Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:51:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IF the United States were to put regulations on cryptos, what do you think ?  (Read 175 times)
karamoris (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:47:39 AM

what do you think they would be? Certainly they would not try and do an all out ban right? I mean with banks using Ripple and Bitcoin in Wallstreet futures. Thanks for any feedback.
Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 07:50:26 AM

I don't think there will be an all out ban. If ever, that would be a breaking news and a lot of people will fear and spread FUD.

cryptonianz

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:39:51 PM

I don't think they will ban Cryptocurrencies.

I do however believe that they have some rules and regulations regarding some ICO's in the US.
If you are planning to [participate in them you will have to look them up.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:55:19 PM

Of course no ban

Of course regulations will be enforced hard for tax

that's the only way they will allow mainstream adoption.

new york just approved a large electricity contract for bitcoin mining did they not. I can actually see the USA catching up and taking over china now they are out in terms of being the new crypto leader. To me the US has been a bit of a slouch picking up on crypto compared to JAP and other nations. They need to get going with it faster and harder.

When the winds of change come - some build walls others build windmills.

Strangely that is an old chinese proverb.

MV7

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 01:58:05 PM

An all out ban looks very very unlikely. The government will probably end up taxing it and treat it like an asset. I think the US is pretty much headed in this direction.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 02:00:09 PM

I think people in bitcointalk put way too much emphasis on regulation.
It is common for people to say things like, "Regulation announcements are causing market crashes."
This is so far from the truth it's funny to hear people say that.

Market pumps and dumps are mainly caused by the simple principal of supply and demand.
This has been time tested and proven to be true accross all bubble markets and it's not speculation, it's math.
With a completely free market that is in its infancy like crypto, volatility is extreme.

So if the US were to put regulations on crypto (and it eventually will), I will be small blip of crypto's radar.
If you think that a government can "ban" or control crypto, than you need to research what blockchain technology is all about.
Even if it becomes "illegal" that won't kill crypto off, it will only make it more valuable.
What they can regulate though, are companies that buy and sell such things (like exchanges).

cryptodevs

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:05:24 PM

what do you think they would be? Certainly they would not try and do an all out ban right? I mean with banks using Ripple and Bitcoin in Wallstreet futures. Thanks for any feedback.
U.S is a business man's country which its president is a businessman,so for sure they wont do an all out ban regarding the cryptocurrencies bitcoin's technology is better than any of the world has,which is why these super country will i believe would never follow other's country regulation about cryptocurrencies,they have banned their citizens for joining ICOs because if they wanted it a long time ago it would be banned from the start.
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:43:07 PM

I think that any regulations will be connected with tax policy.  Government wants to have a piece of crypto pie and taxes is the obvious way to have it.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
bambazamba

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:46:10 PM

I can't wait for 6th feb and the speculations about it to finally end .
USA government is going to put some regulations on bitcoin , this won't change a lot about bitcoin . It will only impose some taxes upon its usage in USA .
It is also expected that after the regulations and getting some positive result out of it , the market will go green again and bitcoin will rise positively .
Its time for bitcoin to show some greens again.
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:48:55 PM

I think that any regulations will be connected with tax policy.  Government wants to have a piece of crypto pie and taxes is the obvious way to have it.

My thoughts as well. Regulation will be less for protection of the consumer (though that will be a part of it, and that part will be most loudly trumpeted) than it will be for tax revenue generation.
cryptoprophecy

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:46:39 PM

Thats a big question,because trump is a business minded person which can give us advantage.He might be a good president but he is a good business man which he knows which assets would give riches to the citizens of america.

BITEX >>> The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank <<< WHITEPAPER - ANN - JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
                TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE       PRE-ICO STARTS 23RD APRIL 12:00 GMT
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:56:49 PM

Thats a big question,because trump is a business minded person which can give us advantage.He might be a good president but he is a good business man which he knows which assets would give riches to the citizens of america.

I'd be willing to bet a nice chunk of btc that Trump doesn't even know the difference between cryptocurrency and his own ass.
Mamaecrypto

Activity: 333
Merit: 215

www.mammycrypto.com Best Browser brave.com/mam025

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 03:11:29 AM

First set of regulations just came out today. I am in the process of reading it in detail. So far few points are bad and few are good as well. Here is the link: https://www.banking.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/a5e72ac6-4f8a-473f-9c9c-e2894573d57d/BF62433A09A9B95A269A29E1FF13D2BA.clayton-testimony-2-6-18.pdf

Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:37:25 AM

If US certainly put tax on crypto earnings, activities, and future deals like ICO's. Banning of crypto is less probable simply because crypto still a business which can add value to the economy of the US. They will not let that thing prosper to other country, I think they will just impose some regulation for the safety of citizen and the country.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
rehydrogenated

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:41:30 AM

The US government especially is known for never...really...regulating anything that makes a ton of money. Yes, they want to defend their banks. But in the end they will announce they are going to be 'tough' and hire a couple guys in a Washington DC office to begin "auditing" people. They will end up in court for half a decade and literally nothing will change.

Right now it's the fear of the unknown that is making the market drop. Once the big bad regulations actually start to happen everyone will chill out.
asdfbna

Activity: 97
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:45:28 AM

I think this is affirmative. Cryptocurrencies greatly affect the interests of state banks and finance. Secondly, cryptocurrencies are difficult to control and supervise. Most of the cryptocurrencies are used to engage in criminal activities
dealung

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:47:01 AM

legalization will occur and they definitely draw taxes from people who buy or sell crypto and annual taxes for holders of crypto. this obviously adds to the state's income and this is huge money. maybe someday they'll think about this.
Rabbai89

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:50:27 AM

I don't think that they will do an all out ban. I do think that they will try and set some more tax regulations in stone! But America is all about business and there is alot of money in this market, i can't see them turning that away if they want their greedy hands in the mix!

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
bisdsad

Activity: 110
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:01:43 AM

I think if Bitcoin is really regulated by the U.S. government, this is actually a good thing for Bitcoin, and Tbilisi is now in a situation that will give investors more confidence.
BeruchN

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 10:39:10 AM

Even putting certain regulations on bitcoin might hurt it but I think it'll still be around and be going strong in the future.

----  Hot Crypto Airdrops ----   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: