Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:50:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US Gov gives cryptocurrency the green light - markets respond with an $83 billio  (Read 281 times)
anushkasachith888 (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:16:47 PM

It's been a truly great day in the cryptocurrency world!

The US Government today met on the topic, with the heads of the SEC coming face to face with Congress. (Link)  We were worried they'd ask for new laws and regulations - but they asked for none.

Beyond that, SEC and members of Congress made some surprising points - they understand the technology's potential, don't want to slow it down, and that at least for now - only crypto scammers need to fear the government.

How did the markets respond? With an $83 billion dollar boost! From a low of $278 billion cap - now leaping up to $363 billion.

Out of hot waters? At least for now, it appears so.

-------
Author: Mark Pippen
London News Desk

http://www.globalcryptopress.com/2018/02/us-gov-gives-cryptocurrency-green-light.html

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2452

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 04:32:19 PM

They are probaably preparing for the announcement of the FedCoin. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:33:46 PM

I am very happy to hear this news, and it will Bring a very good impact, and now bitcoin has started up and restore prices again, hopefully bitcoin prices will always go up with good news news.
Xavofat

Activity: 938
Merit: 559

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 04:55:46 PM

In the extremely unlikely scenario that they were, they would probably treat crypto more harshly rather than more favourably, since there would be no point in having a government blockchain system unless it was a permissioned and heavily regulated one.

I doubt that an event like this is really having such a significant effect on the price.  The US government didn't seem particularly hostile towards BTC before, so all this is is reassurance rather than any kind of dramatic change.

At this point, I suspect that most price movements are based on long-term speculation, and that's what's causing such wild swings.
newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:06:15 PM

Fedcoin - would be decentralized to various Federal Reserve banks

Banks hate Bitcoin , but love bitcoin technology
Reason - Digital transactions are quick, cheap and potentially a lot more secure than the system we have today.

us never do without any reason , There must be valid reason behind this

The US Government today met on the topic, with the heads of the SEC coming face to face with Congress. (Link)  We were worried they'd ask for new laws and regulations - but they asked for none.

Beyond that, SEC and members of Congress made some surprising points - they understand the technology's potential, don't want to slow it down, and that at least for now - only crypto scammers need to fear the government.

How did the markets respond? With an $83 billion dollar boost! From a low of $278 billion cap - now leaping up to $363 billion.

-------
London News Desk

http://www.globalcryptopress.com/2018/02/us-gov-gives-cryptocurrency-green-light.html

Whole bitcoin is based on news only one bad news bitcoin price down and one good news Bitcoin up ...

Its normal When bitcoin come down its sure it will rise with bounce back power
B!t_Kong

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:11:10 PM

There is no way crypto-currencies would have reach these heights,
without a wink and a nod from the 01%. Wink
CryptoDemonElite

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:14:30 PM

Lol, I didn't even think of that. After all these fear of regulation and banning, this might be their resolution. I can imagine them saying something like "Hey investor, are you tired of them unregulated non-traceable cryptocurrency screwing you over, well here is your protected regulated centralized currency fedcoin." Well time will tell.
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:18:24 PM

-------
London News Desk

It is better to give it green light because I am sure they understand they can't stop it. So why not try to regulate some part of it if they can? They are concerned with safety of investors and their money as this is whole new area for many people.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:20:51 PM

Why would the US government restrict crypto when they’re absorbing it as fast as they can. I think Wall Street believes they invented bitcoin now.

Besides, the Fascist States of America already has so many restrictive laws governing money flow that they don’t need new ones to control crypto. You can’t win money at a race track and deposit it into your bank account without your bank secretly sending a report on you to the federal government. And, when the government finds out about your winnings they have their hand out waiting for their cut of the money. The US is running the largest “protection racket” in the entire world.

Cryptocurrency only involves government when you exchange it for fiat. They don’t care if you trade pogs or Pokémon cards which is all cryptocurrency is before you exchange it.

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2018, 05:26:12 PM

Is it completely certain that this has something to do with the sudden increase in marketcap?
I would have expected this outcome regardless of whatever news came out, I think people just jump on the opportunity to buy cheap coins.

That said, it's amazing how much influence governments can have on the price, if this is indeed the sole reason for the price increase.

BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:48:34 PM

i kind of hoped more countries would have really banned bitcoin not just false news or like this one be in favor of it. specially if a big country like US banned it.

we will see a big hit to the price for sure but so what? people will finally realize that bitcoin was supposed to be a decentralized and censorship resistance currency if the news about some country banning bitcoin can affect it this much it means somewhere along the line we did something wrong which needs fixing.

There is a FOMO brewing...
StochasticOrder

Activity: 63
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 05:53:05 PM

This is also good news in the sense that it will bring more regular people into crypto, and therefore drive up demand and prices. A lot of people are risk averse and don't want to take the time necessary to understand crypto, find the best places/methods to purchase it, setup a wallet and ensure secure storage, etc. When they start to see it achieve more mainline credentials they will feel more comfortable in investing and increasing prices, which will be great for us old timers with our drastically reduced cost basis.
anushkasachith888 (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:34:14 PM

Indeed This is a good news at the moment. Also When I saw this green light news. I got a feeling again that Crypto will never die. somehow it will survive facing lot of challenges even in the future.
Love cryptocurrency...

pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:42:30 PM

I didn't hear of this until now.
US was the last government I'd expect to act like this and gotta admit, they have done something pretty decent,that too it was from the SEC. I did know that they were fighting lawsuits against crypto - scammers.
This maybe a little heads up that us maybe putting taxes for cryptos and all. Let's wait and watch what those racist bastards have got for bitcoiners.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
therealbtcdave

Activity: 12
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:44:12 PM

This is great, I hope the momentum keeps going. Thanks for sharing.
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:45:08 PM

I am more and more convinced that what we have witnessed could have been just one big show so as to dump the price and allow some US bankers to load their bags with cheap BTCs... First the FUD everywhere, now the sudden good news..

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
oviudiu

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:46:03 PM

-------
London News Desk

That's great news bro! Slowly, the bans of banks on crypto will lift and more and more countries will start accepting crypto currencies. Sooner or later full integration will occur.
HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 06:59:32 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2018, 11:32:53 PM by HasHe

After suffering from continuous negative news and factors,this might be a little bit relief for bitcoin.It would reflect in the bitcoin price in the upcoming days.Not only US, but also other nations have started to take a friendly approach towards cryptos which has triggered the crypto market. Even Singapore recently announced that they have no idea of banning cryptos totally and they just need to regulate to avoid scams.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:13:03 PM

I like the complete shift of the mainstream media in the last few days. Before this fairly positive news came out, the media was pointing at more governments cracking down on Bitcoin being the reason for the decline, and after the results were positive, the media turned positive as well, how funny. What I like even more are the reactions and the dislikes/downvotes of videos and articles -- people are slowly but surely waking up and realizing see how stupid this all is. Crypto is booming and attracts visitors, and the mainstream media is well aware of that, which is why they ride the waves of this volatile market, and they absolutely love it.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 07:40:05 PM

still a tiny tiny rise compared to apparently catastrophic falls based upon

1. a country that was already out months ago announcing we reallly are out we were not kidding

2. a country saying they are out but then straight away saying we just want tax on the profits

3. a minister saying you can't buy things with it right now

4. a dumb shit idea like tether that introduces complete trust to a trustless decentralised arena being recognised as a dumb shit idea...

5. facebook saying no more adverts because 90 % of our users are thick as fuck and will be scammed by fake crypto rather than research themselves before investing money. I mean if they did not hear about crypto by now and have not conducted their own research into it but then suddenly willing to invest their money with some stranger on the internets then of course these people should have their computers taken away before they hurt themselves.

so

1. bad news we knew about already
2. good news regulation and acceptance for mainstream.
3. nothing of real note
4. good move
5. who cares about ico scams not being able to advertise and ruin the reputation of crypto

so from that we crash from 20k to 6k

then we get the USA more or less saying cryto bring on it mainstream...... I mean that green light to me is 100x the points above and we go

6k to 8k

this rise is nothing.

Still i see on this board a bunch of zero post zero merit noob trash reposting fud daily.

The US just crashed your FUD party ..........

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: