Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:42:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Ethereum will over take bitcoin?  (Read 1380 times)
Gerandoong

Activity: 165
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:50:32 PM

I think it could happen if the conditions as currently bitcoin getting down and the price returned to the price. but all of that takes the process including the ethereum also may be getting stronger too.
Fnrecana

Activity: 262
Merit: 3

M E D I C H A I N ¦ The Medical Big Data Platform

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 01:10:25 PM

No one can say i think. But for now it cannot take over bitcoin because for now bitcoin is the most superior altcoin in this time. But what good to ethereum is that it is the primary altcoin that most ICO were looking for their investment. Thats why i think that it will be a good competitor to bitcoin.

M E D I C H A I N ¦ The Medical Big - Data Platform ¦ M E D I C H A I N (https://medichain.online/)
 SAVING LIVES WITH BLOCKCHAIN
thedarksun

Activity: 639
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:22:55 PM

I think that it will, it seems like it gets close here and there but more frequent. What do you think the result of a flip would be even if it lasted an hour? How would that affect the prices of BTC/ETH? What would be some outcomes of a flip?

Bitcoin is the most popular coin in cryptocurrency because it is the longest with us. Has more supports so ethereum can not over him. I think bitcoin will be always number one
Mopulencia

Activity: 144

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:10:18 PM

Maybe not cause bitcoins price is too high for eth to reach even thought eth price is raising but still its not enaugh for gaining the price of btc and eth price is not that consistent it depends on the months on otherhand it only gets the highest price on the month of nov to jan. But theres always a possibility and also  i did not said that it wont happen.so its a maybe yes maybe no  Grin
cryptoblue

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:24:53 PM

At present, I don't think that Ethereum would overtake bitcoin in near future. But it has a very high prospect in 2018 and I believe it would be around 4k at the end of this year.

│ │   │      │      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━     IDA DIGITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT PTY, LTD     ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━      │      │   │ │
─────────      Digitize Real Assets On The Ida Platform, Join A Thriving Business Ecosystem      ─────────
││     WhitePaper     ││  │   Telegram   │   Twitter   │   Facebook   │   YouTube   │  │││     PRIVATE SALE is L I V E !     │││
Ayamj

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:52:36 PM

even if it will, it wont be this year
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 09:05:54 PM

i am an eth user and i like the concept given . and also seen today many new start up company that have coin based on er20 token eth.
 so I guess that's very possible.  be honest eth right know more useful and productive in my personal opinion.
whaawh

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:48:41 PM

i am an eth user and i like the concept given . and also seen today many new start up company that have coin based on er20 token eth.
 so I guess that's very possible.  be honest eth right know more useful and productive in my personal opinion.
The universality of this protocol is also very suitable for me. At least I do not need dozens of wallets to register to contain all my coins. mew is a fairly progressive project and I will always support it.
Bitcoin Guy

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:56:43 PM

It is possible and, if it does happen, it will probably not happen in the next couple years.
Cardano may have the potential to take over Ethereum's spot.
Cardano is a silly joke - not going to take over anything. 

I thought Cardano has a very strong team working on it?

- To be or not to be, that is the question. -
krm4700

Activity: 490
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:19:45 PM

eth always tries to keep itself in a stable place, sometimes there is an uneven price fluctuation so we have to wait and see

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
kristensoto

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:48:30 PM

I think that it will, it seems like it gets close here and there but more frequent. What do you think the result of a flip would be even if it lasted an hour? How would that affect the prices of BTC/ETH? What would be some outcomes of a flip?
bitcoin will hardly be over taken by ETH, I know ETH is very powerful recently but bitcoin has become more popular to investors and traders on cryptocurrency market. So rightnow ETH won't have the chance to defeat bitcoin but in a very long future.

SoulEaterRR

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:44:07 AM

All right, all your assumptions are fictions. Especially when bitcoin went into growth and the ETH has not recovered after the fall. So I do not believe this, that's when bitcoin dies, then we'll talk.
iljamlnk

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:30:16 AM

Not all attention is directed to bitcoin - the etherium is quite capable of pushing the world leader or taking the championship.
ArminH

Activity: 219

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:13:09 AM

Of course it will. Bitcoin is useless from a technical point of view. And don't forget that end of 2017 hype was mainly due to forks.
In the very long run, Bitcoin will die as you can't really apply it. Even with coming Lightning and smart contracts, it cannot compete with others. Bitcoin is only for speculation and I agree that it might see another pump this year, but only due to speculation reasons, not because it's a good project.
In terms of market cap ETH will overcome Bitcoin, probably by the end of 2018
altercreed

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:13:30 PM

Although ETH is a the cryptocurrency next to bitcoin, still it can't overtake bitcoin in any of its attributes because we know how dominant bitcoin is. Maybe it can match bitcoin at any point but sure it can't overtake bitcoin. Besides, they both have different usage.

novaprime

Activity: 812

UniDApp - it's DeFi time!

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:15:07 PM

Of course it will. Bitcoin is useless from a technical point of view. And don't forget that end of 2017 hype was mainly due to forks.
In the very long run, Bitcoin will die as you can't really apply it. Even with coming Lightning and smart contracts, it cannot compete with others. Bitcoin is only for speculation and I agree that it might see another pump this year, but only due to speculation reasons, not because it's a good project.
I think you have misjudged the bitcoin technology. If their technology is really bad then why did investors make a big revolution applying bitcoin? Bitcoins are actually very popular in many countries and are used a lot. That shows the volume of the market in 24 hours.
ETH is a good altcoin but it will never be able to beat bitcoin.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:35:57 PM

I think it could happen if the conditions as currently bitcoin getting down and the price returned to the price. but all of that takes the process including the ethereum also may be getting stronger too.
It is not the first time that bitcoin is falling down, t has been through such dips in the past also and Ethereum was there too but was not able to take place of bitcoin. Same is the scenario now.

Even if Ethereum is at the top of altcoins and thought to be the eternal rival of bitcoin but it is far beneath bitcoin in all aspects. The difference between the potential of both coins is amazing. No crypto coin can overtake bitcoin, not now not ever.
mprepkiah

Activity: 216

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:07:18 PM

it is not possible ethereum will over take bitcoin, we know btc is the king of crypto currency and the investor that is in it is more and more so its value can not be disallowed altcoin
Fedrey

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:18:06 PM

it is not possible ethereum will over take bitcoin, we know btc is the king of crypto currency and the investor that is in it is more and more so its value can not be disallowed altcoin
If to compare for the price then eth really will not surpass Bitcoin. But here the prospect of an etherium is much more, since it is a universal coin And it will be used by all ico companies, unlike Bitcoin. And Bitcoin to date, the price is a bubble.
ArminH

Activity: 219

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:08:48 PM

I think you have misjudged the bitcoin technology. If their technology is really bad then why did investors make a big revolution applying bitcoin? Bitcoins are actually very popular in many countries and are used a lot. That shows the volume of the market in 24 hours.
ETH is a good altcoin but it will never be able to beat bitcoin.
What can you misjudge there? It's well known. GIYF!!!
The only reason for bitcoin's success is 'first come, first serve'. Look at the bitcoin dominance:
https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#dominance-percentage
It's decreasing for a long time, it just peaked end of 2017, because of a huge number of forks where investors hoped to get 'free money'.
Bitcoin dominance will get below 10% in 2019, that's for sure. In a few years bitcoin won't be in the Top 10 market cap coins anymore.
Give me at least 1 argument where btc is better than another coin. You won't find one.
But as I said, in short term profits are still possible. We might see rates of 30,000$ this year. But this will be due to an increase of overall market cap, while dominance will keep decreasing

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: