Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:45:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 weeks after  (Read 385 times)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 11:20:35 PM

I like movies that show how society will eventually break down.

Please fix your grammar.  Future tense is incorrect here, as is your usage of the adverb “eventually”.

The post is exactly how I intended it to be worded.  Smiley

Society cannot continue even another hundred years the way we are now.  We have our first major city running out of water this year.  India is slowly cutting off Pakistan's water supply because they need the water too - and they are both nuclear armed.

"Zombies" are an excellent method of showing how biological warfare would break out.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
celtic99

Activity: 364
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 11:36:32 PM
Merited by Vod (1)

Please fix your grammar.  Future tense is incorrect here, as is your usage of the adverb “eventually”.

The post is exactly how I intended it to be worded.  Smiley

Society cannot continue even another hundred years the way we are now.  We have our first major city running out of water this year.  India is slowly cutting off Pakistan's water supply because they need the water too - and they are both nuclear armed.

"Zombies" are an excellent method of showing how biological warfare would break out.

Greed is killing the world.  No man should be able to own millions of acres of land.  The system is completely ridiculous.  Bankers creating money out of nothing enslaving citizens.  Governments owning huge amounts of land, WHY SHOULD YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR PLANET EARTh.  You should not be able to own land in ridiculous amounts except your house.  People are driven by materialistic mindsets that enslave us.  Our possessions end up owning us.  Rich oil arabs doing anything to stop free energy, corporations polluting the earth in name of profits.

We would all be better off as hunter gatherers.  

ps: bird is the word
MJK_Anfaenger

Activity: 196
Merit: 46

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 11:38:14 PM

Non-native speaker stopping by. What's wrong with his wording? Future tense is used for making predictions, right? Could you elaborate?
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 11:53:07 PM

Non-native speaker stopping by. What's wrong with his wording? Future tense is used for making predictions, right? Could you elaborate?

My wording was correct because I was making a prediction.  I believe nullius has a more optimistic view of the future than I do.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 11:54:02 PM
Merited by zikabra (1)

The post is exactly how I intended it to be worded.  Smiley

Society cannot continue even another hundred years the way we are now.

I thought it clear, my implication was past-tense.  You are most of a hundred years out of date for the collapse of anything which could be properly called a functioning “society”.  Some might say, more than a hundred years.  The problem is that those living in a post-apocalyptic desert of downfallen, zombie-like anthropoids have already forgotten what it means to be human—what it meant, once upon a time.

By comparison, Roman society was a zombified rotting corpse for four or five centuries before the civil machine built by long-gone forebears ran out of momentum.  I can see how greater technology could have accelerated the ultimate downfall in various ways.

What’s left is to secure yourself, take care of your own, live by honour alone whereas law is meaningless, keep busy with something productive, and try to have some fun.

We would all be better off as hunter gatherers.

Hell, no.  Primitivist glorification of savagery is fit only for savages.  It would be better for so-called “humanity” to go extinct—a not unlikely end, at this rate.

It was a sociopolitical statement wrapped with dry humour in the guise of a grammar flame.  There was nothing wrong with Vod’s grammar, insofar as it properly expressed what he meant to say.  I was subtly suggesting that the event he described in future tense is an eventuality which already occurred, past perfect.

My wording was correct because I was making a prediction.  I believe nullius has a more optimistic view of the future than I do.  Smiley

To the contrary!  You have it backwards.  I wish I had just pushed through the post which comprises the first part above.  I kept having to pause and go add replies to additional posts.  This happens to me all too often.

“Optimism is cowardice.” — Spengler (writing most of a hundred years ago)

Now, this discussion is far off-topic.  If you want to take it up in Politics & Society, then... no, actually, I don’t.  I think I should leave it at that, and go do something productive and/or have fun.

etherflip
Copper Member

Activity: 103
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:44:45 AM

We've turned Meta round, now it is At'em. Smiley

Meta is the new Meta

diemquy057

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:48:37 AM

but I guess that might kill the Beginners section. newbies can't reward elders with merit so that would be no point for lot of guys to hang out there. they gotta do somethin with it
Older members were helping newbies before merit I don't see reason why would they stop now. This is forum. It is meant for help and discussion. You are talking like forum will stop working Roll Eyes
Agree. Helpful users always (most of the time) be helpful. Nothing can change them, affect or prevent them to be helpful. With or without merit system, they are helpful users.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: