Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:24:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: buy high and sell low. or hold which one is it?  (Read 2195 times)
tannerchum

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:30:35 AM

after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

it is probably too late to sell after holding since the 19000$ correction.

In this moment its too late to sell your bitcoin because the value of is so low compare before. Your attitude to be patient by holding you bitcoin is so good but its took over the time by holding it. Todays value of bitcoin is not so good compare from the past. So its better to continue holding your bitcoin.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
ubitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:16:19 PM

after this major price correction. i want to see what are your ideas on this. lets say you bought bitcoin 2 years ago. you notice prices were high at 19,000$ should u sell or continue to hold? what are your thoughts after this huge correction?

I prefer to buy cheap and sell it at a high price if the price has not touched an expensive price then I will decide to hold it forever until the price becomes very expensive never to sell it when the price is cheap.
That is what everyone tries to do but people fail to do so because of many reasons. Practically, it ain’t easy in the world of crypto coins, especially bitcoin because of their fluctuating nature. But if a person holds his coin during the dips and sell it out whenever a specific set target is achieved, he can earn good amount of money.In crypto world, every kind of situation is temporary.
barontamago

Activity: 143
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:32:13 PM

I think it is better to hold it until you can get profits than to sell it low if you bought it in high. If it's me, I will set price that I will wait until selling my coins then sell the half and hold the half and wait until it increase again.
goku19

Activity: 395
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:33:40 PM

I think hodl is for those who cannot give much time in the bitcoin trading so best thing for them is to buy a decent amount once and forget it for couple of years..other wise it’s a good thing to buy low sell high..watch the market and keep continue on this
Xcode7

Activity: 1162
Merit: 437

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:37:25 PM

Automatic now there is only 1 solution that is holding and buying. said sell we have to be patient to survive. the current price is very drop to sell

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
HSRP

Activity: 392

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:41:42 PM

Buying high and selling low is called trading on the principle of surfing. This means that the cryptocurrency market is similar to other investment markets. And based on the principle of surfing, investors monitor, update and analyze to be able to find their profits when trading on the market cryptocurrency.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:57:43 PM

you need to buy when prices are lowered and not vice versa because it is reasonable in terms of wasting your money, but you need to keep it until the moment when the price suits you
The best option at present is holding your coins silently because the market is obviously not for the sellers at all at present and even if someone dares selling off their coins, they are going to face a huge loss, nothing else. The best thing we can do right now for saving our investments is to simply hold them as much as long. The thing is that we are not here for losing money, we are here to make money for future.
mel1978

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:41:38 PM

I will still hold it since the price now is very low compare to the price I bought. I believe bitcoin will soon to increase its price. I need to be positive so that I will not get hurt but that should be.
AndrewBrown

Activity: 251
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 11:47:17 AM

Why would you want to buy high and sell low? Surely you know that you are losing money that way. What you should do if you bought at a high price is to hold and wait for the next bull market to come around before you start thinking about selling.
tumokatok

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 12:36:15 PM

I advise you to keep it afloat for situations like this if you make a sale at a low price point you will not get anything you want. otherwise you can get it on another coin but first you should do a research about coin that you will invest in order to find a coin that has a good chance.

Maybe that's what causes the buy with a high price and sell cheaply. But I think it's better to restrain him. Because panic can happen, we can not predict when bitcoin rises and falls. We buy at that price with the possibility of the price going up. But actually the price is even more down
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:23:23 PM

well it depends on how many hours can you afford to observe the market if you cann stay all day monitoring the trend then trading is for you but if you can't do it all day you might hold your fort to minimize mistakes on your trades.

To observe market, its require technical analysis skills. But if we want to minimizing our mistakes, its better to learn and studying about technical analysis. Many indicator that we can learn to avoid buying at high and selling at bottom
Taking lot of time monitoring the market will make you panic specially if that graph falling down, instead make something where you can put your attention, because it will affect your emotion unless you are strongly handle with it. Good to do is to analyze the market, sell when you see that it will continue to drop and then buy the same coin when the price is low than you sell. It will help to grow the coin not by the value but by the amount. It will be more profitable then when it actually increase.

Kittygalore

Activity: 868
Merit: 63

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 10:57:01 PM

More likely I will hold. Selling it right now will indeed make me lose some profit which I cannot afford on getting. So right now the best thing to do that I know is to hold till bitcoin gets a price increase and then I can sell my bitcoins and have profit. It's just a cycle I'll buy bitcons again when the prices go down. It's just that because I know bitcoin's price always goes up whenever it falls down and I want the profit that much.
Nylelyn

Activity: 296
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 11:15:07 PM

Being stuck in this kind of situation really is a little confusing. You might be on the verge of thinking whether you want to sell it at a lower price because looking at the bitcoin value continually dumps really hurts. However, what I can say is that it is okay to sell it at a prevailing lower price if you have better and sure investment that will recover your money. But then if you do not have specific plan, then better to hold it since we have passed already few months after 2018, I am also in the same situation so I intent to hold on to my faith that Bitcoin will rise up and prove that it is the king of all altcoins.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM ┃ TWITTER ┃ INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Bobocantik

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 12:57:11 AM

I think, hold it better than cut loss. If you are expert trader. You must know when price will go up and price will go down. If you just buy without knowledge about fundamental strategy then you can panic when price going down and do cut loss. I recommend just hold it until price go up again.
Sofiyah

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:35:01 AM

if I buy bitcoin 2 years ago and now the bitcoin price is high enough, I'll sell it. I'm looking for profit instead of looking for long-term investments. if it already has a profit then I will immediately sell. but if the price is still the same or down, maybe I'll hold it much longer to wait for its price to go up.
EnricoGomez

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 01:47:03 AM

In my opinion, I would continue to hold my bitcoin for now
Many believe the value of it has a great potential in the future - just look at its growth in the last decade
Rise and fall of bitcoin is only natural so it is definitely important not to panic when it drips
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 02:05:36 AM

In my opinion, I would continue to hold my bitcoin for now
Many believe the value of it has a great potential in the future - just look at its growth in the last decade
Rise and fall of bitcoin is only natural so it is definitely important not to panic when it drips

Same here i do also hold my bitcoin for now because i see that btc prices are still verry low although i wouldnt even loose if i will sell some of my btc, due to the fact that i did not invest any single cents on them . I only earned my btc thru campaigns ( social media and signature ) and also to some bitcoin faucets.

Re: buy high and sell low. or hold which one is it

buy high and sell low? Seriously? You wont probably earn a profit if you use that kind of strategy. I guess that is only a typo error. What you really mean to say is buy low and sell high because that is the most common strategy when doing trades or investing.
josh07

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:46:18 AM

for me it depends on the person that's exactly what his strategy is if I'm just asking you to like to sell more than sells because I'm just curious but it really depends on the person that's what's best for him.

francis2

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:51:09 AM

At the end it will depend on your expectations of the price of bitcoin, if you do not really believe the price is going to go that much higher then it could be a good idea to sell once we reach that price again, but if your expectations out of bitcoin are high and you are willing to hold for such a long time then it will be a huge mistake to sell sooner than that.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 03:34:25 AM

for me it depends on the person that's exactly what his strategy is if I'm just asking you to like to sell more than sells because I'm just curious but it really depends on the person that's what's best for him.
Most of the time it is best to just hold bitcoin and keep it for long term rather than selling it because there is no benefits of selling rather than temporary happiness that you cashed out your money and you secure your profit from bitcoin but if you will just hold and try to grow it by trying different type of methods like trading then you can become happier in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: