Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:02:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Those who have invested in bitcoin when it was 18k-20k$  (Read 2018 times)
Kersh768

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

Freshdice.com

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:58:44 PM

I have a friend who bought bitcoin during this peak season. When the bitcoin price was 18-20k USD. Now he is sad and disappointed seeing that the current price has dropped to 50% and more and he is afraid he is going to lose all. In short he lost his hope and faith in bitcoin already. Has anyone here did the same as he did? If you did invest in that amount what did you do to your bitcoin, did you sell it or still holding it?
Selling will not be a help but rather will just be a contribution to make its market value continue falling. Just continue holding because once its market price starts to rise, your investment will be redeemed and might as well earn profit. Don't be afraid and invest now that its price is low to earn bigger profit once its value fully recovered.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JCLee

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:05:08 PM

Your friend is not the only one whom invested in Bitcoin when its price was 18k - 20k$ Smiley. A lot of holders and investors invested in Bitcoin at that time and atm I think all of them are really panic cause Bitcoin price dump so much Smiley. If you take a look at the price of Bitcoin at Q1 every year, you can see that at this time Bitcoin price often dump really hard but it'll rise back soon. You should tell your friend don't worry so much, just keep holding and hope that Bitcoin price will rise back to your friend buy price Smiley)

yasirsidds89

Activity: 114
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 04:06:45 PM

lot of my friends bought it but not me i bought when it was 4500 usd per coin Smiley
Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:14:32 PM

I have a friend who bought bitcoin during this peak season. When the bitcoin price was 18-20k USD. Now he is sad and disappointed seeing that the current price has dropped to 50% and more and he is afraid he is going to lose all. In short he lost his hope and faith in bitcoin already. Has anyone here did the same as he did? If you did invest in that amount what did you do to your bitcoin, did you sell it or still holding it?

Every investment, especially in currency, carries the risk of losing capital. Your friends are not the only ones who bought 20k $. Now, probably the best solution for them is to hold. If they have strong nerves. Wink
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:16:16 PM

Honestly, I do not envy these guys. If I were on their place, I would sure keep Bitcoin and will not sell it these days.
Mhedz

Activity: 336

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 05:28:44 PM

If you're a real friend of him/her,you will not let him/her to sell his/her bitcoin now as it was in the dip. it must better to hodl and wait the value pump to 18-20k again. Bitcoin already reached that price before so apparrently,there's a big chance that it will pump again and reach that value. If he/she is a trader,she/he can put it into altcoins. If you're into this world,you must always have a second options,you must be wise and risk taker. Please advice him/her not to sell.

Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:33:01 PM

Wow a very expensive purchase aparently.
Just tell your friends : "Better, use the principle of a trader", before selling usualy a trader will hold it, and waiting for bitcoin prices to improve even though it takes a very long time. While waiting for bitcoin prices to improve they will (trade) other crypto, such as altcoin and of course altcoin they choose 'not based on price', but based on fluctuations that exist and develop in the market.

PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:56:24 PM

I think it is important for him to calm down and keep it, not to sell them. The crypto market is fluctuating, young investors fear and sell out their Bitcoins to avoid losses, which in turn reduces Bitcoin value. I believe many people here have the same thoughts with me. He must calm down and keep it if he does not want to lose more money. The future of Bitcoin is still long and its development potential is still huge. This is just my advice
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:34:36 PM

Obviously holding. Any trader or person who has invested into BTC would at least have enough knowledge about the staggering volatility rates of btc. Holding is the best option for all the holders as the price of btc has still not reached it's peak point. I had also invested around the same range and according to me there's no point of thinking to sell it any time soon.
Daimon88

Activity: 397

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:14:54 AM

I suggested them who bought at that price to not look at their portfolio in USD, i personally keep buying as much as i can, no matter the price. Even though i'm HODLing but you know it's painful seeing the price crash down, although the price will be recover. The point is just to buy low and sell high and what if the price keeps going down? just Hodl them until zero
It is not easy to be really this much patient with your coins because of the unstable human nature of like not everyone has that much good control over nerves. The investment that people have made is again not few dollars, it is in thousand dollars.

I don’t know about other coins but as far as bitcoin concerned, I am sure that this coin is going to make you proud of yourself soon and change your lives completely.
yonghaseo

Activity: 111
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:30:28 AM

Well that's a big loss now for him and to everyone who bought bitcoin in that price. Tell him that he have to be patient and believe that this is not the end,  just let him hold his coins now until the price rises back. Or if he still have some money now, he can also invest now to bring his capital back. Because this is the right time to buy.

●●● XPETROLEUM | Building The Trust Oil Economy With Blockchain Technology ●●●
Visit : https://xpetroleum.com/
paparexon0414

Activity: 432
Merit: 126

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:44:56 AM

All i  see in the markets are red. This really bothered me. I didnt bought anything when the bitcoin at its peak (and iam glad that i did not bought some bitcoin). Sorry for you friend and i feel him too. But we should not lose all the hope we have because in the end this feeling of hopelessness will lead us to more drastic loss of profit. I believe he should still yold for a while. Maybe there are so many red in the markets but its too early to say that this will be in a long run. Please do not panic selling. If you are scared in this situation i guess trading is not the right thing for you (its ok to panic but not to be scared with it)
Edrian

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:04:35 AM

The best thing to do is to hold it and let's hope that it will increase its value once again, I lost some of my investments too, it is hard for me to cash out my remaining bitcoin investments, I still believe at bitcoin, we just need some patience and trust that it will inflate again. don't panic like everyone else I think it's pretty normal for bitcoin to return to its normal value and it will increase again like what happens in 2017 or even greater.
JCO05

Activity: 429

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:28:14 AM

I would probably hold it. Bitcoin is volatilr and we are all ared of it. Fluctuations as what is happening right now is jist normal and inevitable. Holding will be more necessary to avoid losing money from your investment. Also, if you will choose to sell, it will jist make the market vlue to fall even more.

Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:59:07 AM

Selling will not be a help but rather will just be a contribution to make its market value continue falling. Just continue holding because once its market price starts to rise, your investment will be redeemed and might as well earn profit. Don't be afraid and invest now that its price is low to earn bigger profit once its value fully recovered.
Yeah if you sell now of course you've gotten lose so big because bitcoin has dropped more than 50% of the price a few weeks earlier. I myself buy when price around $16k and if I sell now I will losing 60% of my money. of course I will not do that. I still have another pocket money, I will use it for pay my dailylife and still be able to trade with the rest of my funds (that's the importance of financial management on investments) so I'll continue to hold my bitcoin that I buy at a high price before. because I believe bitcoin will rise again
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 07:59:36 AM

I would probably hold it. Bitcoin is volatilr and we are all ared of it. Fluctuations as what is happening right now is jist normal and inevitable. Holding will be more necessary to avoid losing money from your investment. Also, if you will choose to sell, it will jist make the market vlue to fall even more.

That's the problem if you ride the hype and impulsively buy without doing your own reseach. If we believes in btc and its potential in the long run, then what's happening now shouldn't even bother him. What's a few month's dip compared to how btc may be valued in a few years more.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
nightfury

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:39:18 AM

Bitcoin has indeed dropped its market value at 70% now and i bought my bitcoin at 14,000$. I've been hodling it since it it started to drop thinking that it will just go back. So this is it, I am just hodling it that sell it now at a very cheap and losing price.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:43:08 AM

If your friend is not stupid, then he will not sell his bitcoins now. Read various topics on the forum, everyone says (and I think so) that you do not need to sell it and the price will still reach new heights and your friend will change his mind. Rest assured.
If someone has bought the bitcoin at time when the worth of bitcoin was around 20k $ needs to keep his nerves under his control. If he gets panic at this moment and makes some decision of selling his bitcoins, then he will surely going to lose a huge amount of money. The market value of bitcoin will soon rise, so it is better not to make such kind of mistake and try to keep on holding your bitcoins.
megget

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

Blockchain Identity Verification

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:12:23 AM

I did not buy at 20,000. But I did not sell my investment for 20,000. I think the situations are similar. I have one opinion - hold. Now it's too late to sell. What does it mean: "he is afraid he is going to lose all". Today, the price has already fallen by 60-70%. I do not see any reason to fix the loss and pick up the balance of 30-40%. The price will return to 20 000 dollars and will be higher, only time is needed.

Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:33:42 AM

Tell your friend that he should not sell his bitcoin because if he does so, he will be at a total loss which will make him sadder and more disappointed. Tell me to be patient and forget about the fall. Bitcoin will surely go up as usual. Perhaps it will take much longer, but it will overcome this crisis.

Many countries are banning bitcoin and the price is going to fall even more. I even smell that it is going to reach 1000$. However, I still believe in bitcoin and I am sure it will recover. Your friend needs to trust bitcoin. That is all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: