Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:44:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC2] Bitcoin 2, BTC Fork 1:1, PoS 🔥 Anonymous ⚡️Instant TX  (Read 92548 times)
konstant111

Activity: 924
Merit: 250

my only address Eth: 0xa3beBBea49563A6D6D....

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 11:59:28 AM

it's a great job what you're doing here, unfortunately not so happy to see the rate drop, but I think it's stabilizing in time, hard fork. Smiley

STOP ERC20 SCAMS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
john1010

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2019, 02:11:40 PM

My BTC2 wallet got stuck syncing.. Im using the 2.1.4.0
jackleszz (OP)

Activity: 913
Merit: 25

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2019, 02:34:42 AM

At what block number? Try restarting the wallet if you didn't already. If that doesn't help and the wallet shows that you have more than a few connections, then click to go to Tools - Information - and click the "delete local blockchain folders" button to let it resync.

Also currently uploading a blockchain snapshot file for faster syncing. This will be available at https://www.bitc2.org/snapshot-march-29-2019.zip after a couple of hours. If you choose to use that instead of the in-wallet resync button, read the ReadMe.txt first.

█████████████ ⚡ BITCOIN 2 ⚡ ████████████████████████
█████████████ ⚡ Join the discussion thread ⚡ █████████████
👀 Private  ⚡ Fast  ¢ Low fees 🔴 Scalable 💡 Economical  ❂ Decentralized
quimbi777651

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2019, 04:03:09 AM

At what block number? Try restarting the wallet if you didn't already. If that doesn't help and the wallet shows that you have more than a few connections, then click to go to Tools - Information - and click the "delete local blockchain folders" button to let it resync.

Also currently uploading a blockchain snapshot file for faster syncing. This will be available at https://www.bitc2.org/snapshot-march-29-2019.zip after a couple of hours. If you choose to use that instead of the in-wallet resync button, read the ReadMe.txt first.
I used reindex blocks and it all worked for me. Can I use this method?

jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2019, 04:13:39 AM

I used reindex blocks and it all worked for me. Can I use this method?

If it fixed your problem, of course.

john1010

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2019, 05:43:25 AM

Done following your instruction, but none of them are working.. My wallet says, No block source available..
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2019, 05:47:48 AM

Done following your instruction, but none of them are working.. My wallet says, No block source available..

Ah so in other words you have no connections or peers. Try stopping the wallet, then deleting the peers.dat and banlist.dat files from Bitcoin 2 data folder.  Then start the wallet again. Could also be a networking problem on your computer, router or ISP if that and a reboot does not help.

jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2019, 06:31:19 AM

Relating to peers, my wallet connected to network, but its synchronisation speed is low.
So, can you help me with peer list, that I can add more peer-nodes and help to increase my wallet synchronisation process, please.
Many thanks if you can help, because I don't usually open wallet, maybe only one time per two weeks, and it takes time to finish sync process.

You can find some peer IP addresses at https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/seed.bitc2.org but those your wallet should be able to find automatically.
Can't really help speed that up if you're already past 100,000 blocks. When syncing automatically, Bitcoin 2 Core verifies that the blocks are valid instead of just trusting them and that is what takes time especially with a slow computer.
If you're not past 100,000 blocks, then downloading the snapshot I mentioned above would help.

ClaimyMcClaim

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2019, 08:13:53 AM

my masternode worked for a couple hours and then it stopped getting masternode rewards after minting a 0.6 reward

i restarted bitcoin2d and it says "staking status": "Staking Active", on the console with "bitcoin2-cli getinfo" but appears as missing on masternodes tab with an error "could not allocate txin"

in coin control i have 1000 btc2 locked and 1000.6 unlocked but i only have 1000 coins. is this normal?

it worked fine for a couple hours, why did it stop working after getting the 0.6 reward?

thanks
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2019, 08:41:18 AM

my masternode worked for a couple hours and then it stopped getting masternode rewards after minting a 0.6 reward

i restarted bitcoin2d and it says "staking status": "Staking Active", on the console with "bitcoin2-cli getinfo" but appears as missing on masternodes tab with an error "could not allocate txin"

in coin control i have 1000 btc2 locked and 1000.6 unlocked but i only have 1000 coins. is this normal?

it worked fine for a couple hours, why did it stop working after getting the 0.6 reward?

thanks

No that's not normal. Most likely you failed to lock it properly with the masternode.conf and then the 1000 staked and became immature and no longer equals 1000 and thus is no longer a valid masternode collateral amount. I take it that it is a new attempt at creating a masternode?
If the private key to that masternode BTC2 address is also in use at the web wallet or some other actively staking computer, then that would be the problem.

Even without doing anything wrong per se, it is also possible for the newly transferred 1000 BTC2 to stake before you get the chance to lock it with masternode.conf, if you waited for over an hour since the initial 1000 BTC2 transfer before doing that. You need to restart the wallet after changing masternode.conf for the lock to become effective.

You will need to redo the process of transferring 1000 BTC2 to another new address of yours and so on. (Remove the line at masternode.conf that you created, restart the local wallet and then go back to Step 1 of the guide at https://www.bitc2.org/bitcoin-2-masternode-guide).

ClaimyMcClaim

View Profile
April 07, 2019, 09:07:19 PM

are there any stats available about how many coins have been claimed?

specifically how many addresses with more than 1000btc2 have not claimed yet?

are there any plans to limit the claim time for wallets with more than 1000btc or to limit the amount claimable per key? i.e. if you have more than 1k btc you can only claim 1k or 500 or whatever arbitrary amount.

other bitcoin forks suffer from constant dumping and have opted for limiting the claim window and/or limiting the amounts claimable, has btc2 considered improving its pumpamentals by reducing the unclaimed supply in this or other manner?

i would assume that what im proposing would require a hardfork so it should be "easier" to do it now that its only listed on a couple exchanges. (im talking out of my ass, i have no clue about the actual difficulty or even feasibility)

it wouldnt be fair to have whales dump on us when the price gets attractive; a couple of whales can fuck up the price badly so thats why i think focusing on big wallets would be more effective than just disabling claims for everyone.
Hiromono

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 03:40:44 AM

are there any plans to limit the claim time for wallets with more than 1000btc or to limit the amount claimable per key? i.e. if you have more than 1k btc you can only claim 1k or 500 or whatever arbitrary amount.

other bitcoin forks suffer from constant dumping and have opted for limiting the claim window and/or limiting the amounts claimable, has btc2 considered improving its pumpamentals by reducing the unclaimed supply in this or other manner?

i would assume that what im proposing would require a hardfork so it should be "easier" to do it now that its only listed on a couple exchanges. (im talking out of my ass, i have no clue about the actual difficulty or even feasibility)

it wouldnt be fair to have whales dump on us when the price gets attractive; a couple of whales can fuck up the price badly so thats why i think focusing on big wallets would be more effective than just disabling claims for everyone.

Whales are likely to have multiple addresses anyway and getting a whale on board would be far more important than getting a regular guy on board. So unlikely to differentiate between whales and others when deciding who can claim.

Earlier on this thread we talked about doing such a fork and it seemed people here welcomed it and yes, it would be easier now. We even thought of a way to do it without forced forking which would just make it harder but not impossible to claim BTC2.

It hasn't really been a priority lately because there hasn't been many claims that simply sold straight away after claiming lately. The claiming block height is over a year ago and only true hodlers are likely to remember their private keys of that time since they still have the same addresses. But a coinmarketcap listing could still let more of those people know that they have something to claim.

No actual stats have been compiled of how much has been claimed as it would take a lot of blockchain analysis by a program or human to do it but it is a minor %.

There are cons to stopping claims, such as perception about it of those that don't yet own BTC2 and keeping the supply unaffected would make our coin market cap look high and make it easier to be in the top 100 at coinmarketcap. The solution we are most likely to do would not affect this supply number. Then again Bitcoin private did a coinburn more than a month ago and yet coinmarketcap did not update their circulating supply, yet anyway.
quimbi777651

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 03:47:41 AM

Whales are likely to have multiple addresses anyway and getting a whale on board would be far more important than getting a regular guy on board. So unlikely to differentiate between whales and others when deciding who can claim.

Earlier on this thread we talked about doing such a fork and it seemed people here welcomed it and yes, it would be easier now. We even thought of a way to do it without forced forking which would just make it harder but not impossible to claim BTC2.

It hasn't really been a priority lately because there hasn't been many claims that simply sold straight away after claiming lately. The claiming block height is over a year ago and only true hodlers are likely to remember their private keys of that time since they still have the same addresses. But a coinmarketcap listing could still let more of those people know that they have something to claim.

No actual stats have been compiled of how much has been claimed as it would take a lot of blockchain analysis by a program or human to do it but it is a minor %.

There are cons to stopping claims, such as perception about it of those that don't yet own BTC2 and keeping the supply unaffected would make our coin market cap look high and make it easier to be in the top 100 at coinmarketcap. The solution we are most likely to do would not affect this supply number. Then again Bitcoin private did a coinburn more than a month ago and yet coinmarketcap did not update their circulating supply, yet anyway.
I do not like the idea of hard fork, but somehow it is necessary to protect oneself from dump on of coins, for example, by exchanges.

jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 04:21:00 AM

I do not like the idea of hard fork, but somehow it is necessary to protect oneself from dump on of coins, for example, by exchanges.

The best method we came up with, which would make it harder but not impossible to claim would probably suffice and it would be achievable with a soft fork and the exchanges listing BTC2 wouldn't even need to update their wallets.

It would take some careful planning or a lot of trial and error by exchanges to know which Bitcoin addresses could be used to claim BTC2, because most of their addresses probably aren't old enough.

Another plus side to stopping claims eventually is that then the bigger exchanges wouldn't need to worry about rewarding BTC2 balances of over a year ago to their users and thus it would be much easier for them to list BTC2.

luvbeening

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 08:26:49 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2019, 08:37:24 AM by luvbeening

any plant to get the support from hardware wallet like trezor or ledger nano?nowardays a lot of bitcoin hodlers might keep their bitcoin in hardware wallet,it will makes these hodlers  to claim their Btc2 on hardware wallet more easier without risk,and this will help a great adoption for Btc2.

POS is the trend and i beleive Btc2 actually do have a very good competation with others frok coins like Bitcoin Cash or BitcoinSV.
quimbi777651

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 08:38:12 AM

The best method we came up with, which would make it harder but not impossible to claim would probably suffice and it would be achievable with a soft fork and the exchanges listing BTC2 wouldn't even need to update their wallets.

It would take some careful planning or a lot of trial and error by exchanges to know which Bitcoin addresses could be used to claim BTC2, because most of their addresses probably aren't old enough.

Another plus side to stopping claims eventually is that then the bigger exchanges wouldn't need to worry about rewarding BTC2 balances of over a year ago to their users and thus it would be much easier for them to list BTC2.
I really like the decision of the team.

ClaimyMcClaim

View Profile
April 08, 2019, 09:22:26 AM

i wasnt aware of that, if it can be achieved without hardforking thats even better
jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2019, 09:49:04 AM

any plant to get the support from hardware wallet like trezor or ledger nano?nowardays a lot of bitcoin hodlers might keep their bitcoin in hardware wallet,it will makes these hodlers  to claim their Btc2 on hardware wallet more easier without risk,and this will help a great adoption for Btc2.

POS is the trend and i beleive Btc2 actually do have a very good competation with others frok coins like Bitcoin Cash or BitcoinSV.

Looks like adding Trezor support is just a matter of contributing the configuration to their Github and waiting for them to approve it and do the rest. Although possibly we'll also need to configure and run one of their custom block explorers. So Trezor support seems likely to be coming.

jackleszz (OP)

Bitcoin 2 Team

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2019, 07:52:56 AM

A display bug introduced recently to the web wallet that hid the oldest two transactions in the transactions list was fixed today.

konstant111

Activity: 924
Merit: 250

my only address Eth: 0xa3beBBea49563A6D6D....

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 10:27:33 AM

Please developer more news on the project than you intend to deal with now, what's next, sincerely thank you

STOP ERC20 SCAMS
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: