Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:35:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit system working? Really!  (Read 675 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 10:48:01 AM

I gave you one of my sMerit because I though your reply was concise and relevant. I nearly didn't because I thought some members will say that I only did it because of your comments about me. I guess some of the comments by the charity workers here are starting to get to me. Smiley

Thank you very much. You have no idea how much motivation you just sent me. Honestly speaking A part of me is saying this is injustice. I am giving so much time to this community and in return they are evaluating me as a low ranked member. Just because I do not have merits (decision of individual most of the time they do not care) I can not see myself as a higher ranked member.
Let me ask you what are you here for anyway?
I'll answer that: Signature campaigns. Bounties. Shitposting. That's why the merit system isn't working for him/her. Smiley

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:01:31 AM

The merrit system can work out to give a general idea how much people find a post merrit worthy.

I see alot of complains about people who are blaming others for giving merrit to posts that doesnt deserve it in there opinion. 
The posts i find usefull or informative is for someone else maybe bullshit but yeah thats what it is.

Where the oldies in this forum are not easily impressed by any post the newer members are and if they can they will giving out merrit much easier.
The same for this example,  your a die hard miner that is a newbie inn the collectibles section.

Maybe it would have a better start if only the staff started as merrit source and the staff members from a section would pick merrit sources.

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:05:52 AM

Let me ask you what are you here for anyway? If you are only here to read, post and contribute to the community do not mind the new merit system since you will rank up eventually when your merits have accumulated. Don't think of it as injustice, to motivate yourself, just think of it as a challenge because by the time you get into higher ranks, you can call yourself worthy to be in that rank since by that time you have contributed a lot of useful post to the community.

Honestly I am not only hear for reading, posting and contributing I also want to take some benefit for my personal gain from this community. I want to have the benefit not forgetting my  roles to the community as well.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
krishnaverma

Activity: 1302
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:08:07 AM

These are some of the reasons making me very frustrated about this merit system...
# I am a low ranked members when I find any post worth reading I feel to give some credit to that person. Now since I do not have any sMerits to give so I can not encourage that person even-though I want to.

You got 8 merit points as shown in profile. You should have got 4 sMerits for that. You will keep getting more as your quality posts are appreciated.

# I do post a lot coz I believe contributing to any community build up the community strong. But look at my account I don't have much appreciation from the  higher ranked people who has a lot of merits to help me. I am not blaming them not to give me. May be they are not seeing my post. Do you think most of them have all the day to look for good post to merit other?

Some of your quality posts may remain unnoticed. But, if you are a deserving person, you will get noticed sooner or later. There are some members giving away merit points for quality points. Quote your posts there for more exposure.
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:10:34 AM

Let me ask you what are you here for anyway?
I'll answer that: Signature campaigns. Bounties. Shitposting. That's why the merit system isn't working for him/her. Smiley

Your answer is here
Honestly I am not only hear for reading, posting and contributing I also want to take some benefit for my personal gain from this community. I want to have the benefit not forgetting my  roles to the community as well.

Do you think you are 100% correct on finding my reason?

It's him by the way.

mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:14:24 AM

Always support the strong , give merit to the legendary , hero member. You have to impress them. I think weak account will suffer like this.

I don't know how many years will need to get one merit. May be you are better to get those 6. But I have seen many account getting merit for nothing (strong account)

Like it quoted "yes absolutely right " - get merited for this line. I have written 600 word article but none have given me that one merit.

I am just fade up of the system. I know you will give suggestion to write good article. And I will say thank you, I will try.

Just sent you a merit on your way. It will be hard and you have to fight for your right. And so m i doing. The reason I gave you this merit not only for this post but also all these contribution you did to this community. you have over 100 comments made and I see that's a hard work.

mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:16:35 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 11:33:54 AM by mdayonliner

You got 8 merit points as shown in profile. You should have got 4 sMerits for that. You will keep getting more as your quality posts are appreciated.

When I have available sMerits I do giveaway them to someone who deserve it. Today I received two merits which allowed me to send an sMerit and before I saw your post I already sent it to someone who I think deserve it. https://prnt.sc/i9iwh9

mahimonliner

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 11:50:44 AM

I go through your post's and my personal think is you deserves more than you got. so hope this merit system will be modified and its just a beginning of something new and hope the authority will modify it for a good use.

mahimonliner

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 11:53:26 AM

When I have available sMerits I do giveaway them to someone who deserve it. Today I received two merits which allowed me to send an sMerit and before I saw your post I already sent it to someone who I think deserve it. https://prnt.sc/i9iwh9
always appreciate with Smerit who deserve it,and before giving Smerit to anyone look arround for anything better than this. Because you have a little supply for appreciation.  Wink

Dydot

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:59:21 AM

We should not forget the main reason we are in this forum - Learn and assist others. The merit thing seems to make us forget the fact that we are here to develop ourselves personally and help others in our little way. Merit or no merit, do your best for the community.

Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:04:30 PM

I'm finding it really hard to explain. This merit system seems like not working for me. I bet for all these new members as well.

These are some of the reasons making me very frustrated about this merit system...
# I am a low ranked members when I find any post worth reading I feel to give some credit to that person. Now since I do not have any sMerits to give so I can not encourage that person even-though I want to.

# I do post a lot coz I believe contributing to any community build up the community strong. But look at my account I don't have much appreciation from the  higher ranked people who has a lot of merits to help me. I am not blaming them not to give me. May be they are not seeing my post. Do you think most of them have all the day to look for good post to merit other?

# I noticed when a high ranked member post anything then he get merits from other the psychology behind this (I guess) ... if I give merit to someone who had a lot of sMerit then he may give me some merit.

There are more but at the moment the above came in my mind.

Explain me why this post got so many sMerits https://prnt.sc/i9i0tu  where my post got this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2858083.0 (this when I am posting https://prnt.sc/i9i19c )

Go through my posts and comments on my profile then you might see my contribution to this community.

I can bring you bunches of example to prove my statements. Ask me if you want to.

PS: Guess what there will be a lot of low ranked members who will really like this post but they can not give me any merit for this post since day do not have any. Consider this as a proof of my first statement  Undecided

You're right about the higher ranks getting more merit. Though we post even more efficient post, we don't get enough of that merit, as if our posts are useless or senseless. I liked the idea of merit at first because the spammers and shit posters will lessen but somehow, it doesn't work for me anymore. But whatever the site wants then we should comply.
Kean1998

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 12:09:19 PM

I agree with you its not easy to get smerits all you need to do is effort before you can get it . just like me I'm hoping someday that I can get it 😇😇😇

▬██▬▬▬  HORIZON  ▬▬▬██▬
FIRST TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANY IN THE WORLD EMPOWERED BY THE ETHEREUM BLOCKCHAIN
▬  HORIZONCOMM.CO  ▬
mightwalker

Activity: 266
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 12:09:30 PM

I'm new here . Can someone show me the merit system earlier look like ? And for now , which element do I need when writing post/comment to get merits ? English is not my native language , so it's a little bit harder to write a quality post/comment .

imusify.com ❰        Award winning blockchain music platform        ❱ imusify.com
iconicavs

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Business Driven CryptoCurrency based on Assest

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:09:30 PM

I'm finding it really hard to explain. This merit system seems like not working for me. I bet for all these new members as well.

# I noticed when a high ranked member post anything then he get merits from other the psychology behind this (I guess) ... if I give merit to someone who had a lot of sMerit then he may give me some merit.

There are more but at the moment the above came in my mind.

Explain me why this post got so many sMerits https://prnt.sc/i9i0tu  where my post got this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2858083.0 (this when I am posting https://prnt.sc/i9i19c )

Go through my posts and comments on my profile then you might see my contribution to this community.

I can bring you bunches of example to prove my statements. Ask me if you want to.

PS: Guess what there will be a lot of low ranked members who will really like this post but they can not give me any merit for this post since day do not have any. Consider this as a proof of my first statement  Undecided

Exactly the higher only gets enough amount of merits. How about our efficient posts right? Anyhow, we can't complain. That's how it works.

BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:19:11 PM

We should not forget the main reason we are in this forum - Learn and assist others. The merit thing seems to make us forget the fact that we are here to develop ourselves personally and help others in our little way. Merit or no merit, do your best for the community.
Yes the original goal is a thing to be respected. Without appreciation then we must keep contributing. But I think when there is an appreciation then we can be motivated to make a much better contribution. We all know that everyone has the qualities to get the best. Merit is growing and now everything is starting to go to a much better thing. We all have to race to give the best and we are part of technological advancements in Bitcoin world.
sitnikov

Activity: 98
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:28:38 PM

I agree with you its not easy to get smerits all you need to do is effort before you can get it . just like me I'm hoping someday that I can get it 😇😇😇

It is good to think positive but you have to take action accordingly as well. Only hoping will not get you merit points.

⚫  ContractNet.com  ⚫
At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS
████████████ [ JOIN ICO ● 10th MARCH ] ████████████
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:29:11 PM

I'm new here . Can someone show me the merit system earlier look like ? And for now , which element do I need when writing post/comment to get merits ? English is not my native language , so it's a little bit harder to write a quality post/comment .

Earlier there were no merit system. To get idea about Merit please go through this post. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0

Anditya

Activity: 770
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:31:53 PM

with the existence of this merit system everyone will be competing to make post useful and useful for others, not only copy paste belonging to others all good posts will be given a merit gift.
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:38:07 PM

Learn and assist others. The merit thing seems to make us forget the fact that we are here to develop ourselves personally and help others in our little way. Merit or no merit, do your best for the community.

I am not forgetting this fact of developing personally and helping others, learning and assisting. I know what should be my role and I am doing my best. If you go through my profile and posts then it should be clear. Do you think I am posting shitpost?

For me this forum is to hangout with the community and yes of-course get some personal benefits as well. A better rank give me better benefit. Don't you think having a better rank is helping you to do some bounty work (like this https://prnt.sc/i9kt0z ) here or whatever you expect to get benefit from?  

People still need more time to get used to with this merit system and also people who are higher ranked they need some responsibilities for the new members.

cryptorampage

Activity: 56
Merit: 30

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:06:32 PM

Anyway I have got the solution. We don't have to worry about the merit system. Just have to keep posting quality content. May be we will catch the sight one day. It is for sure. May be you could get merit for other posting you are not expecting. Hopefully our senior will be more generous and kind to give merit point. Keep posting. We love this forum. We can't live without it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: