Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:37:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40]
  Print  
Author Topic: The problem with atheism.  (Read 38421 times)
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 03:15:47 PM

Let me start by making it clear that I am an atheist.

The problem I have with the atheist agenda is that is stops at 'the non existence of God' - the same logic is not applied consistently to the whole of the human condition.

If I examine my life and use this same 'spaghetti monster' logic, I am drawn to the same conclusions about all my actions and activities - they are all as equally pointless and irrational as worshiping God.

If I rationally examine my sense of self I realize that it is just a genetic innovation - it encourages self preservation - genetic selfishness creates a genetically induced illusion of self worth.

My desire to survive is itself as delusional as a belief in God - pain and my fear of pain are a genetically induced survival mechanism I am in thrall to.

If I believe in God and survive then it is no different to not believing in God and surviving - nature will select for survival.

But my actual survival is meaningless whether I believe in God or otherwise.

This is the only conclusion that can be logically formed from a real examination of life.

Atheism is merely another tribal display - a peacock's tail trying to attract a mate through a verbal display of intelligence.

I respect your opinion and principle sir, you view the world differently in your own perspective, Believing into something we cant see is obviously impossible for you to put your faith into something like that. The point is, you have your own angle of truth, the same with people who believe in "God". They have their own version of truth. Maybe your right or maybe your wrong at all. Im not sure.
No one can prove anything because both have loopholes.
I believe there's a creator/god. But i respect yours sir.

Truth is not subjective.  There is no physical evidence in any of the 5000+ gods humanity invented over the years.

Like they say, truth will set you free.  It is very liberating.

JonathanCoper

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:28:30 PM

Atheism makes no sense. If you want to call yourself an atheist because you don't believe there's a god, that's fine. But to try to claim that there can't be a god is just utterly insane.

In order of logic, from sane to insane:
Agnosticism: "There might be a moose in these woods."
Theism: "There is a moose in these woods, but I have no evidence."
Atheism: "There can't possibly, under any circumstance or at any point in time, be a moose in these woods, but I have no proof."
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4396
Merit: 3062

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 01:54:22 PM

Atheism: "There can't possibly, under any circumstance or at any point in time, be a moose in these woods, but I have no proof."
That's the second-worst analogy I ever heard, and not just because I happen to live right next to a wood that I can confidently state there is no moose in.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2018, 02:24:26 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2018, 03:24:27 PM by af_newbie

Atheism makes no sense. If you want to call yourself an atheist because you don't believe there's a god, that's fine. But to try to claim that there can't be a god is just utterly insane.

Moose exist (we have a direct physical evidence). Try unicorn.

Agnosticism: "There might be a unicorn in these woods."
Theism: "There is a unicorn in these woods, but I have no evidence."
Atheism: "There can't possibly, under any circumstance or at any point in time, be a unicorn in these woods, but I have no proof."

KatelynCooper

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 08:52:29 PM

I actually like atheists because they have a relatively open minds with logic chippering but what I hate is the religious atheists when they get all religious on me about how theism wasted my life and I would be better off it and if I don't get to be an atheist I will burn in atheists' hell  Roll Eyes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40]
  Print  

Jump to: