Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:48:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal Giant B cannot be accessed to web UI  (Read 1081 times)
pennys2pounds

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:23:51 PM

Hi Guys,

Having a problem with a Giant B here

I can access every single page on the web interface other than 'miner' where I obviously need to access to point it to my pool.

Any way to fix this? I was told this was a new machine but its quite obviously used, so could someone have locked this page?

Really appreciate any help and will offer a BTC reward to anyone who can solve this.

Thanks

Please try reinstalling the firmware, should work!

I will give this a try, thanks

Would you happen to know of any download links?

Chinese new year so wont have any luck with them and its not on their site *sigh*

Could it be the same as the X10? They look identical so maybe the same Orange Pi?

welcome!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pennys2pounds

Activity: 77

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:32:47 PM

mrkotaro... I think I resolved the issue we've been having with our Baikals.

It may be a little early to tell, but my A2000 has been up for 14 hours now.

There's a couple of things I did, and I'm not sure if one or both of them contributed... but here' what I did:

1. Rebooted the Baikal so that I can gain access again
2. SSH into the Baikal (username: baikal   password: baikal)
3. edited the /etc/hostname file (sudo nano /etc/hostname ) to give the unit a new name.  I have an A900 with the same default hostname (Baikal) so I wanted to make sure there wasn't some strange conflict
4. edited the /etc/hosts file (sudo nano /etc/hosts ) to have the DNS name match the new hostname from step 3
5. edited the /etc/network/interfaces file (sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces) and added a couple of lines.  I got this idea from an Orange Pi forum, where someone was having similar issues, and it was suggested that maybe there was a power saving issue or the "allow-hotplug eth0" feature was enabled.  They suggested replacing the "allow hotplug eth0" with just "auto eth0".  When I looked at this file, nothing was listed for eth0 which suggests that the ubuntu OS is probably using Network Manager, but I couldn't find any evidence of this either.  So I just added these two lines:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

6. Rebooted the Baikal again...
7. While I was waitiing to see if it would go offline again, I grabbed a spare cheapo network switch I had laying around (Trendnet Green Power 8 port 1Gbe) and chained it as the downstream switch off of the switch I had the Baikal running on and plugged the Baikal into this switch alone.  So for the Baikal, my network is like this:  internet <-> IPFire router VM <-> TPLink 10Gbe core switch <-> TPLink 8 port 1Gbe switch <-> Trendnet Green Power 8 port 1Gbe switch <->  Baikal A2000

After 14+ hours... seems to be up and running! 

https://i.imgur.com/iWnbZst.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/o7yv5ct.jpg

I am having this same problem. So once logged on to terminal i just type
sudo nano /etc/hostname

then

sudo nano /etc/hosts

then

sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces

then

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static

just like that? is there anything else I need to type? Sorry, complete noob to Baikals
steliozz

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 01:58:28 PM

i know the solution which worked for me  Smiley

but seems you are not willing to share it with the community ....  Undecided
I do share if someone ask Smiley
so here you go

Order a replacement orangepi and fix it, it will be resolved!

Cool thats how i resolved it!

Did you order by skype or how did you do that? Thanks for the help!
bitcoinexplorer

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:45:34 PM

i know the solution which worked for me  Smiley

but seems you are not willing to share it with the community ....  Undecided
I do share if someone ask Smiley
so here you go

Order a replacement orangepi and fix it, it will be resolved!

Cool thats how i resolved it!

Did you order by skype or how did you do that? Thanks for the help!

You can contact baikal official support email
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 05:52:03 AM

I am having this same problem. So once logged on to terminal i just type
sudo nano /etc/hostname

then

sudo nano /etc/hosts

then

then

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static

just like that? is there anything else I need to type? Sorry, complete noob to Baikals

Just try adding the eth0 parts to the interfaces file.

Do you really have a static IP?  It's better to leave the Baikals on DHCP and reserve the IP address on your router so that the Baikal gets the same IP every bootup.  This essentially makes it static.

So... just add the

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

The other files I modified like Hosts and hostname may not be needed.  I did it on mine for completeness and because I have multiple baikals.
boxalex

Merit: 13

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:33:41 AM

Ok, here i'am again.

I described my problem on the first page of this topic allready.

What happened meanwhile with my Giant X10.

Bought a new orange pi, mounted it with a new fleash including

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static

and the Baikal worked perfectly for some days now and a sudden back to the old problem.

Means. I can not login into the web interface anymore.
After one restart the baikal worked at least on my pools. Now after another shutdown the Baikal
made i even have no more access to it.

Strange thing is that after mounting the new orange pi he got the ip .117 assigned, while he former
was on .112. I thought now big deal, important he works, but after the shut down he is back to .112
now and as said allready, i again can not login anymore.

What could cause that behaviour? Only this Baikal is making problems, others work all perfectly.

The Routher has a static IP, after that there is a 24 port Cisco 2950 switch where the Ants and Baikals are connected.
I really have no more idea what to try. Strange thing is that with the new orange pi it worked perfectly for some days
and now back to old problem?!?!  Huh

Any advice or help what to try??
Crypto2Alt
Copper Member

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:41:12 AM

Ok, here i'am again.

I described my problem on the first page of this topic allready.

What happened meanwhile with my Giant X10.

Bought a new orange pi, mounted it with a new fleash including

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static

and the Baikal worked perfectly for some days now and a sudden back to the old problem.

Means. I can not login into the web interface anymore.
After one restart the baikal worked at least on my pools. Now after another shutdown the Baikal
made i even have no more access to it.

Strange thing is that after mounting the new orange pi he got the ip .117 assigned, while he former
was on .112. I thought now big deal, important he works, but after the shut down he is back to .112
now and as said allready, i again can not login anymore.

What could cause that behaviour? Only this Baikal is making problems, others work all perfectly.

The Routher has a static IP, after that there is a 24 port Cisco 2950 switch where the Ants and Baikals are connected.
I really have no more idea what to try. Strange thing is that with the new orange pi it worked perfectly for some days
and now back to old problem?!?!  Huh

Any advice or help what to try??

Login to Baikal Terminal from Web Interface and then try to assign your static address. But first make sure there are no other devices already using .117. For example:

Baikal Login: baikal
Password: baikal      
ifconfig      
sudo ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.117 netmask 255.255.255.0      
ifconfig      
reboot   

Then reserve .117 for your Baikal via your Router Admin interface.

boxalex

Merit: 13

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:17:04 PM

@Crypto2Alt

thx for the hints. I logged into it by ssh and i'am pretty sure now that its indeed connected to the /etc/network file .

When i tried to edit the /etc/network i got the following in SSH
"Error reading lock file /etc/network.interfaces.swp:Not enough data read"

I was afraid of changing anything at this moment as i have only basic ssh skills and did not want to mess anything totally up. You know, at least the baikal works
right now until the next failure.

But, i'am pretty sure now that these failures are indeed related to this /etc/network thingie.
Why?
- New orange pi got the same mistake, but after restarting the baikal, cleaning all cashes and cookies and a reset it went back to work while i allready was sure
that the next orange pi is vaulty now. This is not the case, the orange pi is in full working order.
- Earlier today in the morning, the internet stopped for some seconds and you guess it, exactly this Baikal stopped working again. Pretty sure it is due this
missing or vaulty /ect/network data file. Just by the way, this internet disruption brought my L3's as well out of working order and 1 of them did not restart too.
While the S9's, the other Baikals and the D3's had not problem with the internet disruptin. Just in case it is of interest for someone.

This said, i'am pretty sure now that the problem is indeed like here discussed the /etc/network/ file(s).

My question now is:
- how do i handle this /etc/network/ data read file (explained about what error i get)
- how can i replace this file for example from another working Baikal? SSH? How?
- Can i write the suggested changes and save it to a file like suggested even with the error i got while opening the file? If yes, as what do i have to save it?
- Any other advices and tips?

Forgot to write. The Baikal is working perfectly right now for at least 12 hours again and the web login is working as well, but i'am pretty sure that at the next short internet interuption it will fail again.
Crypto2Alt
Copper Member

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:38:40 PM

@Crypto2Alt

thx for the hints. I logged into it by ssh and i'am pretty sure now that its indeed connected to the /etc/network file .

When i tried to edit the /etc/network i got the following in SSH
"Error reading lock file /etc/network.interfaces.swp:Not enough data read"

I was afraid of changing anything at this moment as i have only basic ssh skills and did not want to mess anything totally up. You know, at least the baikal works
right now until the next failure.

But, i'am pretty sure now that these failures are indeed related to this /etc/network thingie.
Why?
- New orange pi got the same mistake, but after restarting the baikal, cleaning all cashes and cookies and a reset it went back to work while i allready was sure
that the next orange pi is vaulty now. This is not the case, the orange pi is in full working order.
- Earlier today in the morning, the internet stopped for some seconds and you guess it, exactly this Baikal stopped working again. Pretty sure it is due this
missing or vaulty /ect/network data file. Just by the way, this internet disruption brought my L3's as well out of working order and 1 of them did not restart too.
While the S9's, the other Baikals and the D3's had not problem with the internet disruptin. Just in case it is of interest for someone.

This said, i'am pretty sure now that the problem is indeed like here discussed the /etc/network/ file(s).

My question now is:
- how do i handle this /etc/network/ data read file (explained about what error i get)
- how can i replace this file for example from another working Baikal? SSH? How?
- Can i write the suggested changes and save it to a file like suggested even with the error i got while opening the file? If yes, as what do i have to save it?
- Any other advices and tips?

Forgot to write. The Baikal is working perfectly right now for at least 12 hours again and the web login is working as well, but i'am pretty sure that at the next short internet interuption it will fail again.
I agree with what @puwaha stated -  it's better to leave the Baikals on DHCP and reserve the IP address on your router so that the Baikal gets the same IP every bootup.
Looks like you tried to edit directory (/etc/network) instead of the file (/etc/network/interfaces), hence the error. If you are  not familiar with Linux, better copy and paste commands others have mentioned earlier.
If you are trying to restore a corrupted network/interfaces file, you could ssh into your Giant B. But first check what's in the file:

baikal@Baikal:~$ cat /etc/network/interfaces

If you think it's corrupted, you can edit it using nano/vi  and copy/paste content from another Giant B ssh session.

godsan1999

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 12:06:15 PM

I have the same problem, would love to try the fix, yet when i try to open
it blocks me
any ideas?

it
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 06:14:38 PM

I have the same problem, would love to try the fix, yet when i try to open
it blocks me
any ideas?

it

Did you SSH into your Miner using the username/password of baikal?
shaninium

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:34:59 PM

I have same issue, just power off and on again, works fine, for awhile.. always mines, thats what matters.

cryptominerthai

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:08:39 PM

Hi. Can some one please help. I have been using my Baikal  X10 for 4 month, some how the web turn White and the Baikal  X10 are not mining. SO i Flash the SSD using Img from the web. after replug i can no longer find my Baikal  X10 on network ant more. i did restart my router many time.  at the Back of the Baikal  X10 seems to be working ( blue LED is ON)

Pon
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:13:03 PM

Hi. Can some one please help. I have been using my Baikal  X10 for 4 month, some how the web turn White and the Baikal  X10 are not mining. SO i Flash the SSD using Img from the web. after replug i can no longer find my Baikal  X10 on network ant more. i did restart my router many time.  at the Back of the Baikal  X10 seems to be working ( blue LED is ON)

Pon

So I decided to update my Giant X10 to get the new algos added. The miner was working perfect, except missing the additional 2 new algos. When I fired it back up, both ethernet lights stay solid yellow and green, and there is one blue light flashing on one blade, and one green flashing on another. I am unable to find an ip address for it. I used PI Zero GX10 V1.2. I have powered it on and off several times, and checked all the pins to the pi controller are seated perfectly. When I used windisk imager , it said successful. Any ideas? Please help, this really sucks Sad

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 05:00:56 PM

Pon

So I decided to update my Giant X10 to get the new algos added. The miner was working perfect, except missing the additional 2 new algos. When I fired it back up, both ethernet lights stay solid yellow and green, and there is one blue light flashing on one blade, and one green flashing on another. I am unable to find an ip address for it. I used PI Zero GX10 V1.2. I have powered it on and off several times, and checked all the pins to the pi controller are seated perfectly. When I used windisk imager , it said successful. Any ideas? Please help, this really sucks Sad

Vegas

Those image files are so huge, you might try downloading it again in case it was corrupted. I downloaded it from googledrive myself but I have never tried to use it.  You could also try downloading it from the baidu link in case the googledrive image itself is what's messed up.  And if it all still won't work you can always try the v1.1 image and see if you can at least get it back up and running on the old algos.
aswithin

Activity: 23
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 07:10:12 PM

Had similar issue with a Baikal G28 - it was a firewall issue (AIProtection on an Asus router, specifically) - but the way the miner/sgminer behave, it makes you think it's a hardware issue "No devices found" - when in actuality it's a networking issue between the stratum host / pool and the miner.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: