Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:02:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie starting out where to invest $500  (Read 569 times)
nebuch

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:36:20 AM

As the title suggest new to crypto, small investment of $500, which coins should I be looking to invest in?

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

You can go to coinmarketcap and look what coins suits you. You can buy many coins if you choose those cheap coins. Ofcourse don't forget to look at the quality and potential of the altcoins. You can search there ann thread and read the whitepaper to make sure if you are in the right ICO. Don't rush yourself make it easy in doing investments. Be careful and notice very well what you choose to not fall in the deep of bankruptcy. This is too risky in doing investment but be strong to take the risk.
xuyuanteng

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:22:08 AM

I also want to know. And I'm also a newbie to bitcoin
tutchpa

Activity: 196
Merit: 102

CV proof..best project 2018

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:44:26 AM

i recommend you to buy bitcoin and some altcoins from your usd 500. actually this is the best time to invest your money. cryptocurrency markets are highly undervalued at this time.so you can get maximum amount of coins at this moment.early Jan bitcoin was around 20000 usd now its around 8000 usd. so i advice to invest half of your capital on bitcoin and hold it for around 1-2 months. definitively it will hit 20000 usd in next 2-3 months.use other half (usd 250) for buy altcoins. more than buying lot of different coins in small amount,its better to invest in one or 2 good  projects and buy high amount of coins .at this moment i would like to suggest few good coins currently undervalued. sia coin/tron and ripple.all of them are very cheep and you can buy large bag form your money

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CVProof.com - SECURING JOB'S CREDENTIALS   ◆   [Join ICO Now]   ◆   Whitepaper / ANN Thread   ◆   TFSTL
Bacchu

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:30:11 AM

investment into bitcoin is safest off all time.This time is solute time to invest into bitcoin. the price hit soon double that I am hoping.beside bitcoin invest some of your USD into altcoin. don't put all of your eggs into one basket. every time try to put other and another basket your eggs.after investing your USD don't put your asset into exchange site.Withdraw them into your secure wallet.
LtMotioN

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 09:48:50 AM

Keep $400 one side and only go in with $100 at first, you will likely make some mistakes and lose some money while you learn. At least untill you are comfortable with sending funds around and using the correct wallets.. how ICOs work and all that.

Just get your feet wet man, and remember to question everything you see, dont risk too much into one thing. There are lots of scams out there.

I would advise that you split the full $500 up into different sized coins, such as 250 high caps(top 10) 150 mid caps(rank 11-30) 100 low caps( rank 31-70)
This would give you a nice split on risk/reward.

If you make some gains from these you can maybe move some into an ICO in a later date, but ICOs arent great if you are new due to the risk level.

My list of coin names to look into:
bitcoin
ethereum
eos
icon
litecoin
steem
cindicator

take  this with a grain of salt. dont ever buy anything just because someone said so  !

P.S. be careful of lending platforms Smiley

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
Digital Mutant

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:12:55 AM

learn learn learn learn
learn learn learn learn
learn learn learn learn

before buying anything

this is not a store, this is a new market, and it is very volatile now, never invest more that you can afford to loose

so, after that, listen to veterans, and then in order to start you will havo to buy bitcoins, not on coinbase(high fees) and then if you want you can exchange them for other cryptocurrencies

blockchain.info could be a good start

good luck!
slothtrooper (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 2

Namaste

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:31:57 PM

Much kudos to all of you for sharing your knowledge and experience, I have read them all twice. I invested the first $500 and will plan the next $500 I invest a little more wisely. Buying in the dip gives me a little buffer to screw up. I have mainly invested in the top 10 coins with ADA being my largest holding.

Tempted by XVG, the fact that it is open source, but the research cuts it as bad and good any thoughts on this coin are appreciated.

Once again a big thanks for sharing the wisdom
modimitali

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:54:20 PM

To answer direct to your question.
DeepOnion
Etherium
Ripple
Bitcoin cash
Iota
Fbo62

Activity: 52

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:39:12 PM

Try getting some Litecoin, the price is around 230$ a coin now and it is a unvalued coin. (if your going long term get it) If you want to go short term try bitcoin but it is very volatile.
juli50

Activity: 278
Merit: 101

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:57:34 PM

First of all, I recommend you to do your own research before buying any coin. In my case I started in september investing and I put almost all my money in deeponion coin. It is a privacy coin with a lot of unique features, so I really recommend it. The market cap is still really low so it is a good chance to make good profits, good luck!

NadiaHel

Activity: 336
Merit: 203

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:54:27 AM

As the title suggest new to crypto, small investment of $500, which coins should I be looking to invest in?

If there is money you can forget for a while, just get some BTC. If you want it to be profitable since the very first moment, then I would choose Clamcoin (for it can mine itself, and any cam you have will give you more clamcoin...)
Blockchaincoach

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:46:45 AM

I recommend this guide in general to get a quick overview. If you want to invest serious in cyrptocurrecies, you need to take your time - and getting real knowledge about the current and future situations of coins and blockchains.

https://medium.com/@nellsonx/how-to-properly-invest-in-bitcoin-blockchain-and-other-cryptocurrencies-in-2017-32d59e2ff435
burakdat

Activity: 252

"I invest and Doing Bounty Campaign"

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:44:11 AM

Invest your money directly to bitcoin but it seems your money could not be able to buy 1 bitcoin so I guess you need to save more than 500$. Just buy directly to bitcoin so that you could not have any trouble in coin exchange in the near future. And your money will not be wasted. Just buy directly your bitcoin to any websites that sell bitcoin. And before buying bitcoin double check the website and evaluate it's legibility. And when that time comes goodluck on your investment. May you find gainful transactions.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
King Pajeet

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:20:42 AM

This is speculation, but I recently invested in Bitcore and it is doing decently. I'm interested also in the Chainlink token on the Ethereum network which allows for real life integration of smart contracts.

● ALAX.io  | The Blockchain App Store Designed for Gamers
█ ██████████ █       TGE    17th Apr    █ ██████████ █
cryptoproLK

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:08:09 AM

I suggest you to invest on 20 crypto currencies with $25 for each..These is a good possibility on atlease 2,3 of those crypto currencies which will get 100x gain in  the future..
rajkr

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:55:19 AM

I think it is best time to buy BTC ,if u want to take less risk.Otherwise you can invest in alt coin electronium or cindicator.
JaredStein

Activity: 379
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:28:42 AM

You can buy bitcoin first to understand how bitcoin works.

Then you can use the bitcoin to but other altcoins too. You need to do research properly and see how to invest.
moneyangel

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:55:19 AM

I hope that you had already bought your bitcoin during the dip as the price where now climb to $10kUSD. Focus first on bitcoin as this coins is known as good coins as compared to altcoins. If you then had knowledge you can diversify your investments in altcoins to have a balance investment as we can't predict what coins will give you profits. Also, some altcoins can give you 10x, 50x profits. You just need to do your own research before investing in altcoins.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
Woterry

Activity: 168
Merit: 16

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:09:45 PM

My advise? Trading. And why? First, if you’re going to invest in trading, you will have no lost. Yes you may lost at some point but there’s guarantee of a win if you learn the right way of trading. Second, you can hold your money there and just let it sit until the flow of the coin goes up. You can cash out anytime if you need the money back. And third, learning the principles of trading is not easy, but once you get the hang of it, you’re $500, will make millions.

Tiim_Aly

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:38:12 PM

Start with trading Simulators and then go to big investing, I, for instance, started with Bitcoin Trading Simulator game at the beginning!

http://bitcoinflipapp.com
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: