Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:17:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone actually going to buy the 600 GH/s BFL unit after their customer serv?  (Read 15174 times)
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 06:39:58 PM

Deal sounds sweet, but they always do.
MerchantMiner

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 08:07:34 PM

are you talking about the Monarch 600card? if so you must be crazy that's a fluff piece to keep you interested in BFL !! think about it ......................

Small unit with single fan 600Ghash HuhHuh?? are they getting nasa to design it ? the image is of a GTX690 Classified case!!! knocked up and rendered in Blender3D to get your taste buds going

if they build that card i will eat my hat. look at the size of KnC and the 60Ghash boxes BFL make now they gonna (reduce power by 90% size by 80% for arguments sake) get real folks thats a step to far from a company that ships units with broken power supplys and dodgy burnt out mainboards! fuck it i will make a 1Th USB miner that uses 1w and it costs £1999 im taking orders right now let me photoshop some crap together like hashfast lol ...................
MTBmanTT

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Bitcoin: The new Wild West

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 08:02:46 PM

Small unit with single fan 600Ghash HuhHuh?? are they getting nasa to design it ? the image is of a GTX690 Classified case!!! knocked up and rendered in Blender3D to get your taste buds going

if they build that card i will eat my hat. look at the size of KnC and the 60Ghash boxes BFL make now they gonna (reduce power by 90% size by 80% for arguments sake) get real folks thats a step to far from a company that ships units with broken power supplys and dodgy burnt out mainboards! fuck it i will make a 1Th USB miner that uses 1w and it costs £1999 im taking orders right now let me photoshop some crap together like hashfast lol ...................

I hope you're referring to the monarch PCB concept that is floating around on the net, being two ASICs on one board, otherwise no, sorry not a 690.

Keep in mind that KnC is using a in house(joint venture) ASIC design by ORSoC, and has more to it that it must power(and pay for) as a whole.  Whereas the Hashfast and the upcoming BFL monarch will be using the "Golden Nounce (GD)" ASIC Which is a newer design projected at:

Chip Specifications:

28nm ASIC
Hashing Output: 400 Gigahash/s at nominal clock speed
Power Consumption: less than 0.65 W/GH/s
Designed to be underclocked for greater efficiency, and overclocked for greater performance.

With that said, and BFL claiming for 600GHs (2 chip board), they're underclocking these ASICs a little to achieve the desired hash rate/thermal power envelope.  Dropping each chip to 300GH is a good start. So, a guess of this could be:

.6W * 600 = 360w (BFL projects 350w)  - just a guess

The PCI-e connectors alone (though not stated if it is a 6/8 or dual 8 pin) alone has more than enough power to supply this card(a GTX690 eats over 600w at peak!), and even OC a little- plus the provided 75W off your mainboard as well.  Its a pretty solid design assuming that this is the overall idea behind it.

Honestly, Id love one if it wasn't from BFL.  This design is something id love to have replace my GPU rig with nothing more than plug n play.  

Now only if BFL knew how to deliver: http://bitslammed.com/butterflylabs-sends-another-update/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ku836/bfl_already_delaying_monarch_until_feb/

PCI-e Specs:
http://www.pcisig.com/developers/main/training_materials/get_document?doc_id=fa4ec3357012d69821baa0856011c665ac770768

KnC Joint venture:
http://www.coindesk.com/a-look-inside-kncminer/

BTC: 15EsnLVpCqAKMC59hm5BUYvTLMWXxmwh2D http://scrypt.cc?ref=babi4 LTC: LYgXWLpzQUjWXAHtc7ouMbf83pBTPsGfVG
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 09:12:40 PM

I bought, simply because my current order at BFL will mine almost nothing when it delivered, so why not just grab another piece of toy with already paid money Grin

MTBmanTT

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Bitcoin: The new Wild West

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 09:14:22 PM

I bought, simply because my current order at BFL will mine almost nothing when it delivered, so why not just grab another piece of toy with already paid money Grin

If I were in your position, I would too!

BTC: 15EsnLVpCqAKMC59hm5BUYvTLMWXxmwh2D http://scrypt.cc?ref=babi4 LTC: LYgXWLpzQUjWXAHtc7ouMbf83pBTPsGfVG
gnix72

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 09:44:38 PM

I still don't even have my Jalepeno.  You get to screw a single customer once, then that customer will never do business with you again.  If you screw everyone once at the same time, then you best cash out your business because its over.

BFL is dead to me.
Quix

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 06:54:03 PM

With that in mind, our current schedule is on track for shippments to begin towards end of year.

They forgot to mention, the year in question is 2015.

These guys are clowns, bragging about production capacity with a huge backlog of last-gen products. You would have to be a complete sucker to order anything from them.
m3ta

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 12:29:53 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2013, 01:01:16 AM by m3ta

I still don't even have my Jalepeno.  You get to screw a single customer once, then that customer will never do business with you again.  If you screw everyone once at the same time, then you best cash out your business because its over.

BFL is dead to me.

+1

Also, "BFL's customer service" is an oxymoron.

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
rpg

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 10:50:30 PM

all, in I mean ALL, ASIC manufacturers have been playing to stupid suckers that can't add 1+1. Look at ASICMINER and how many millions they made when they were selling the BE at 3BTC when the manufacturing cost is at most .01 BTC. They simply called this community a bunch of stupid greeders and continue to call when they are selling them at .07BTC knowing very well that no one will ever recover the money they invested on the BE and will have to  use a BE as replacement for toilette paper. 
Quix

Activity: 174

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 05:14:21 AM

I'll buy some...

When they offer them retail. I'm not putting down any cash without product.
hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 01:28:42 PM

I'll buy some too, if they are free..

Clearfly

Activity: 143

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 03:50:47 PM

BFL wont ever get anymore business from me. Paid 50 BTC for miners. Had they been delivered on time, would have made that back + small profit.
Now will be lucky to make 10BTC back.
Noruka

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:29:33 AM

i ordered a 60 gh/s from them and i never will give them a single cent again.
jayeeyee

Activity: 191
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 07:57:50 AM

The Monarch is over priced in my opinion.  We have cheaper dollar to hashrate ASIC devices out there that will most likely come out before BFL.  I'm going to guesstimate by the time the Monarch is released.. the difficulty will be so high that ROI chances will be slim.  Basically, the same scenario with the majority of BFL's 65nm ASIC devices.  Sure, if you look at 600GH now for today's diff. it seems enticing... but you have to factor in the likely date when you'll receive it and the diff. for that time period. So in BFL's case.. it's anywhere from 2 weeks to 1 year (definitely the latter).

And to answer your initial question; NO.. I will never purchase anything from BFL again.  NEVER.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 03:09:37 PM

The Monarch is over priced in my opinion.

Monarch: 600 GH/s for $4680 delievered in Feb or later.
Jupiter: 550 GH/s for $4995 delivered in Nov.

The choice is clear. BFL is far too expensive and risky.

Buy & Hold
Ashitank

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 04:26:11 PM

Buy from BFL  , instead donate your money to poor at least u will get blessings for putting food on some ones table & feel good about it  Smiley
papaminer

Activity: 462

Free World

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 04:33:48 PM

Buy from BFL  , instead donate your money to poor at least u will get blessings for putting food on some ones table & feel good about it  Smiley

If you donate to charity...

I will be very happy for you...

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
high110

Activity: 728
Merit: 253

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 02:08:03 PM

Agreed - I don't trust this company at all.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 10:28:06 AM

It would be about the same as pre-ordering a donkey kick right in the balls a year from now.. maybe longer..

sometime in late 2014, early 2015.. you will hear the doorbell ring... open the front door.. see the back side of a donkey.. then BAM..

+1 gold lol

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 09:01:23 PM

I transferred my early June Jalapeno to Mining by the Ghash (Monarch) to be hosted by BFL for a year.

My choice was probably this:
A - A December delivered Jalapeno that might mine me 1 BTC over a year. And I would have to pay customs which would negate that 1 BTC.
B - Getting 40 Ghash or so in Feb I hope. That might get me 1 BTC over a year. No customs.

My debate came down to "Do I want the novelty of just having a Jalapeno years from now?" and I almost chose yes but the pain of paying tax on something when I could probably buy it on Ebay in December for 100 bucks and have my 40 Ghash is Feb won out...

And there is the great chance that BFL can't deliver on the Monarch and by some act of God I actually get a refund.  Grin

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: