Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 05:01:57 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feature Request: Allow users to change capitalization of their username  (Read 176 times)
etherflip (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 103
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:35:33 PM

This would be a solid feature for the account section - a recent search didn't discover too much on this topic and I was wondering the viability of adding this type of feature.

nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2612

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 09:51:52 PM

Earlier today, I myself was just wondering whether usernames be case-sensitive.  I am guessing not; were it so, scammers would have created accounts “Theymos”, “THEYMOS”, etc.  But there does not seem to be any documentation of the specifics of username rules.

I might search for a potential answer in the SMF documentation, as I sometimes do when trying to figure out the exact BBcode this forum supports; but figuring out username rules is a low priority to me right now, since I am not creating a new account.

MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:55:21 PM

sUpPoRt

In all seriousness, I think this would be a bit tricky. I'm pretty sure any changes would need to be manually done by an admin, since there's no way to allow users to change their names on their own while limiting it to case changes.
etherflip (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:57:01 PM

I don't think there is an instance of rules pertaining to casing. In CS case may or may not matter, it just seems in this instance, there is no option to actually go into your account and change your own username casing.

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:19:12 PM

Why would you need to do that? I mean you created the account, right? Why didn't you capitalize it back then? I don't get it. Maybe I didn't understand you well, but that can be in the domain of paid services, like pay ~10$ to get your username changed or something like that.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
etherflip (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:24:45 PM

Why would you need to do that? I mean you created the account, right? Why didn't you capitalize it back then? I don't get it. Maybe I didn't understand you well, but that can be in the domain of paid services, like pay ~10$ to get your username changed or something like that.

Because any other normal site functions this way. It is not hard to implement

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 3103

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 11:32:23 PM

I don't know a single other site that has a feature of allowing you to change capitalization of your username.

Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
etherflip (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:35:57 PM

I don't know a single other site that has a feature of allowing you to change capitalization of your username.

Undecided

Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Steam, eBay, Paypal, etc etc etc etc etc

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 3103

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2018, 11:56:17 PM

Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Steam, eBay, Paypal, etc etc etc etc etc

I checked Facebook - you can change the entire username - not just the capitalization.  I assume it's the same with the rest.

Your thread title is misleading if that is what you want.

There already is a process in place to change your BTC username if you want. 

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: