Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:40:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Another Coin Take the Crown?  (Read 4553 times)
reymartH (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:39:49 AM

Bitcoin is the oldest and most valuable cryptocurrency, but a crop of nimble competitors, including Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash, could lure investors away.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3833

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:48:16 AM

Will another coin beat bitcoin in terms of total market cap? Maybe, maybe not. Is it possible? Very possible. Though Ethereum is slowly but surely closing up on market cap(currently a 57.3 billion difference[1]), it still has a far far way to go; and I honestly don't see bitcoin being replaced soon. Probably in the future, but who knows? Too early to tell. And it might not even be ETH.

[1] https://coinmarketcap.com/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:10:30 AM

Bitcoin is the oldest and most valuable cryptocurrency, but a crop of nimble competitors, including Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash, could lure investors away.
It is possible for other cryptocurrency to replace Bitcoin when it comes to dominance or market capitalization, Bitcoin currently have 35% shares on total market cap of all cryptocurrency market, that is very low compared on what it has last year, but that is still huge and that is normal since there are lots of cryptocurrency that already growing, but for now no other cryptocurrency can surpass the dominance of Bitcoin because when the value of Bitcoin goes down, most of altcoins value also follows and vise versa. We can't name any coin that can be possibly dethrone Bitcoin since no one can predict the future of this market.
ninabobo

Activity: 463
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:14:43 AM

maybe, but not for now. bitcoin still has a much higher value than all existing crypto. I still believe bitcoin will move up again, although these weeks the market is always red. this is the impact of last year's correction. yes, let's wait what will happen next.

st tiger

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:41:38 AM

If you think of the current coinmarketcap Bitcoin is weak, I think it would be wrong. Because the way the storm has increased in the past, our hope will increase again just like that. So compare to other coine with Bitcoin can not be given. Bitcoin is called because of the coinmarketcap boss. And it's like an earthquake, so bitcoin can roar suddenly.So it can not be trusted without it. Because we do not know what will happen in the future.
adsadsx

Activity: 199

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:44:12 AM

If you think of the current coinmarketcap Bitcoin is weak, I think it would be wrong. Because the way the storm has increased in the past, our hope will increase again just like that. So compare to other coine with Bitcoin can not be given. Bitcoin is called because of the coinmarketcap boss. And it's like an earthquake, so bitcoin can roar suddenly.So it can not be trusted without it. Because we do not know what will happen in the future.

meeting. And in the game of speculative sentiment and market circulation, under the delusion of technological development, it should be limited to two types of currency, savings currency and currency for circulation.
Glutius

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:04:32 AM

I think that such an outcome of events is quite possible, although it will not happen very soon. I see several promising coins on the market now - ETH, and Ripple. If the dynamics of their development will be the same as now, they may well catch up with bitcoin, but after a few years.

yaniman

Activity: 378
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:07:22 AM

In long time has no chance to take the crown. BTC was the first and most valuable. It would have been much more valuable without unnecessary speculation

CryptoBeefy

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:10:43 AM

Maybe in the long run. I cant see anything taking Bitcoin's crown anytime soon. The market still very much gets dictated by Bitcoin and it's still so far ahead of even Eth, although that's gradually closing the gap, it won't be soon.
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:12:18 AM

NO WAY! That's impossible!

Other coins wouldn't be in the same level of BTC. Btc is the founding coins and the pioneer one. It couldn't be replace nor shut down by other coins. By the looks of it, other coins could be successful but BTC will always be ahead of them. Right now the price is really unpredictable and BTC people might say it's weak at the moment but really, it happens. Most of the time! It's normal, it's gonna gather its self back together again, soon.
glanmarc

Activity: 94

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:13:14 AM

I think bitcoin will never dethroned in terms of its value in the market. And if a coin or altcoins that will replace bitcoin. Ethereum is the slightly close to the value of bitcoin. like 10% of value of bitcoin is the value of ethereum. And all in all ethereum also be converted into bitcoin to be able to convert it to real cash.
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:19:28 AM

Thats true that bitcoin is the oldest and most valuable cryptocurrency in the history of  digital currency,thats why there no one  replace to take its crown,even this  new coin that they said that can replace its rank in the exchange market could not  become a rightfull competent,because being a no.1 coin in the market  you must be popular and famous throughout the world and have a greater price value,and thats tittle belong to the bitcoin.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
monkeydominicorobin

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:23:16 AM

None of us really cares who takes the coveted crown. What is important right now is to keep the crypto flame burning till kingdom come.

Clark13

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:23:35 AM

We do not have the confirmation or the 100% assurance that bitcoin will be dethroned by another cryptocurrency. As of today, 11:29 A.M February 03, 2018, there are 26 cryptocurrencies which their market cap is about or more than $1 billion. Those 25 (not including bitcoin, that is why not 26) are showing the potential that they have done in the market. We can expect that sooner, once that bitcoin cannot hold the highest price, it will be dethroned by others. The price also goes down to $8,000 but predictors and believers are always saying that it will go skyrocket soon.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:24:24 AM

I think bitcoin cash is a joke.   Just like the bottom of the pirate bay's welcome page:

BTC: 3HcEB6bi4TFPdvk31Pwz77DwAzfAZz2fMn
BTC (Bech32): bc1q9x30z7rz52c97jwc2j79w76y7l3ny54nlvd4ew
LTC: LS78aoGtfuGCZ777x3Hmr6tcoW3WaYynx9
XMR: 46E5ekYrZd5UCcmNuYEX24FRjWVMgZ1ob79cRViyfvLFZjfyMhPDvbuCe54FqLQvVCgRKP4UUMMW5fy 3ZhVQhD1JLLufBtu
BCH: Bcash. LOL

sent from my X6
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:28:11 AM

Maybe in far future, now all market follow by bitcoin.
I think signal will be, stop forking bitcoin network

Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:29:20 AM

Ethereum is showing a lot of promise. Unless Bitcoin does something about the transaction time and fees it might lose No1 place, the lightning network would be a nice upgrade.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:39:14 AM

in case you missed it all the altcoins drop hard when bitcoin has some drop like this! and as long as they are like this, so dependent on bitcoin's status I can not see anybody taking them seriously.

Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash, could lure investors away.

centralized coins can not even start to compete with bitcoin. not to mention ETH is not even a "coin".
these are better as short term investments when they are getting pumped.

Only Bitcoin
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:42:44 AM

What makes you say that? Please don't share your opinion on why... Roll Eyes Eth and BCH could certainly multiple in value considerably over the years but I think they'll always stay behind bitcoin. I think there's always the chance of something better coming along and dethroning bitcoin but it would have to have some features far superior to bitcoin to do that.
Sowik

Activity: 532
Merit: 327

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:57:04 AM

With Lighting Network coming I don't think so, Bitcoin is here to stay.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: