Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:11:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: buy high and sell low. or hold which one is it?  (Read 2192 times)
Rony24h7

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:38:59 PM

What do you want to know? Your question is not clear so that it will be so much difficult to give an answer. If you want to know which will be better to you then I’ll prefer to holding the coin because bitcoins nature is increasing and decreasing that price.
If you buy your coin at high price and now its price is low then you should wait for some times. Because it will increase its price after some days that’s for sure. If you sell your bitcoin at low price by buying at high then you will loss there surely and why will you do that. You should take some more risk and wait for a while and see what happen. When its price will be increased then sell them so that you will get some benefits from this coin.

Qastessa

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:42:23 PM

after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

it is probably too late to sell after holding since the 19000$ correction.
It's your decision because you lost your chance of not selling at $ 19,000. But do not worry too much about it, it can still achieve milestones it has made before, hold and wait for your next opportunity.
Agree with your discussion because no chance is the last chance in bitcoin, if you bought bitcoin at low price and once you miss the chance for the high price then it is not need to be worry and never think to sell it low because most of the time opportunities use to come and go in bitcoin, so buy at low price then hold your bitcoin for the long time and one day you see price of bitcoin pumping up high more higher than the last pump of bitcoin so buy low hold and then sell at high price to buy more bitcoin.
Yara1

Activity: 193
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:22:47 PM

it is better to hold than to sell low.no investor want to loss. patient and consistency is a required of every investor in time like this .remember there is no commodity that does not experience a fall in price but that doesn't mean it will remain low forever.you will regret if you sell low today and the price rise tomorrow.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2870
Merit: 771

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:34:14 PM

after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

It's your decision because you lost your chance of not selling at $ 19,000. But do not worry too much about it, it can still achieve milestones it has made before, hold and wait for your next opportunity.
Agree with your discussion because no chance is the last chance in bitcoin, if you bought bitcoin at low price and once you miss the chance for the high price then it is not need to be worry and never think to sell it low because most of the time opportunities use to come and go in bitcoin, so buy at low price then hold your bitcoin for the long time and one day you see price of bitcoin pumping up high more higher than the last pump of bitcoin so buy low hold and then sell at high price to buy more bitcoin.
If you have the patience then this suggestion would really fits you but we do know that each person do have different level on resisting on being impatient which some can handle for long term and some do end up on cut loss or selling it on lower price.If a person did bought on 19k usd price and heading back on $6k price then you will surely got panic and cant avoid to think that it might go even more lower.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:09:08 AM

You need watch the trend of crypto currency, hold tight, dont sell in cheaper or low price then you buy and high, you definitely loss your investment. If you can hold until 4th quarter of this year,, this quarter is increasing the value of many crypto currency.
That depends on how the market is flowing. Like if you have holded coins for more than a quarter of year and now prices got high, so time is to sell the coins. This must be constrained with information that in this quarter of year, prices must be higher than your profit ratios otherwise no need to sell bitcoins. This and few other technicalities of bitcoins, you have to deal with them according to their nature and time.
Nobody wants to sell for the lower price that can happen only in day trading but in the longer run, everybody wants profit so they will wait for the higher price and then they will sell that is the common strategy. Holding the coins gives you the more profit rather than selling instantly.
That is what we all want, we all want to get profits but it the market is a zero sum game and not everyone can win someone needs to lose and when we take into account all the exchange fees and the transaction fees that you need to pay then that means that more than half of the people that are traders need to lose money.
Dawnpercy19

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:12:13 AM

Better to than to sell low because we will all want is to get a profit
Pendularin

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:35:49 AM

You need watch the trend of crypto currency, hold tight, dont sell in cheaper or low price then you buy and high, you definitely loss your investment. If you can hold until 4th quarter of this year,, this quarter is increasing the value of many crypto currency.
That depends on how the market is flowing. Like if you have holded coins for more than a quarter of year and now prices got high, so time is to sell the coins. This must be constrained with information that in this quarter of year, prices must be higher than your profit ratios otherwise no need to sell bitcoins. This and few other technicalities of bitcoins, you have to deal with them according to their nature and time.
Nobody wants to sell for the lower price that can happen only in day trading but in the longer run, everybody wants profit so they will wait for the higher price and then they will sell that is the common strategy. Holding the coins gives you the more profit rather than selling instantly.
That is what we all want, we all want to get profits but it the market is a zero sum game and not everyone can win someone needs to lose and when we take into account all the exchange fees and the transaction fees that you need to pay then that means that more than half of the people that are traders need to lose money.
It is better to hold our bitcoins to avoid losses in such investment. Think wisely in doing a kind of transaction dont worry about the prices wether its low or minimum high. Because time will come it will rise in a higher value for now it is normal its value. Holders want to be patience in order to have good profits .Depnding on what our perception how to be a great successor as investor.
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:04:35 PM

If you bought BTC when it was at peak, then instead of hodling, there is nothing much you can do (unless you are ready to take big loss).
People make lot of money by buying high and selling low, but it depends on your luck. The ones who bought it at 12000$ must have been thinking that BTC will reach 20000$. So, it all matters at the time you enter the market.
ofelia25

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:30:06 PM

Don't make confusion about this concept, if you want to do the buy and sell at low method then it is also good but this will just make you a hassle and time consuming because you will always monitor the price but if you are doing it because you are full time, then it is fine, but I suggest to hold especially when you don't need money that much.
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:56:04 PM

That depends on the person, for example, if I bought Bitcoin 2 years ago and held it until it reaches the $19,000 which happened recently, then I would probably sold it that time because the profit that I see from there is enough for me whilst other people would probably hold more their bitcoin wishing for more profits. That's called greediness and the fact that it didn't go beyond $20,000 must mean that those who did not sell that time is literally holding their bitcoin again this time waiting for another ATH.
Smack 1

Activity: 137
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:09:51 PM

It is better to hold our bitcoins to avoid losses in such investment. Think wisely in doing a kind of transaction dont worry about the prices wether its low or minimum high. Because time will come it will rise in a higher value for now it is normal its value. Holders want to be patience in order to have good profits .Depnding on what our perception how to be a great successor as investor.
you will not benefit when you sell low. this is a bad action. it would be better if you hold it and let it pump again until the price matches your target. maybe you've made a mistake, make it a lesson, and you will not probably fall in the same hole. so be patient and wait until the right time to sell your coins.

Safein.com                     
M A K E   I T   S I M P L E

Activity: 176

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:27:27 PM

you will not benefit when you sell low. this is a bad action. it would be better if you hold it and let it pump again until the price matches your target. maybe you've made a mistake, make it a lesson, and you will not probably fall in the same hole. so be patient and wait until the right time to sell your coins.
If you buy a high price and you sell when the price starts to fall you will incur losses
it would be good for you to hold and wait patiently for the price back and you will benefit as the price goes up

AKU KEMBALI SETELAH SEKIAN LAMA MENGHILANG
waichi

Activity: 359

Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:09:49 PM

Do not sell low. Never ever. After this correction, everything will go well as we expect. Do not lose hope. Holders are the winners here. Do not believe to others telling Bitcoin is dead. No matter FUD news all over social media, they can never totally destroy Bitcoin. If they really want to destroy Bitcoin, then they should have banned it in the first place. They didn't. So they may have hidden agenda about what is really going on. Hold until you make a profit.

███ TWITTER Udego Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
Strongball

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:18:29 PM

Yeah avoid selling low, there's no profit to be made with such choices. If you already have
Coins within your possession, and the market isn't really doing great you can hold you're
Coins fir a while and wait for better day with better prices to sell. You can purchase
Coins on a red day to, monitor the prices and decide when your ideal choice to buy.
Buy low and sell high.
kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:53:07 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2018, 07:03:24 PM by kimochidesh

Don't sell...and buy on dips. $8500 is considered to be a strong Support level, so its time to buy and hold. I understand some newbies and crypto enthusiasts have entered the market on peak points and now unable to take any call. But believe me, it is the time to buy and accumulate... and we soon see the shine.
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:08:17 PM

Wait till it reach the $20k price again then sell all your bitcoins to have some profit. Do not sell  below the price you bought your bitcoins ,wait for a couple of months maybe bitcoin will bounce back.
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:16:01 AM

Better to than to sell low because we will all want is to get a profit
May be you are somehow misleading somewhere. How can one earn profit by selling at low prices? I don’t find any possible solutions for this situation except if someone has bought at such low pierce that at the time of selling, this selling price is a little higher than buying price. Still such complexity makes everything vague. So best is to keep yourself updated with market trends and sell at highest prices.
eyebags1994

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:43:10 AM

If I have enough profit then I will sell it but if its not enough i  would rather hold it than selling in a low price. Holding it for a long time is very much better than panic selling.
Freddie Aguiluz

Activity: 401

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 09:53:53 AM

Selling bitcoins with the lowest value till you bought it is like giving your capital to someone freely. Better to hold on and wait than to sell with lesser than the usual value. It is a matter of time and if you have  patience probably, you can gain more!

Many people plans to do this but apparently they end up selling while the price is at its lowest. Like me, the price of bitcoins drops exactly when I needed money the most, that's why I am so mad at the market and prices of tokens that I need. Its like they know when I need money.
Febriana98

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:04:51 AM

will hold it because I do not have the skills of a trader to do a short-term, the strategy we do is very different, I'm not sure there will be many who tell his strategy on an open thread like this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: