Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:02:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC2] Bitcoin 2, BTC Fork 1:1, PoS 🔥 Anonymous ⚡️Instant TX  (Read 92538 times)
Dennis333319

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2020, 05:15:59 PM

the question we need to ask is, why new investors adopt btc2? in the current situation of cryptos now, no one will put their money on someone's coin that there is no strong community, strong marketing system etc, I know everyone of us here know that principle, before we put our hard earned money we look on different angle in one's project. BTC2 needs an extra miles to prove into the community that it is worth to invest.

Yes and no  Wink
I agree that a better marketing system and a bigger community would do well, but it only speeds up the integration of BTC2.
Im here for the longterm. Sure, the dream is to invest in a coin that will grow 100% every year or more, but the chance of that is so low.
I stay even if we hit 0.3$ or 0.1$ and less because I believe in the success of the coin. Im happy being involved in such a cool project  Cool

I admire you for being optimistic with this project, me too I'm still hoping for this project and don't blame me just to tell my opinion for this project, yeah being optimistic is good but we need a critical thinking for this project.

I dont blame you for anything. Critical thinking is usually even helpful Smiley
But most of the time you have to take action yourself to change something or to help at least with it Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
loopster40

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 02:40:19 PM

I need some help with the Bitcoin 2 wallet. Mine started acting up and freezing. So I backup the wallet data file. Deleted the whole Bitcoin2 folder and reinstalled Bitcoin 2 wallet. Even though I placed the wallet data back in the folder. I am showing no balance. What can I do?
Dennis333319

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2020, 03:24:19 PM

I need some help with the Bitcoin 2 wallet. Mine started acting up and freezing. So I backup the wallet data file. Deleted the whole Bitcoin2 folder and reinstalled Bitcoin 2 wallet. Even though I placed the wallet data back in the folder. I am showing no balance. What can I do?

Is it already fully synced again?
loopster40

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 03:48:35 PM

Yes, I let it sync. Then closed it. Then added my wallet data file. Opened it again. It synced, but no coins.
Dennis333319

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2020, 04:12:15 PM

Yes, I let it sync. Then closed it. Then added my wallet data file. Opened it again. It synced, but no coins.

Hmmmm, do you have the complete backups folder? You can try another one...
If you dont, you need to wait for Jackles answer  Wink
loopster40

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 04:16:41 PM

I have the wallet data file and backups folder and blocks folder. But I have already tried to replace those and still no coins. So I guess I am out 41 coins I just bought.
Dennis333319

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2020, 04:44:01 PM

I have the wallet data file and backups folder and blocks folder. But I have already tried to replace those and still no coins. So I guess I am out 41 coins I just bought.

Keep the files and wait for Jackles. He always has a few tips Smiley
loopster40

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 05:45:25 PM

Thanks!
jackleszz (OP)

Activity: 913
Merit: 25

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2020, 04:33:40 PM

Thanks!

inside the Bitcoin 2 data folder, after making a backup, you should put the wallet.dat that you backed up in there, then launch the wallet and make sure your wallet is on the same block as the block explorer at https://www.bitc2.org/block-explorer/ in order to know that it is fully synced. (Click tools to see the block number)

If that doesn't help:
Only when the wallet is fully shutdown, after backing up your current wallet.dat you can also try the oldest backup of a wallet that you have in the backups folder, by placing it in the same folder that has bitcoin2.conf and debug.log and renaming it to be wallet.dat. (That you backed up elsewhere, don't just overwrite it).

█████████████ ⚡ BITCOIN 2 ⚡ ████████████████████████
█████████████ ⚡ Join the discussion thread ⚡ █████████████
👀 Private  ⚡ Fast  ¢ Low fees 🔴 Scalable 💡 Economical  ❂ Decentralized
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2020, 01:35:01 PM

After working on the wallet for 2 days. I finally got my coins back in the wallet. And it took countless attempts doing all kinds of different data moves to get it to come back per say.

There's nothing normal about your experience with it. There's been 100s of users without such problems. We've used the wallet for years without such problems. One way to cause a problem is if you get a power outage or if you shut down your computer without first properly shutting down your wallet. That would corrupt the blockchain data, in which case all you would have to do to recover from it in 99% of cases is to resync the blockchain from scratch, which the wallet would suggest you to do and a simple click + a long wait would get that done.

Also the Bitcoin 2 Core wallet is not meant to be a typical end user's wallet. It's a power user's wallet. Just like Bitcoin Core is not meant for most users. With that said, there are improvements coming, one of which is to make it more power outage/sudden shutdown proof.

Dennis333319

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2020, 02:57:58 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2020, 10:15:43 PM by Dennis333319

I WOULD NOT USE IT FOR SOME TIME UNTIL IT GETS BETTER.

For almost two years I didn't have a single problem with the wallet. Should be a problem on your part, just like Jackles said...
loopster40

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 04:23:43 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2020, 04:34:30 AM by loopster40

After working on the wallet for 2 days. I finally got my coins back in the wallet. And it took countless attempts doing all kinds of different data moves to get it to come back per say.

There's nothing normal about your experience with it. There's been 100s of users without such problems. We've used the wallet for years without such problems. One way to cause a problem is if you get a power outage or if you shut down your computer without first properly shutting down your wallet. That would corrupt the blockchain data, in which case all you would have to do to recover from it in 99% of cases is to resync the blockchain from scratch, which the wallet would suggest you to do and a simple click + a long wait would get that done.

Also the Bitcoin 2 Core wallet is not meant to be a typical end user's wallet. It's a power user's wallet. Just like Bitcoin Core is not meant for most users. With that said, there are improvements coming, one of which is to make it more power outage/sudden shutdown proof.

Then if simply having a power outage causes the wallet to get corrupted. Then there really is a reason not to use the desktop wallet. I mean your explanation makes zero sense. And also I am not a total
inexperienced user. I got my coins back by myself. And what do you mean there is nothing normal about my experience with the wallet? That sounds so stupid to me. The wallet just kept shutting down on me. How is that have anything to do with not being a normal experience? lol
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2020, 02:20:59 PM

Then if simply having a power outage causes the wallet to get corrupted. Then there really is a reason not to use the desktop wallet. I mean your explanation makes zero sense. And also I am not a total
inexperienced user. I got my coins back by myself. And what do you mean there is nothing normal about my experience with the wallet? That sounds so stupid to me. The wallet just kept shutting down on me. How is that have anything to do with not being a normal experience? lol

As in your computer could have hardware problems such as a partially faulty HDD because 99+% of people that use the wallet don't have the problems that you had.

The wallet does not get corrupted from a power outage. Only the blockchain data does which simply requires a resync.

loopster40

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 04:23:10 PM

As in your computer could have hardware problems such as a partially faulty HDD because 99+% of people that use the wallet don't have the problems that you had.

The wallet does not get corrupted from a power outage. Only the blockchain data does which simply requires a resync.

I am through talking about this BS. My computer is freshly built and I have been building computers for years. I have no issues with my computer. The only thing I will say is. I have too many damn desktop wallets running on it. I do know that if you have a Bitcoin wallet or any wallet based on Bitcoin. You will have conflicts with wallets forked from the Bitcoin chain.
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2020, 12:02:48 PM

I have too many damn desktop wallets running on it.

Fair enough, that's probably why, then. Before calling it buggy etc. try running nothing but Bitcoin 2 Core. Some other wallet you're running could easily cause problems or you might just be close to running out of memory for example.

chainganginc

Activity: 298

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 12:19:55 AM

I like this coin still trying to get the logo to step up better branding. Anybody got any graphics I'm not a graphic designer. But I will try again I like Bitcoin Privates logo that might work it looks like a 2 almost also.
Dennis333319

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2021, 02:45:20 AM

I like this coin still trying to get the logo to step up better branding. Anybody got any graphics I'm not a graphic designer. But I will try again I like Bitcoin Privates logo that might work it looks like a 2 almost also.

Cool idea! But I guess it will be very difficult to replace it everywhere now if its apporved...
Maybe after a major major update it could be doable and reasonable tho Smiley
chainganginc

Activity: 298

View Profile
January 09, 2021, 12:53:18 PM

Cool idea! But I guess it will be very difficult to replace it everywhere now if its apporved...

I can see that i'll work on it.
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2021, 05:57:44 PM

Why are u guys talking about logo? Markets are rived in pieces by atrocious, ferocious people of low social descend, upset at their major losses. Everything melts and crashes, and these littlemen here blubber on logo change. U guys should bore a kettle hole in ur heads through which the excess of brain can escape. Coz u seem to be too brainy for this world.

Dennis333319

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2021, 11:39:22 PM

Why are u guys talking about logo? Markets are rived in pieces by atrocious, ferocious people of low social descend, upset at their major losses. Everything melts and crashes, and these littlemen here blubber on logo change. U guys should bore a kettle hole in ur heads through which the excess of brain can escape. Coz u seem to be too brainy for this world.

Maybe we can do both at the same??
Im not a developer so I cant help with any technical part, so me and others choose things we can actually change now...
Make posts on Twitter, write articles or tell your crypto friends about BTC2.
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: