrease pollution that's my reason reason why I would like to purchase Electric bike

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 03:56:31 PM

Do you own an electric car or are considering buying one  ? What are your reasons for buying it ?

Not buying an electric car but an Electric bike, i would like to take part in reservation of our planet like I don't want to add up to pollution that is why instead of riding a car from dorm to work I woke up 15mins earlier to just walk around. For me its the lease I can do to decrease pollution that's my reason reason why I would like to purchase Electric bike
I like my electric bike. But a lot of countries limit you to 250 watt motors, depending on your terrain and body weight that might not really get the job done. Mine is 1000w...
tsinelas

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 11:30:38 AM

Personally, I don't want to have a car I prefer on riding a public vehicle. It can help reduce traffic and pollution. In terms of electricity , electricity was produced by different power source like coal, diesel, wind, hydro and geothermal. When diesel is gone the source of producing electricity will be lessen. I think it will be great if all of us doesn't have personal vehicles but rather ride public vehicle (even the diesel powered or electricity). but the technology grows we can have solution for power generation to cars that have lesser consumption of electricity. And that would be the future. Electric cars is just the start of our improving technology.

▬▬▬▬▬      ▬     iCumulate         Investing in the future together           ▬      ▬▬▬▬▬
WHITEPAPER  ]     ████     PRESALE  /  Nov 30th - Dec 7th     ████     [   ONE PAGER   ]
▬      ▬▬▬▬▬     Twitter     ●     Facebook     ●     Telegram     ●     Medium     ▬▬▬▬▬      ▬
inafaustine

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:00:56 PM

Porsche will begin production on the Taycan, which is expected to start around $75,000, in 2019.
thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:34:39 AM

In my country we don't have electric car but we have electric bike and jeep now where instead of gasoline it needs to charge only. But so far I don't have plan to buy them both. I don't think also it will become the future car in my opinion. Possible drone could be the future for transportation not electric car.
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:58:10 AM

Electric cars are still incredibly wasteful and inefficient from a resource point of view.  It is much more environmentally friendly to just not use cars at all.

walking>>public transit>car share>electric car>gasoline car

So if we were to scale them 1-5 these musk fanboys are bragging about going from a score of 1 to a score of 2.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:13:38 AM

Congrats on the post, but a correction.

Texas Fracking industry has already freed us from the Middle East conflicts and removed the bargaining ability of those countries.

Interesting question though whether electric cars could have a similar effect. I'm inclined to say no, even though about 40% of a barrel of crude does become gasoline.

The reason to hesitate on this is that some time ago, everyone was promised that solar and wind would free us from (blah-blah-blah). None of that came to be true, and nuclear power, which actually could free us, has been systematically thwarted for decades.

Imho the main problem is high tariffs (especially against chinese) on solar imports by the US and EU.

If i remember correct without tariffs solar prices would fall 30-50+%.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Nicholson55

Activity: 76

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 06:26:18 AM

The concept of an electric car is great, and people definitely want to believe and get involved, but until the associated infrastructure is in place than people just won't buy one. One of the most common things I have heard about electric cars is 'I can't go on a long road trip' even though, more than likely, the person making that comment only goes on one 'long' drive a year (if that). So, until those people are convinced that the infrastructure allows them to do things like that, the greater population won't budge on petrol cars
yihad

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 06:05:19 PM

Global X recently made its case for EVs (via Seeking Alpha) explaining that "electric vehicles are rapidly advancing and appear poised to trigger the transportation industry's largest shakeup in over a century." Why? In a series of charts, Global X states their case. First, "EVs have various advantages over ICE vehicles, including cheaper fuel, lower maintenance costs, and less air pollution."
ericaltm

Activity: 96
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:33:56 PM

This is indeed the future, I suggest you do some research on the early electric cars. And why gas cars eventually dominated market share. It is all about them $$$. But why have $$$ when it is not good for the planet. Every bit helps, whether buying a Tesla or simply having solar panels on your house for your electricity at home.

A good reason to do so and motivate those that read this comment: If you produce more electricity than you use at home, you can sell it to your neighbors.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉
▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌ (https://www.artcoin.ai/)
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:15:04 AM

Porsche will begin production on the Taycan...

The Trashcan?
Volimack

Activity: 406
Merit: 12

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 14, 2023, 12:39:48 PM

The development of electric cars will be much like the Internet revolution. It is said that electric cars will also quickly take over the market just as the trend of online services including google has developed rapidly. The advent of smartphones has revolutionized internet based services. Such a big revolution is expected in the global car industry. Governments around the world are now moving towards banning the sale of petrol and diesel vehicles as technological advances show the potential of eco- riendly electric vehicles.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
OnZen

Activity: 58
Merit: 6

Hello WO buddy's Onzen is back

View Profile
January 14, 2023, 02:12:45 PM

In the future, electronic vehicle will be quite common. These days, it's impossible to get around without a vehicle that runs on gasoline or diesel. There will come a day when there will be less fuel oil available globally, which will result in a rise in fuel oil prices. Which none of them will be able to afford. This will lead to a rise in the demand for electric vehicles in the future. Since then, the only affordable transportation option will be electronic vehicle.

▀▄▀▄▀▄ WO buddy Onzen is back▀▄▀▄▀▄
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
January 14, 2023, 02:36:14 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2023, 03:17:14 PM by BADecker

Use nuclear wastes to make the electricity from to power the car. Nuclear battery.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
montaga

Activity: 610
Merit: 264

Freedom, Natural Law

View Profile
January 14, 2023, 03:10:45 PM

The development of electric cars will be much like the Internet revolution. It is said that electric cars will also quickly take over the market just as the trend of online services including google has developed rapidly. The advent of smartphones has revolutionized internet based services. Such a big revolution is expected in the global car industry. Governments around the world are now moving towards banning the sale of petrol and diesel vehicles as technological advances show the potential of eco- riendly electric vehicles.
Are you drunk or something.
Did the internet revolution take 120 Years to get going?
"quickly take over the market" What?
"eco- riendly electric" Right, power comes from power plug. (never mind the losers along the way after electric been produced a coal power plant) 
Sayakaaja

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 14, 2023, 03:47:41 PM

electric cars is the best way to minimize pollution in our country and most of all in our mother earth.
less noice  and it can help to maintain clean atmosphere.

I love this message, this is all true.
having electric cars will reduce the pollution of the earth and people will have good savings after that.
Oil is controlled by ELITES and they control the price and profit of it.
While on an electric car, it is much affordable and solar power is one of the powers they can have.

electric cars are great, and I think they will definitely be in the future. the earth is old, and indeed electric cars will reduce pollution.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
January 14, 2023, 03:54:34 PM

electric cars is the best way to minimize pollution in our country and most of all in our mother earth.
less noice  and it can help to maintain clean atmosphere.

I love this message, this is all true.
having electric cars will reduce the pollution of the earth and people will have good savings after that.
Oil is controlled by ELITES and they control the price and profit of it.
While on an electric car, it is much affordable and solar power is one of the powers they can have.

electric cars are great, and I think they will definitely be in the future. the earth is old, and indeed electric cars will reduce pollution.

Of course, there's the electricity pollution factor.

What Exactly is Electrical Pollution?
Electrical pollution is the umbrella term used to describe the unintended and excessive amounts of non-useful and/or potentially harmful energies that have become ever-present in today’s modern built world.

Electrical pollution refers to manmade electromagnetic fields (EMFs), also called electromagnetic radiation (EMR) produced from all electronics and electrical wiring.

Dirty energy aka electromagnetic interference (EMI) is another form of electrical pollution created as a byproduct of inefficient use of electrical current.

Improper wiring can add to the electrical pollution in your home and may lead to inefficient or unsafe use of electricity.

Also, check out articles on electricity pollution here https://yandex.com/search/?text=electricity+pollution&lr=103182.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: