Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:42:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 98 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can world Government Kill Crypto?  (Read 6425 times)
cryptogeek101 (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 08:06:41 AM

"Regardless, just because South Korea, China, the US and other countries can crush Bitcoin by issuing new regulations and influencing cryptocurrency prices, it doesn’t mean they can kill it".  The above quote is from the research information I got when I was trying to find out why world government is fighting crypto. Please read the full text here: https://www.ccn.com/fighting-bitcoin-cryptocurrency-trading-threat-government-policies/ and make your own contributions. It will help cool the nerves from the crypto dip we are experiencing recently. Happy reading. Thanks

HOMT

Powered by,
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matsusomoto

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:32:18 AM

"Regardless, just because South Korea, China, the US and other countries can crush Bitcoin by issuing new regulations and influencing cryptocurrency prices, it doesn’t mean they can kill it".  The above quote is from the research information I got when I was trying to find out why world government is fighting crypto. Please read the full text here: https://www.ccn.com/fighting-bitcoin-cryptocurrency-trading-threat-government-policies/ and make your own contributions. It will help cool the nerves from the crypto dip we are experiencing recently. Happy reading. Thanks
Nice article in my own humble opinion government can only regulate the use of cryptocurrencies but they cant kill it,because other countries has already seen the good things which cryptocurrency offers,most of the countries that banned cryptocurrency activities like ICOs,trading are the ones who are in the power which clearly why they dont want cryptocurrency,decentralization will make people's freedom to transact anonimously which would have some negative impact,the government will find it hard if someone has done illegal activities like smuggling plus these transactions are not being taxed,which is the main reason why they are making their move to stop the cryptocurrencies adoption.

LesterD

Activity: 665
Merit: 114

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:35:36 AM

i dont think that world government can kill crypto, then can manipulate it but i dont think that they can kill it. why? because even those who called “government” are studying about crypto, they are also using it to earn big money thays why they are manipulating it.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:39:37 AM

Thanks for sharing, but however long the debate, whatever the arguments, nothing abates the fear of uncertainty lying around the future of cryptocurrencies as the oulying factors are piling up and beyond predictive scenarios.
Alerter

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:41:48 AM
Merited by OriginTrain (1)

Governments cant kill drugs which have physical form for centuries.
So they won't be able to kill cryptos, but they sure can criminalize them. Stupid enough to be implemented by govts.
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:42:13 AM

yes , absolutely.

I´ll tell you why. Because cryptocurrency has been sold, by marketing for "providing a stable way of doing projects". But THE REAL FACT, THE ONLY REAL FACT, is that crypto was used to evade money from goverments. Once the goverments have banned or difficulted this, Cryptocoins have lost in a single month half of its value. HALF!!! and the money in all the cryptomarket has gone from 800.000.000.000 dollars to 283.000.000.000 RIGHT NOW!!!!! THAT'S ALMOST 75%!!!

So....this was clear AF, and i already knew this. The goverments want to destroy crypto (and banks also want that) because whenever you put money on that goverment and banks lose the control and that brings to possiblity to evade taxes. Those mofos, that live at the expense of your money know that if all put money there, they will have less money to give it to their friends and so on.

They have killed cryptocurrency. Absolutely yes.

And this , what is actually happening proves my absolute and undisputable point: the moment goverments have banned crypto, crypto has died, because there is not a single viable project with blockchain. Just evading.

When a market loses 75% of it's value due to regulations, that means something, don't you think?HuhHuh?

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:43:30 AM

If they decided to go and seize all the wallets in exchanges they could because of KYC forms and tax and other government debts, then this could not actually kill crypto but it could certainly cripple it for a while. Blockchain technology isn't going anywhere but big brother can definitely make it very difficult for all of us involved in this game.
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:43:43 AM

i dont think that world government can kill crypto, then can manipulate it but i dont think that they can kill it. why? because even those who called “government” are studying about crypto, they are also using it to earn big money thays why they are manipulating it.
Yes i agree, the other reason why the government can not kill cryptos due to it is decentralize, transparant, immutable and unstoppable. Almost all of cryptos coins be run by their community ( developers of team in free time, the community of miners and cryptos lovers) without control the government or corporations and other. As long there are community that supports of cryptos, the cryptos can not be killed by the government.
Korsharp

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:45:21 AM

What if some of the altcoin out there are kinda under any government's control?By pumping and crashing it hard a few time creating fear and at the same time cooperate with major media(which they had significant influence with) that keep promoting the CRYTO IS A BUBBLE,SKY IS FALLING DOWN kinda troll......i see this could be 1 of the best way to kill crytocurrencie as you can see most of the people who jump on board recently are purely investing just to make some quick money...hit and run and they don't care.
kinki32

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:46:03 AM

Ofcourse not! If goverments can't control main DNS then they can't control mining and then they can't control network. But on prices they have expansion.
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 08:46:09 AM

So they won't be able to kill cryptos, but they sure can criminalize them. Stupid enough to be implemented by govts.
Its funny but it's true, government can't kill drugs which is physically sell on the market and so bitcoin. Bitcoin is a digital currency and I bet that they can't kill nor control it because government hasn't any control on it. Yes they maybe banned it in their respective countries but they can't kill it.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
sedahan13

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:48:27 AM

In my opinion no body and no one party include government can to kill crypto, because all crypto and the blockchain technology behind it is decentralized. All bad news that exist now is just FUD to manipulated the price of crypto.

│▌██████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ██████▐│
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│   TELEGRAM   │    TWITTER    │     REDDIT     │    MEDIUM    │
Piskeante

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:53:08 AM

Yes i agree, the other reason why the government can not kill cryptos due to it is decentralize, transparant, immutable and unstoppable. Almost all of cryptos coins be run by their community ( developers of team in free time, the community of miners and cryptos lovers) without control the government or corporations and other. As long there are community that supports of cryptos, the cryptos can not be killed by the government.

i totally disagree, sorry. All altcoins are worth something due to the possibility to exchange it to BTC. once BTC crashes, those coins will be worth NOTHING. Who is going to be using mining and spending electricity on something that's worth NOTHING??

For god shake, i don't know if you have interests on any coin (i sold all my ETH at 1050$). i knew this was gonna happen. If BTC is worth almost nothing, all altcoins will be worth nothing. If BTC cannot be used in real live, nor will be those alt coins.

For me , cryptocurrency is dead, because goverments have done what they can only do: put regulations over them, so that they are not viable to evade taxes. This is the only truth of nowadays, and what proves why BTC and ETH have lost 50% of its value in 1 month, or why in that same period, the money invested in cryptomarket has gone from 800.000.000.000 dollars to about 280.000.000.000.000, that's like 70% down.

Face it, those that are farming, will spend more money in electricity and actual profit. And yes, they have killed cryptocurrency. At all. If you don't believe me, see the graphs of all coins and compare news from goverments to falls in price. they absolutely match.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:00:24 AM

Same reasons with you here. People will always find ways to circumvent the law if it is beneficial to them like this cryptocurrency for example. Cryptcurrencies like bitcoin eliminate the boundaries in financial technology, wherein anywhere in the world you can send and receive and accept payments.
Piskeante

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:01:10 AM

Its funny but it's true, government can't kill drugs which is physically sell on the market and so bitcoin. Bitcoin is a digital currency and I bet that they can't kill nor control it because government hasn't any control on it. Yes they maybe banned it in their respective countries but they can't kill it.

sorry but you don't really need to block it. Just put bans on buying and more controls so that people cannot evade taxes and you are done. They cannot put doors in the mountain. It's easy. You can enter, but i will know who you are. Done.

If you don't understand this, you´ll not understand why crypto is dead.

frery

Activity: 147
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:02:10 AM

Some countries have adopted a strict ban on bitcoin, such as Ecuador and Bolivia. But not to not necessarily is the best way to dismiss the currency and the authenticity of digital assets and financial connotation, does not detract from the fact in the financial transaction, so now many countries of the currency measures, rather than exclude bitcoin, as part of the turn it into a system, many countries are slowly accept bitcoin.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 09:06:53 AM

It is a possibility and because most of the Herd follow governments and mass media, Crypto will become something of a small high tech specialized market soon only for some interested investors and crypto currency enthusiasts. It already has gone to pre Nov 2017 levels and will go back to July levels at this rate. So basically we have lost a year of profits now, for all of us that held faithfully to our coins and crypto holdings. I do not see a bright future right now for the crypto faithful, it is being manipulated by the big forces that be, so too many of us got caught out.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:07:20 AM

They can't kill cryptos " in the concrete meaning of kill" . In fact they can take some measurements & legislations that may sensibly affect cryptocurrencies prices .
Banks also can do this as well , such as the British Lloyds Bank Plc and CityGroup bank & HP Morgan Chase bank which have imposed restrictions on using'em to buy cryptos ; this has contributed to lowering cryptos prices
pasagir

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 09:12:29 AM

Perhaps, governments will be able to influence the course of the Crypto. But this is a whole industry, a new industry of the future, and it can not just be killed!
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:15:10 AM

It is hard to kill a movement because there is something called "a critical mass" and once a critical mass of people enters something you cannot roll back. It is also hard to kill such a strong and useful technology because there will always be someone who will accept it (take a look at Belarus example from the article) and other will have to "not fall behind", if not for anything then for political reasons. And cryptos became both - technology (for asset creation and distribution) and the movement (for decentralization and more fair wealth allocation).

i totally disagree, sorry. All altcoins are worth something due to the possibility to exchange it to BTC. once BTC crashes, those coins will be worth NOTHING. Who is going to be using mining and spending electricity on something that's worth NOTHING??

Actually not all. Some of them change to ETH and ETH can be exchanged directly for FIAT. However, yes, your reasoning is correct. I don't believe that Bitcoin can crash totally because of better regulation. Regulation is a positive thing. Banning is another thing, but not a single country has yet proposed to ban crypto trading, all news suggesting that were simply fake.

For god shake, i don't know if you have interests on any coin (i sold all my ETH at 1050$). i knew this was gonna happen. If BTC is worth almost nothing, all altcoins will be worth nothing. If BTC cannot be used in real live, nor will be those alt coins.

That was actually a smart move. I wish I did that so that I can buy a whole lot more at low prices. I am just hoping you are not using the FUD to get that little bit extra price down......

For me , cryptocurrency is dead, because goverments have done what they can only do: put regulations over them, so that they are not viable to evade taxes. This is the only truth of nowadays, and what proves why BTC and ETH have lost 50% of its value in 1 month, or why in that same period, the money invested in cryptomarket has gone from 800.000.000.000 dollars to about 280.000.000.000.000, that's like 70% down.
Face it, those that are farming, will spend more money in electricity and actual profit. And yes, they have killed cryptocurrency. At all. If you don't believe me, see the graphs of all coins and compare news from goverments to falls in price. they absolutely match.

Yes, but they had a gain of 1000% in a very short period of time too, so I don't see the market as "falling apart" just yet. The only thing that is pitty is that the expected market crash, correction, or whatever you would like to call it, came after some totally insignificant, and mainly fake news. Check this thread for the discussions on the matter: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2865338.msg29417479#msg29417479, you will not that crypto development has much more technical strength over the FUD, but marketing is unfortunately a different thing.

Anyway, a rise and crash of Bitcoin is normal and expected, look at its graph over time since the start. Nothing unusual there.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 98 »
  Print  

Jump to: