Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:47:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The real reason behind the decline of Bitcoin and all other Altcoins  (Read 439 times)
Get-Paid.com (OP)

Activity: 1822
Merit: 386

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:44:32 PM
Merited by alyssa85 (1)

Are you looking for the real reason behind the massive declines we've seen recently?

The answer is 2 words = Interest Rate.

The US is going to keep on raising it and investors are looking for save haven that pays sure dividends ... so the US Dollar that everyone has buried in the last decade is outperforming all the Cryptos, and soon the EUR/USD will hit a parity (it's $1.25 now, it won't stay like this for a long time).

History always repeats itself, one way or another.

🍀 Read our Blog how to make money from Gambling --> https://gamblingfreebies.com/ 🍀

💰 Our Top Bitcoin Faucet --> https://freebitcoin.io 💰
ruplikminer

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:46:39 PM

In a couple of months bitcoin value will sit well below 500usd and will never go up again. More like 100usd or so. I am ready to bet money on it.
criticalcrypto

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:48:35 PM

Are you looking for the real reason behind the massive declines we've seen recently?

The US is going to keep on raising it and investors are looking for save haven that pays sure dividends ... so the US Dollar that everyone has buried in the last decade is outperforming all the Cryptos, and soon the EUR/USD will hit a parity (it's $1.25 now, it won't stay like this for a long time).

interest rates are nothing compared to staking returns on pos tokens, what were witnessing is the end of POW coins like bitcoin
gandhe83

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:52:29 PM

I think there is a plot against the crypto market. The current market is a significant drop. The value of all the coins available on the crypto market influences the supply and demand. I suspect that the force behind it intends to take over the price and release it.
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:53:56 PM

In a couple of months bitcoin value will sit well below 500usd and will never go up again. More like 100usd or so. I am ready to bet money on it.

This is more of the same. When bitcoin price is rising we see all types of predictions trying to guess it's new ath. When bitcoin price is declining, we see all kinds of predictions trying to guess it's new bottom. It's easy to make predictions in the direction of the market, because it's already heading in a certain way, so maybe they will be right.

You are quite bold though, because you say a couple of months, and you go as far as $100, and that is just crazy. Set up a real date and a trusted escrow in this forum and I'm sure a lot of users would gladly take your bet.
Subkarnas

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:56:33 PM

This "red winter" seems very orchestrated to me. China, South Korea,US,India and now UK... I have a feeling that there are more surprises to come this week.
marjil

Activity: 454
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:00:35 PM

It's nothing to do with interest rates - they would need to be in the 1000s of percent or more so that inflation becomes 1000s of percent as well, thereby significantly decreasing the value of fiat/ USD. Interest rates of 1% have very little impact other than a tiny cost to borrowing and very long term impact on GDP. They have no effect on the price of bitcoin and other coins.

arteezyy

Activity: 133

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:02:44 PM

There could be a plot twist on the next month and so on. The one that I suspect why bitcoins and altcoins are declining is because of incoming regulation. Because of the regulation the holders will be scared and do panic selling to prevent losing their gains on a specific coin. For me, as a holder will not fear the decline. This will just give me the opportunity to buy potential coins in cheaper price before it blooms again. We could take advantage on what is happening today and it is better to buy now until it is still profitable.

flora_digitalis

Activity: 477
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:03:29 PM

I don't think so at all.

The USD is in a longterm downtrend and has most recently devalued against the EUR and other currencies despite the prospect of rising interest rates. Calling the USD a safe haven is totally misguided. the most important traditional safe haven is gold - which during the last few months has increased in value against the USD as well.

The influence of interest rates on crypto valuation is close to zero. The most probable real reasons behind the current correction are:

1. Normalization of an overheated market (more than 10x increase in USD valuation during 2017)

2. US banks restricting credit card purchases of cryptos

PRIVATE SALE: Austrian Cufflinks / Polish Commem. Coins / Rare German Coins / Stella & Dot Jewelry
Please read all my trust comments. Only negative trust is from highly problematic individual TMAN (retaliatory rating - never did a trade with him and never will).
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:32:37 PM

There are plenty of countries with high interest rates. People are still buying Bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 04:52:29 PM

Maybe your statement above was maybe true but you don't have enough evidence as a source of why these are the real reason why bitcoin massive declines in the markets. We don't even know what is the main reason behind these facing issues of bitcoin, why the price is not raising up besides of steady movements of bitcoin at a range of 10k USD to 9KUSD. We can make a lot of prediction or something FUD on bitcoin.

That's really the real reason of massive declines price of bitcoin, if you try to look back the chart price of bitcoin compared last few years.
January and February month is a bloody month of all crypto currencies.
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:33:24 PM
Last edit: February 05, 2018, 05:46:33 PM by ruthbabe

No, I think it's not. I think it's because of the so many negative news out there regarding tougher regulation is the key factor in the continues dive on the price of Bitcoin and other coins. Another reason maybe is, the banning on the use of credit cards to buy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, accordingly aimed at protecting users from running up huge debts from buying them on credit if their values were to plummet.

TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 05:51:40 PM

Honestly this has absolutely nothing to do with interest rates. It is a simple ploy of major governments, their respective financial institutions and their media puppets first of all discrediting bitcoin, then now using the opportunity to either ban and restrict the purchase of bitcoin, or limit  how and where bitcoin transactions can occur. Let us not forget that there was already limited places where bitcoin could be used. Now if you an investor, and these major regulators of the worlds economy have come out to limit how your asset can be used, thinking from an investors point of view you would cash in and save what you can, because you will feel “trapped” be an asset you can’t really use, or has been said bad things about. Fear creeps in, and it is only human for you as an investor to react in such a manner. Unfortunately the the fall of bitcoin is also affect the other altcoins.
nemesis_

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:17:57 PM

There could be a plot twist on the next month and so on. The one that I suspect why bitcoins and altcoins are declining is because of incoming regulation. Because of the regulation the holders will be scared and do panic selling to prevent losing their gains on a specific coin. For me, as a holder will not fear the decline. This will just give me the opportunity to buy potential coins in cheaper price before it blooms again. We could take advantage on what is happening today and it is better to buy now until it is still profitable.

Actually, it is not only happening with bitcoin and any other altcoins or even the whole crypto market but it is also happening to stock market. It is down every first two months of every year because of tax things. Also, other factors may affect this sudden declining. Like the demand of supply. I also believe that it will be a good opportunity to buy more to earn more profit. We are almost done with this bad news.

Beroximos

Activity: 96

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:30:21 PM

I believe this big move down was caused by the systematic plan of big players and panic around all hacked trade markets.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:34:34 PM

This is definitely a factor for the hedge funds and institutional investors. Why take risks when you can earn a risk-free return on bonds?

Also - I think people are sceptical that bitcoin can repeat it's spectacular gains. It went from $1000 to $19400 in a year. To repeat that it would need to reach $190,000, which seems improbably. As bitcoin matures the percentage gains will get smaller.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
betiteh0777

Activity: 133

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:37:46 PM

yeah go visit a doc first....  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
deviltasha

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:45:02 PM

I am not sure about it, find out the history of bitcoin. I think you do not know a lot of things about crypto, about people who holds it and how it works, otherwise you would not make such announcements for sure.
Klestar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:45:43 PM

According to my observations of the butcoin community as well as other communities that support other tupes of cryptocurrencies, the most prominent reason of the decline in the value of the respective cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc., is the amount of people that practice panic selling which really hurts the value, aside from that the common fluctuations itself has been a great contributor for cryptocurrency loss.
niteroy

Activity: 476
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:04:07 PM

I think there is a plot against the crypto market. The current market is a significant drop. The value of all the coins available on the crypto market influences the supply and demand. I suspect that the force behind it intends to take over the price and release it.

You are right, I also read the news and understand that too much negative news at one time is coming, it does not seem like coincidence, it is definitely the despair of the leaders of governments who, without knowing how to regulate the cryptocurrency, resort to such tools as "Black PR" or this is the work of large investment funds who want to acquire cryptocurrency assets at a low price.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: