Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:15:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Compression Concept Worth Big Money - I Did It!  (Read 13878 times)
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 04:47:59 AM

Sounds like you and OP would get along just dandy Wink
I don't think what OP wants is possible. So while he has ideas, I'm not sure I can get along with him. He'd be rattling off too much and I'd just be annoyed.

lets all teleport back with our Asic and start mining btc too.

There's no mention about time travel here. But I'd take a USB miner with me. Small. Concealable. 2.5 GH/s in 2009? ROI overnight I think.

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 01:55:32 PM

..what happened to OP? Did he give up on his billion-dollar idea?
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 09:12:27 AM

He should give it away for free... You know, like Volvo gave away the 3 point seat belt to all car manufacturers instead of patenting it.

DeathProxy

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 11:23:28 AM

What happen to op? Did he finished this project? I doubt if this really possible.

masyveonk

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 11:26:05 AM

OP realized his idea is not possible, thats why the silence  Wink

Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 08:04:06 PM

I obviously didn't take the OP seriously. That said, some advanced theories behind LOSSY compression are interesting. For example, AAC-HE, fractal compression in JPEG2000 or procedural generation of textures in games (remember the 96kb 3d game?).

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 09:12:19 PM

I don't think what OP wants is possible. So while he has ideas, I'm not sure I can get along with him. He'd be rattling off too much and I'd just be annoyed.

There's no mention about time travel here. But I'd take a USB miner with me. Small. Concealable. 2.5 GH/s in 2009? ROI overnight I think.

Bringing a 2.5 GH/s miner to 2009? First, you should bring a recent cgminer too. Secondly, you would just kill the network.

t3xasdolly

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:37:20 PM

Bringing a 2.5 GH/s miner to 2009? First, you should bring a recent cgminer too. Secondly, you would just kill the network.

You right, all you need is bring cgminer and buy a GPU Smiley
And sell at 250+ USD/BTC
And profit  Shocked
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 02:19:35 PM

Software and hardware, goes without saying. And I wouldn't kill it. I'd do just a block or two, then stop, or wait 6 hours. Or throttle it. I'll get a block a day or something.

Knowing the future of 2013, I don't need to get greedy. Hell, if my miner gets busted after a block, it already ROI'd.

b!z
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 02:20:54 PM

Software and hardware, goes without saying. And I wouldn't kill it. I'd do just a block or two, then stop, or wait 6 hours. Or throttle it. I'll get a block a day or something.

Knowing the future of 2013, I don't need to get greedy. Hell, if my miner gets busted after a block, it already ROI'd.

That's a great idea Dabs. Now let's get the OP to create a new groundbreaking technology for time travel.
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 03:42:29 PM

If it's really time travel, bringing any information back is going to make you rich. Winning numbers, stock performance, buying into Asicminer, ... Trying to eat the same taco... Oh wait, wrong game. That's Plants versus Zombies 2.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 05:49:39 PM

You don't nee,d a GPU or cgminer.  Using the default miner built into the Satoshi client a high end CPU could mine 10-20 blocks per day.  For the first 6 months the average hashrate was <10 PCs and the next six months weren't much more.

If you had a computer, any computer you probably would get 5% to 10% of the blocks for the year.
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 12:38:51 PM

Yeah... These alt coins look interesting. If only they survive long enough.

b!z
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 12:51:45 PM

Yeah... These alt coins look interesting. If only they survive long enough.

Premining. Roll Eyes
vastbitcoins

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

Vast

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 02:04:05 PM

If it's really time travel, bringing any information back is going to make you rich. Winning numbers, stock performance, buying into Asicminer, ... Trying to eat the same taco... Oh wait, wrong game. That's Plants versus Zombies 2.

Would you be trying to eat the same taco, or would you need to? For the greater good of the universe
B(asic)Miner (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:47:47 AM

..what happened to OP? Did he give up on his billion-dollar idea?

No, I am still here.  A while ago this whole board got crashed when some kind of a hack happened and I was devastated that my whole thread was lost.  I couldn't find my thread at all, whole whole site was down.  Recently, while talking to some others about this wonderful but lost thread where I got schooled by all of you for trying to imagine something awesome, I did an internet search and by coincidence this very thread showed up in the search results!  I couldn't believe it when I opened the thread and found this website back and my thread back.  Now I'm copying out all of this text and saving it for future reference (well, except for the many many flames I got, who needs to remember that!?)  Your explanations were quite invaluable to me in understanding.

However, some of you are just too ardent in believing that this is impossible and cannot be done, and I still believe that encoding can, if done correctly, result in a significantly smaller filesize than the original file.  And I've devised a method of showing it might work.   Essentially, it works like this:

Layer 0:
Input Any File and Convert whatever language into binary.  Now grab the binary data in chunks of 4.

Layers 1 & 2:
http://imageshack.com/a/img46/6823/b4g0.jpg
Convert Using the Table Above.  Initially, yes, this does double the size of the file (since we'll be taking ONE 8-bit character and turning it into TWO 8-bit characters), but it must be done to begin the process of formatting into a recognizable structure.  Each layer has its own engine and rules that must be followed.

All Binary is converted into Ascii characters (inside a text document), letters small-a "a" to Large H - "H"  aAbBcCdDeEfFgGhH for layer 1.  Now ALL of the Binary data is converted into letters a to H (small and Large) characters.  And that is saved into a text file.

Now in Layer 2 (which is actually a group of sub-layers needed to convert all the Layer 1 "text" data) out of Layer 1 form into Layer 2 Form, so all the data is in an entirely new form, small i "i" to Large Z going  iIjJkK .. to .. zZ.  Its too hard to explain it all right here, so I'll move on for now, but this process is rather complex and lengthy, but must be done before going on to Layer 3.

Layer 3:  Another Grouping of Layers dedicated to changing all the i-Z data from Layer 2 into the numbers and symbols used in Ascii.
http://imageshack.com/a/img189/6539/9j3f.jpg
This complex system slowly painstakingly changes all Layer 2 data into Layer 3 data, where now all the data is now symbols and numbers.

Now at this point, you have 3-point system for changing all the data interchangeably back and forth, but what does that do?  How can that encode (and shrink data)?

Here is how:  Imagine a Crossword Puzzle 20 spaces long, where the previous data sets were sorted into the cells,  so that every 21st index forward (drops down and back to the extreme left cell) and is now under the space above it.  So every 21st space, you have a new row.  Now, the software looks for patterns according to the Layer Tables I've drawn out above.  They are not complete tables, as I've said the tables are multi-layered to account for all of the variables in the data sets.  Let's say you had this:

1      2      3      4      5       6      7      8       9     10    11    12     13    14    15    16    17    18   19   20
E   g   A   D   f   D   B   g   H   a   c    A   C   d   c      F     d      E     H    A
D   B   b    C   F   g   d   C   d   a   F   a   a   C   F      c     c      B     c     h
f   b   a   D   A   H   g   h   h   C   b   H   d   c      C      d     G     F      f     E     

3 Rows of 20 Columns.  Look at Row 1 and Column 10, and then look below it at Row 2 Column 20.  Both are "small a"s.  They can be encoded by exchanging Row 1 Column 10 with a reference from Table 2 above.  See the Table 2, where it says "aa" and below it there is a "i" ?   So then this happens:

1      2      3      4      5       6      7      8       9     10    11    12     13    14    15    16    17    18   19   20
E   g   A   D   f   D   B   g   H    i   c    A   C   d      c      F     d      E     H    A
B   b    C   F   g   d   C   d   F   F   a   a   C   F      c      c      B     c     h     f
b   a   D   A   H   g   h   h   C   b   H   d   c      C      d     G      F      f     E

The 2nd row "a" below the new "i" above it is deleted, and the entire sequence proceeding it is shifted left one space through the entire table.
When all of the data that can be encoded is removed, you begin to see the compression (or encoding whatever you would call it).

The whole thing is based on the Ascii Character Table, which could be used to reference itself.    When the program is going in reverse mode (extracting out the data) it comes to the "i" in Row 1 Column 10 and sees the "i" as "aa" (one "a" in the space where the "i" is and one "a" in Row 2 Column 20, directly under it.  First it shifts the whole table forward by one to make a space for the "a" to be added back in there."

This is a really tiny explanation, but it should be enough for the majority of you to see if this logic is feasible.  If you are changing two pieces of data into one based on how it spatially aligns in a crossword puzzle, then you can how using spatial alignments is how you can throw out one piece of data and yet still be able to recover it.

It's like having a bunch of people, with random normal names, stand in a line.  And then you say if there are two "Jim's" standing in the crowd, we can take them both out and replace them with a "Jimovious" a name no one else will have in that group.  Now we have shrunken the number of bodies in the crowd by 1.  But if asked to reassemble the original crowd, we just say throw Jimovious out and replace with 2 Jim's.  The engine knows where to put them in the crossword puzzle, because it would not have encoded them in the first place unless they had aligned directly above and atop each other.  So the engine knows to read two lines at a time, comparing  IF Row1Caret=Row2Caret then DO REPLACER().    Something like that.  Do you get the idea? 

Please friends ...  let me know your thoughts.

murraypaul

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:10:29 AM

However, some of you are just too ardent in believing that this is impossible and cannot be done, and I still believe that encoding can, if done correctly, result in a significantly smaller filesize than the original file.  And I've devised a method of showing it might work.

Oh dear.
You clearly haven't understood the basic point, which is that if you have X total number of input files, each of Y bytes size, then the total size of all of the encoded files must be at least X*Y.
If it is not, then you have lost some data, and two of the encoded files will map back to the same input file.
It doesn't matter what process you come up with or how clever it is, the basic fact is that for a compression system to be lossless, information cannot be lost.

It's like having a bunch of people, with random normal names, stand in a line.  And then you say if there are two "Jim's" standing in the crowd, we can take them both out and replace them with a "Jimovious" a name no one else will have in that group.  Now we have shrunken the number of bodies in the crowd by 1.  But if asked to reassemble the original crowd, we just say throw Jimovious out and replace with 2 Jim's.

And you have inadvertently undermined your own point.
"Jimovious" takes more space than "Jim" twice.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
B(asic)Miner (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:15:13 AM

Sorry, but the data in my post got shifted and garbled ... so I made another image.  Sorry the others were so big ... this one is a bit smaller.  Now you can see what I was trying to say in the Row-Column part in the above post ...  here it is:

http://imageshack.com/a/img30/3839/tzya.jpg
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:16:30 AM

OP just let it go mate, move on.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 11:24:42 AM

Hello Everyone,

The Achievement:
I have made an amazing discovery and spent a year trying to talk everyone I know into helping me with my solution for compressing 99.8% of all data out of a file, leaving only a basic crypto key containing the thread of how to re-create the entire file from scratch.
-snip-

Patent / Open Source or it didnt happen.

What you describe sounds like a very primitive compression method with a bit of "the engine just knows" magic.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: