Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:59:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You've been scammed. What you can do ?  (Read 1290 times)
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:18:53 PM

So everything is in the title.
What can you do when you have been scammed ? what are your possibilities to recover your funds, I mean here in the community, excepting going and report to the police.
You will lose everything when you get scammed in the Crypto market. Because this is an anonymous market in transactions and everything can be faked.
So you will need to be more careful in future transactions to avoid the risk of fraud. You can learn how to avoid being scammed by experts on this subject.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
The Monkey King

Activity: 284
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:27:24 PM

What can you do when you have been scammed ? what are your possibilities to recover your funds, I mean here in the community, excepting going and report to the police.

When you have been scammed then learn from your mistakes. Not all people are lucky to get what they have loss in scam. Do not trust people easily. You must know more about them before trusting them your assets. People can deceive you in many ways and be aware of that. Make sure you will not be scammed next time.
guon

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:34:01 PM

You need to report it because if you can't make a move, the criminals will just carry on doing exactly the same thing repeatedly with victims. There are organizations to choose from looking to aid you. Usually the one would be the ICCC or perhaps the Internet Crime Complaint Center that you could report the net extortion, identity fraud, hacking, Economic Espionage along with other major cyber crimes.
domari

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:34:33 PM

Maybe sincerely. Since we can not do anything, I mean do a lot. Because if you have been tricked on the crypto it may be difficult to return it again. All you need is to move on and work hard again to get what you've lost. That's the best way for you to forget about it.
jlanzago

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 04:39:24 PM

The only think you can really do is reporting to the authorities and to the community, to prevent other people for falling. And, very important, learn from your experience, learn your lesson so you would not fall for a scam ever again.

In a scam, you actually give away your private keys or you send money to the scammer, who fooled you.

Honestly there is really low change you will recover your funds, unless the scammer goes really stupid (uses for example the same address for all their scams, usually they change it and use a new one for each scam, so they go low profile and difficult to be identified).
thend1949

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:43:05 PM

if I am deceived other than to report the police maybe all I can do is resign for not doing much, if my revenge can not solve the problem, then the best way is to surrender to God hopefully the god who reply to his deeds
I've never been a victim of scam, but if were to be the victim-God forbid. What I would do is to learn from that mistake. Every experience, it could have a big or small impact in your life, it all gives a lot of lessons. Secure yourself from pretentious people and those who get your trust, do backgrounds check, and most importantly report scam and fraud. In these ways, it can help protect yourself and lessen the risks of scams.
Nilda

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:57:19 PM

Learn the lesson. Move on and just be careful next time. There’s no point in crying over spilt milk. Sadly, anonymity and untraceability is attracting the criminal types to go into cryptocurrency.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 05:19:02 PM

We must understand that Bitcoin and cryptocurrency are all about responsibilities and one gets what he deserves from his actions. However, if someone has lost his funds in any scam then, first of all, he should make sure that there is no miscommunication or misunderstanding because goodwill is the extremely valuable asset and if the user has concrete evidence and no justifying response from the group/company then he should immediately report it on the pages associated with that company so that other people won't invest in it until the issue is resolved. I am sceptical about getting funds back without legal procedure so the second best thing that one can do is to find the people who have lost funds in the same way and collectively take for the decision.
rahul10948

Activity: 378
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:21:49 PM

Its depend on what you are being scammed. if its not in crypto then you should report it because if you don't do something, the criminals will just keep doing the same thing over and over again to other victims. There are organizations out there that want to help you. The one is the ICCC or the Internet Crime Complaint Center that you can report the online extortion, identity theft, hacking, Economic Espionage and other major cyber crimes. But if you fooled in some ICO for now you can do anything as no regulation are there
copoyes

Activity: 616
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 05:40:29 PM

make a lesson, which is likely to sly or report to a particular party
such as the crypto community to ask for their help
to track scammed, or to mereport and tell others to be careful

patykuprova

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

Creative & digital marketing agency

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 06:17:59 PM

make a lesson, which is likely to sly or report to a particular party
such as the crypto community to ask for their help
to track scammed, or to mereport and tell others to be careful
I think everyone in real life will learn a lesson after they get scammed. Being scammed isn't a good way to learn things but it's the most effective way to learn something that normal way can't have.
Anyway, stay away from things those aren't trusted and be safe first when you're trying to do anything. Shouldn't get scammed is better than learning from it.

I have finished kyc but not get token yet. Telegram @BeansreaL
My Erc-20 address: 0xe3e21e290544471facac5b9fb51127b1a0725710
ogtejiri

Activity: 203

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 06:31:48 PM

Scamming is a potential risk that comes with cryptocurrency mostly in illegitimate sites. Other than contacting support to see if the scammer can be identified, or if the coins destination can be tracked for possible freezing, nothing else can actually be done where the internet is concerned. However, it can be avoided by visiting only legitimate sites and involving third party for guidance, especially for 1st timers.
Fancyax

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Personal Text: Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:01:54 PM

If you are scammed, the best thing for you is to put it behind your back. There is no way to get back your fund.

Kopceak_MD

Activity: 366
Merit: 14

Investment

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2018, 07:09:11 PM

When you have been scammed then learn from your mistakes. Not all people are lucky to get what they have loss in scam. Do not trust people easily. You must know more about them before trusting them your assets. People can deceive you in many ways and be aware of that. Make sure you will not be scammed next time.

I support them, we must learn from mistakes. But on the Internet there is so much deception, in life there is probably less, I do not go out into the street)
MorganFreemanBeard

Activity: 83

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:56:11 PM

There is nothing you really can do about it as bitcoin is very untraceable. So this is a double edged sworld it gives you the power of being tractable but it makes unable to trace who steals from you
kingofrogues07

Activity: 140
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:56:31 PM

here is little to none you can do after being scammed. I can't imagine all my hard work go to waste. I didn't even enjoy my fruits of labor now because its gone. You can try reporting it to the authorities but lets face it that won't actually help you at all
BlackSeaConqueror

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:57:05 PM

Experience is the best teacher. If you are scammed . You learn from your mistakes. And remember those that are greedy are the ones that really fall into scammer's trap
WesternCowboyBibop

Activity: 69

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:57:41 PM

It all depends on what legal right your situation. The best thing you can do is tell others about it. And never fall for the tricks of swindlers. You have to be careful and you can't trust anyone .
LetsTalkMoneyxD

Activity: 67

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:58:17 PM

Tracking crooks and tracing their IP addresses are all very difficult and require strong Internet technology. I think this is a very difficult matter.
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:59:24 PM

Depending on the amount lost and whether my own lack of due diligence played a role, I would go to the community here for help. I would not report it to the police.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: