Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:18:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: buy high and sell low. or hold which one is it?  (Read 2192 times)
Rose119

Activity: 502
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:38:18 AM

after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

it is probably too late to sell after holding since the 19000$ correction.

I will sell bitcoin at the highest price, and buy again if the price fall like what happen last week and then i will hold it again and wait for the another pump, but its really hard to know when is the best time to sell bitcoin at the highest price. For me as long as i know that i get profit that's enough for me to sell bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nyong

Activity: 213
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:54:39 AM

I chose hold and wait until the coin price went up, because I did not want to get a loss
but if the coin price down and I feel the price will not goes up again, I will sell low to reduce losses
Angi

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:22:06 AM

who is crazy people that buy with higher price and sell for low price? I think there are some and they really need the money but its ridiculous if you sell it with low and you buy with high price you cannot gaining profit. you better to hold longer if the price are drop down if you buy your bitcoin in higher price and if you really need it try to trade but you can gain a little profit for that and also it depends on you what to do with your bitcoin.
a2offrb

Activity: 453
Merit: 101

RISE WITH RAYS FOR THE FUTURE

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:18:40 AM

Cautiousness just need to be ascertained at any point in time. Buying high and selling low could be a wrong idea in this regard. When such situation arises just as the prevailing one, the best bet is to hold with optimism that the situation shall improve for upsurge though.

]–]  Announce  ]–[    RAYS NETWORK    ]–[  Whitepaper  [–[
A Blockchain Based On Customized DPOS And Bulletproof Protocol
[–[   RISE WITH RAYS   [–[  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  ]–]
Quarantine34

Activity: 304
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:55:56 AM

after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

I would probably sell it when the price goes up to $19000 because it would be double or triple of your capital when you buy your bitcoin 2years ago. You will gain more profit when you sell it, because there is as possibility again to get a dip so that sell it immediately and do not hold.
Usafstar

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:19:12 AM

It is not good to buy at high and sell low it is huge loss for those who have bought bitcoin in high quantity and the price is now good but in the previous month it decline to a very down level and some bad news were in the market so the rumors also spread in the market for which the holding in that time is good and holding those who have good quantity of bitcoin now they are happy with the holding strategy.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
lifetimebitcoins

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:32:25 AM

The basic principle of trading is to buy low and sell them at the high price but most of the time it is not possible for short period of time. Due to because almost other altcoins depend on Bitcoin price, this might cause some delays in selling the coin, in this we have option an option called holding, this will give more returns if we steadily wait for some time.
Salesman4coinZ

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:36:50 AM

Buy low sell high, that sound easy to everyone. But when you start trading, it becomes very hard to hit the right points at the right time. So as a new cryptoinvestor, the chance are hight that you will buy high and after the fud start you will sell low because you dont want to loose more money. Indeed everybody told you to not buy on the alltime high. So when this happen, you will learn a lot. And then you will also learn that holding is the better option for you, when your not advanced trader.
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:31:00 PM

You should sell it since the risk is a big factor with cryptocurrencies. If there is a 2x or 3x appreciation in your value, I think you should be that greedy and take the money just to be safe.
Amongst all these options, holding is the most sensible thing to do as compared to that of buying at higher rates or selling at time of dump. You need to do the things which can result in some good amount of income for you and that you can only do nice you will go for buying any of the coin at lower rates and then will sell them at higher rates. You need to make the right decision and that too by deciding the right thing to do.

BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:28:55 PM

You should sell it since the risk is a big factor with cryptocurrencies. If there is a 2x or 3x appreciation in your value, I think you should be that greedy and take the money just to be safe.
Amongst all these options, holding is the most sensible thing to do as compared to that of buying at higher rates or selling at time of dump. You need to do the things which can result in some good amount of income for you and that you can only do nice you will go for buying any of the coin at lower rates and then will sell them at higher rates. You need to make the right decision and that too by deciding the right thing to do.
You're right, holding is the safest way of investing bitcoin and it is also lower risk compared to other investments just putting amount on trading. Buy low and sell high i think it's risky because you don't know the movement price of bitcoin due to high volatility on it.
Much better if you hold for a long term and that time bitcoin was very profitable because at this time when you buy you can't jump in the price in the future.
jaylhynne018

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:31:37 PM

hold because if you hold and wait for the price increase you will be got a big surprise to sell so just hold and wait!

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
wumBowo

Activity: 770
Merit: 298

tozex.io

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 03:00:16 PM

depends, if actually you dont have any faith with the coins u had then selling is the best choice rather than keep stressing about when the price is going up. But if u have any, hold is the BEST choice

Tozex

Powered by,
albantani

Activity: 134
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:10:12 PM

I think if it is too late like this you are better to hold because the potential bitcoin this year will be good, unless you have a sudden need, well it excluded you better sell

▐| CRUXCOIN.IO |▌  THE HEART OF CRYPTOCURRENCIES
▐|▌THE FIRST CRYPTOCURRENCY WITH 3 IMPLEMENTED PROJECTS▐|▌
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:15:29 PM

You're right, holding is the safest way of investing bitcoin and it is also lower risk compared to other investments just putting amount on trading. Buy low and sell high i think it's risky because you don't know the movement price of bitcoin due to high volatility on it.
Much better if you hold for a long term and that time bitcoin was very profitable because at this time when you buy you can't jump in the price in the future.
Different approaches are present in the market, it is you who will decide what suits you. Some people are happy with holding because they can’t give maximum time to this investment, holding is better for them in such case. But some are trended for selling and buying because they know this better help them earning money. These two strategies depend on individuals how they get things.
doycku

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:30:44 PM

Why sell today, the time will come for a good price. It is better to wait and be in the black than to sell now and then regret it.
alfs75

Activity: 392

platform for everyday business

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:22:46 PM

Actuallly i grab only the situation of buying high,and selling low if  there is no chances of all my loss in my investment is cannot recover,just like happen previous month of so many problems occurs in the cryptocurrency like those three consecutive correction of price value,but i can only do this if if theres no other remedy,but for me the best things to do is to hold,and wait for the chances,that bitcoin will rise again,because patience is a virtue and being a patience we can gain a  good outcome.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Zeque02

Activity: 490

Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:57:52 AM

Well I bet the best thing to do in the current value of bitcoin is to hold. If you sell your coins in a very low price, you won't be able to get a good profit. I think it won't take too long for you to get your desired amount so just be patient and good things will follow. Better wait than gain nothing. A good trader knows the right time to release and hold.
In any business or investments each one aim is to profit his investment as this time when bitcoins are down in value , i prefer to buy coins or hold your bitcoins until such time the value will rise up.

The right to do is buy when it is low then sell it when it is high. The best thing to do with your bitcoin is hold it because the value of bitcoin is unstable, sometimes it is high and sometimes it is low but still no need to worry because it can recover to its regular value.

▀     ▀       Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising      [   P r ⦿ s t a r t e r .   ]           Invest today. Live tomorrow.       ▀     ▀
▀     ▀     |  Whitepaper  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram Group  |  Telegram Ann  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |     ▀     ▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cedie

Activity: 138
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:47:37 AM

If I were that, I would have held more and sold it when the time bitcoin is starting to fall down. But the long time span I have hodl my bitcoin could have affect my decision. So this is just a case to case basis, if the person going to make that decision is engaged with bitcoin in a daily basis, then he could have sold it in the 18000 dollar mark.
paulwallyall

Activity: 73

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 01:52:43 AM

I don't have the answer to this, but in highly speculative scenarios I think this Warren Buffet quote rings true.

try to be fearful when others are greedy and greedy only when others are fearful

For example, when everybody was panicking over Bitcoin a few weeks ago, that was obviously the best time to get in on it. Of course, I give this idea even though I knowingly ignored it when it was under $6K!
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:55:40 AM

If there is a correction then look at the market and buy when the price is low, many traders are taking advantage of this situation and do not easily panic if there is a correction again while you are holding, panic will only cause mistakes, better hold than buy high sell low if you hold bitcoin.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: