Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:18:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Block Erupter Blade (New Model)]Low Price, Limited Quantity  (Read 39954 times)
MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 05:43:06 AM

Do you know what happens when an ASIC manufacturer doesn't charge the most they can charge (ie. "market price")?

What happens is what we saw with Avalon devices: people buying devices for $1,000 from Avalon, and selling them on eBay for $10,000.

So you've got a choice. Either let the manufacturer make the money or let some random buyer make the money. Who do you think deserves it the most?
Who?

The bitcoin community who buys the mining equipment.

If the bitcoin community didn't exist, FriedCat would be leftovers in the trash can out the back of your local restaurant.

Basically, companies like AsicMiner and Avalon are pretty much on target to destroy the Bitcoin community in the near future.

I would not be the slightest bit surprised if Bitcoin either had next to no mining community in 12 months, or bitcoin was itself dead and gone.

At the moment AsicMiner is a short sighted attempt to grab as much cash and BTC as possible and doesn't give a damn about the bitcoin community except how much it can damage it by fleecing it of as much BTC as possible.

I will also point out that AsicMiner only started to sell hardware under duress.
I guess they took that duress and shoved it where the sun don't shine for everyone who bought AMUs and most people who bought blades.

Yes of course some people will buy devices and sell them on ebay for more.
But deriding that is directly deriding AsicMiner for doing the exact same thing to literally everyone who buys hardware from them.

P.S. tell me where above I am wrong ...

BTC will need to go up in price that makes it still advantageous to mine or the entire concept does not work.
Looks like BTC will be on target to do just that as it's getting close to a 24/7 Global buying of BTC by the entire civilized world. 200,000,000 increase in market cap in last few months.
It's just a baby learning to sprint...
 Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 05:51:19 AM

Do you know what happens when an ASIC manufacturer doesn't charge the most they can charge (ie. "market price")?

What happens is what we saw with Avalon devices: people buying devices for $1,000 from Avalon, and selling them on eBay for $10,000.

So you've got a choice. Either let the manufacturer make the money or let some random buyer make the money. Who do you think deserves it the most?
Who?

The bitcoin community who buys the mining equipment.

If the bitcoin community didn't exist, FriedCat would be leftovers in the trash can out the back of your local restaurant.

Basically, companies like AsicMiner and Avalon are pretty much on target to destroy the Bitcoin community in the near future.

I would not be the slightest bit surprised if Bitcoin either had next to no mining community in 12 months, or bitcoin was itself dead and gone.

At the moment AsicMiner is a short sighted attempt to grab as much cash and BTC as possible and doesn't give a damn about the bitcoin community except how much it can damage it by fleecing it of as much BTC as possible.

I will also point out that AsicMiner only started to sell hardware under duress.
I guess they took that duress and shoved it where the sun don't shine for everyone who bought AMUs and most people who bought blades.

Yes of course some people will buy devices and sell them on ebay for more.
But deriding that is directly deriding AsicMiner for doing the exact same thing to literally everyone who buys hardware from them.

P.S. tell me where above I am wrong ...

Hate to say it but ... Kano is right !!

I feel so dirty ...lolz

They are sucking every last cent out of everything that they can ....not one iota less

BFL AVALON ASICMINER GOX...I hope they all are gone in the next 12 months

Morality is being faced with a decision and then NOT taking the easy path.....Most people live lives never having to face these questions ..but long story short all of the above have failed & failed miserably....

Nobody has ANY feelings of loyality to Friedcat & crew as they have shown total disrespect to all....  

CRYPTO is full of the trader mentality which is how crypto was created & born in the first place by the BANKING & FINANCE guys......The did not give a flying fuck about what they where doing as long as they made coin !!!  GFC

Oh well its funny....... all that has to happen is somebody who can still make mega $$ but also give back & not take the fast instantaneous ME ME ME money crab ....and they will own crypto & be respected

So far this person or ppl have not yet materialized or been proven worthy of the CRYPTO Excalibur  

OBJECT NOT FOUND
sephtin

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 06:13:10 AM

Not conservative enough.  By the time anyone receives one, the diff is estimated to be > ~85M. 
Making only that change:  http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/affe07a256

Regardless of the posts about the "value" of BTC in USD....  If you spend 4BTC on one of these, the chance of getting 4BTC back from them is non-existent.
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 07:35:59 AM

4 btc/$560 cost basis for 10gh + starting difficulty 88,000,000 + only 15% per difficulty increase = $27 profit after 12 months.  No go.

Mining is dead, long live mining!

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 08:38:46 AM

4 btc/$560 cost basis for 10gh + starting difficulty 88,000,000 + only 15% per difficulty increase = $27 profit after 12 months.  No go.

What calculations for % gain in BTC price?

pixl8tr

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 11:59:08 AM

What calculations for % decrease in BTC price?    (This is just as  likely)  ;-)

who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; finger; bjobs; uptime; strip;. grab; mount; yes; umount; sleep; brun;
Donations: 18ByQvDUmaMKkQbYvUWmnPSu9BWeNxVMoc
sephtin

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 01:52:40 PM

Sorry for the tangent of the thread... but I feel it's relevant.

If you spend 4BTC, and it never returns 4BTC... then who cares what USD price of BTC is?

The less than 4BTC you earn with the hardware will never be worth as much as the 4BTC spent for the hardware, no matter what the price of BTC is...

Endlessa

Activity: 335

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 02:27:50 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2013, 03:10:54 PM by Endlessa

4 btc/$560 cost basis for 10gh + starting difficulty 88,000,000 + only 15% per difficulty increase = $27 profit after 12 months.  No go.

If you spend 4BTC, and it never returns 4BTC... then who cares what USD price of BTC is?

The less than 4BTC you earn with the hardware will never be worth as much as the 4BTC spent for the hardware, no matter what the price of BTC is...

This alone is reason enough. . . . and there is more. . .

AM had the chance to crush the competition and dominated the market by supplying hardware at competitive prices.  If they had focused on an expanded supply line and competing on price.  They could have owned asic production and created an economy of scale with much more long term profit, but instead they focused on maximizing their short term profit.  This in turn left room in the market for another 4-6 companies to pop up.  This is good for customers, but truly bad news for AM.  the current competitive pricing is around $7-$8 a gigahash and this costs $52.  The only reason they are selling is there are a lot of frenzied people who can't do simple math/logic and realize that 4 BTC is  worth more than the return on the mining output of 10 gh/s.  When marketing product, instead of just leveraging frenzy, a company needs to attract customers by offering an advantage.  Everybody would buy from AM if they gave a good price.  

Next thing that typical AM fan boi blindness types have to say is "AM will lower the prices when they need to".  That'll be great, except we will have all found supply lines and created loyal relationships with companies that we know won't face rape us on prices when they feel like they can or have us over a barrel. No one will want to trust them.  The customer base they have now will have gone broke buying overpriced hardware with no ROI and had to leave the mining game.   That's the essence of it.  Can AM do this? Yes and they have the right too.  Will it lead to a bright and sun-shiny future? No, somebody will step up and compete properly and will invest in the long term.  AM will have bled their customer base dry of funds.  And the 10s of thousands of miners deploying massively superior hashing products will have overwhelmed their ability to deploy in the mining operation side.

So go ahead AM, keep on keeping on.  Then one day there will be no customers left. . .imho

g' luck
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 02:41:53 PM

AM will have bled their customer base dry of funds.

Interesting discussion.

Re the USD theme - I never wanted to acquire USD, and my angst has been growing of late as I reflect that I've sunk a lot of my hard-mined BTC into buying miners (BFL and Erupters) when what I really wanted to do was dump fiat and acquire BTC (regardless of relative prices). Gotta think this through some more.        Smiley
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 02:54:35 PM

should it be any different now?  Spare me your sanctimonious crap, it's still highway robbery.

Come on dude, it's not like you are forced to buy these.  If you don't like the deal, you just don't buy.  Nobody robs you.

Everyone says they need to inform the clueless about BFL's practices.  I am only doing the same about these.  If you shout down the logic you are condoning the practice of ripping people off for profit.  If people have been warned and still buy, then there is nothing I can do but say "I warned you".

Guess what?  No-one in this thread is interested in your opinion.  Get down off your soap box, and go take it somewhere else.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 02:59:57 PM

This seems really, really hard for people to understand.

This is solely what I calculate ASIC hardware on , since most hardware is sold @ BTC prices. It doesnt matter its USD conversion and I leave power cost out of it too cuz that involves USD conversion.
So yeah, everything announced and / or selling right now will most likely never achieve this - or so it seems.

But, I suspect that difficulty will achieve some sort of flatline around 1.xxx billion and hold for a while. Giving room for some of these devices to make positive ROI. Theres just simply not enough hardware announced to achieve the 328 PH/s hashrate required for a difficulty of predicted 42billion.
At most there is 10PH or so in the pipeline.... and that puts us around a 1.3billion diff...

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
buyer99

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 06:45:50 PM

So how bout them blades?  Ethernet is handy in it's own right, but USB would be nice so I could just throw it on my pi...

Will the interface be the same?   Native stratum support?   Why remove the overclock?

Are more pictures/information available for power connections and backplanes?

Will the backplanes be sold seperately?

candoo

Activity: 602

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 06:50:34 PM

Ill answer that for you:
So how bout them blades?  Ethernet is handy in it's own right, but USB would be nice so I could just throw it on my pi...

Will the interface be the same?   Native stratum support?   Why remove the overclock?

Are more pictures/information available for power connections and backplanes?

Will the backplanes be sold seperately?

Ill answer that for you:

We are glad to introduce our new model of Block Erupter Blades to the market. The hashing unit, the power module, and the ethernet controller are now integrated into one board, resulting in a more compact design with higher computation density.

Besides the original power connector, the plug-able gold fingers are added to the blade. The blades are also complemented with a back-plane for them to fit in (10 in 1). It makes deployment easier and quicker.

While the back-plane is compatible with any normal PSUs with its cable-based connector, it also offers a slot for a certain brand of widely available PSUs (Part Number: HP DPS 800GBA or ATSN 7001044-Y000).

Spec: 10GHhash/s guaranteed.
         Rated speed 10.752GHash/s.
         200mm x 160mm in size.

Resellers:
US: eleuthria, CanaryInTheMine, SilentSonicBoom
Canada: teek
EU, Switzerland and North Europe: yxt
China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau: rockxie
Australia: leotreasure@gmail.com
India: Pinwheel

Purchasers from the rest of the world can buy the products directly from us. One back-plane will be provided per ten Block Erupter Blade (New Model).

Former warranty conditions still hold.

Mailing address for sales: asicminer.blades@gmail.com.
Mailing address for support: asicminer.help@gmail.com.

To purchase, please send your full name/address/zip code/phone number to the mailing address for sales.

Notes:
1. Please make sure that the polarity of PSUs matches the polarity on the backplane. If you are connecting the blades to the PSU without backplane, please also make sure that the polarity matches each other.

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
metal_jacke1

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 06:53:54 PM

What if I ordered 10 blades, separately over a span of a couple of weeks? Can I get a backplane then?
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:23:38 PM

should it be any different now?  Spare me your sanctimonious crap, it's still highway robbery.

Come on dude, it's not like you are forced to buy these.  If you don't like the deal, you just don't buy.  Nobody robs you.

Everyone says they need to inform the clueless about BFL's practices.  I am only doing the same about these.  If you shout down the logic you are condoning the practice of ripping people off for profit.  If people have been warned and still buy, then there is nothing I can do but say "I warned you".

Guess what?  No-one in this thread is interested in your opinion.  Get down off your soap box, and go take it somewhere else.
It's not an opinion, it's fact.  But I guess the 6-8 other people now saying the same thing I did means nothing.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
badalien

Activity: 540

BestRate.org

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 07:38:36 PM

+1
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 07:38:56 PM

4 btc/$560 cost basis for 10gh + starting difficulty 88,000,000 + only 15% per difficulty increase = $27 profit after 12 months.  No go.

AM had the chance to crush the competition and dominated the market by supplying hardware at competitive prices.  If they had focused on an expanded supply line and competing on price.  They could have owned asic production and created an economy of scale with much more long term profit, but instead they focused on maximizing their short term profit.  This in turn left room in the market for another 4-6 companies to pop up.  This is good for customers, but truly bad news for AM.

etc..etc..

So go ahead AM, keep on keeping on.  Then one day there will be no customers left. . .imho

g' luck

am was making 2500%+ profit margin on their blades, the industry leader apple is making around 30% and that's considered extremely high.  am knows exactly what they are doing. Why sell 5000 blades when you can sell 200 and achieve the same profit. They have continued to be the market leader in term of actual gh/$ delivered.

It sucks for the clueless miners buying into their hardware that barely roi anything, but it does not suck to be am.

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:44:17 PM

It sucks for the clueless miners buying into their hardware that barely roi anything, but it does not suck to be am.

This is true of any ASIC hardware supplier =) ... they are the only folks making the real profit out of this gold rush =)

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:59:12 PM

AM had the chance to crush the competition and dominated the market by supplying hardware at competitive prices.  If they had focused on an expanded supply line and competing on price.  They could have owned asic production and created an economy of scale with much more long term profit, but instead they focused on maximizing their short term profit.  This in turn left room in the market for another 4-6 companies to pop up.  This is good for customers, but truly bad news for AM.

etc..etc..

g' luck

am was making 2500%+ profit margin on their blades, the industry leader apple is making around 30% and that's considered extremely high.  am knows exactly what they are doing. Why sell 5000 blades when you can sell 200 and achieve the same profit. They have continued to be the market leader in term of actual gh/$ delivered.

I think you meant leader in $/GH.  500$/GH on the early 50BTC blades, $750/GH in May for USB.  Nobody knows how to ass-rape customers like AM.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
buyer99

Activity: 81

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 08:05:22 PM

@candoo    Sarcasm..... right?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: