Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:05:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: An entity that enforces the law is allowed violation of the very laws it enforce  (Read 2418 times)
Anonymous

July 14, 2011, 02:20:04 AM

I ask because I was fined for not wearing a seatbelt yet every police car Ive seen driving around none of them wear their seatbelts.

Maybe they are too fat from eating donuts to fit through the window in a crash ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 02:24:56 AM

I ask because I was fined for not wearing a seatbelt yet every police car Ive seen driving around none of them wear their seatbelts.

Maybe they are too fat from eating donuts to fit through the window in a crash ?

Clearly, your government masters know what's best for both you and them. In your case, you need to wear a seatbelt. In their case, they don't.
Anonymous

July 14, 2011, 02:26:02 AM

I believe under the common law of your country, you have the right to travel without hindrance unless you revoked that right by accepting all the provisions of your license.

Anyways, the cops have no accountability.
BookofNick

Activity: 315
Merit: 116

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 02:38:28 AM

Seatbelt laws are pretty silly. I'm more concerned about the whole "force" thing. Police supposedly keep the peace by preventing violence from happening, when in fact they are the primary initiators of violence.

This is the contradiction people must overcome if we are to move ahead, in terms of freedom.

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 02:43:23 AM

We are here to protect you from theft and violence.... For which service we will make you pay us, whether you want to or not.  Roll Eyes

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
ascent

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 02:58:09 AM

We are here to protect you from theft and violence.... For which service we will make you pay us, whether you want to or not.  Roll Eyes

And in your fabled world, your various factions of hired thugs are any better?
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 03:02:22 AM

in your fabled world

It's quite pathetic that you've taken after AyeYo. I used to have respect for you. We disagreed but at least you were rational. Now, you're just another statist troll.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 03:03:38 AM

And in your fabled world, your various factions of hired thugs are any better?

Actually yes. When was the last time Brinks invaded ADT?

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
ascent

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 03:04:52 AM

It's quite pathetic that you've taken after AyeYo. I used to have respect for you. We disagreed but at least you were rational. Now, you're just another statist troll.

Your opinion of me varies. Life goes on. Do you think my opinion of you varies? Or is it consistent?
BenRayfield

Activity: 316
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 03:05:59 AM

Governments start wars and say its legal. Lets legalize murder to keep it fair.

Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 03:10:46 AM

I find it really common to see police cars speeding for no apparent reason (no sirens, just doing 10-15 above the speed limit).

If you tried to keep up with them, they'd probably pull you over and write you a ticket.

benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 04:31:01 AM

When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 04:36:53 AM

When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal.

If only that meant it wasn't illegal for anyone any more.

TheGer

Activity: 602

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 06:52:31 AM

There is a "Do as I say, not as I do" mentality in Law Enforcement.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 07:37:32 PM

Actually yes. When was the last time Brinks invaded ADT?

Not so much Brinks vs ADT but My families Irish thugs beat out the Italian thugs in there area.  Mostly because the Italian thugs were splintered and fought each other while the Irish thugs remained unified.  I wouldn't have wanted to live in my grandfathers days.

Know what the difference between the Mafia and the Government is?

A flag.

em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2011, 11:00:10 PM

next time encrypt your seatbelt and use decentralized P2P vehicular transport options...

Oops, I forgot that not every problem can be solved by encryption + P2P.  I am reminded of the Satoshi quote in my signature...

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
Anonymous

July 15, 2011, 12:24:25 AM

Last time I tried to ignore a cop he grabbed my car keys and threw them in the bushes on the side of the road...

The only thing worse than a leo is an angry leo - especially when theres no witnesses or cameras.

Now I carry a camera everywhere just in case. I even bought one of those ones that sits in your car and records the whole surrounding area.

The camera is the new gun.

em3rgentOrdr

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2011, 01:00:24 AM

Last time I tried to ignore a cop he grabbed my car keys and threw them in the bushes on the side of the road...

The only thing worse than a leo is an angry leo - especially when theres no witnesses or cameras.

Now I carry a camera everywhere just in case. I even bought one of those ones that sits in your car and records the whole surrounding area.

+1.  I wish I had a camera installed in my car dashboard recently...  I don't want to talk about it on the internet, though.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2011, 01:15:42 AM

+1.  I wish I had a camera installed in my car dashboard recently...  I don't want to talk about it on the internet, though.

+1 more. I gotta get me one of those dash cams. If I had my way, it would save the video to my home server.

em3rgentOrdr

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2011, 01:28:04 AM

+1 more. I gotta get me one of those dash cams. If I had my way, it would save the video to my home server.

+1.  Exactly.  Well if you have smartphone with internet, then it is possible to set up.  I wish I had done that.  But it is easy to forget to press "record".  I have actually been wanting to make a simple open-source dash cam.  Something that you don't have to remember to press record and you don't have to worry about it running out of batteries, and it always stores the incomming video to an encrypted micro sd card.  If it is late at night or you have been partying too much, it is very easy to forget to press record before driving home.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: