Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:24:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You missed all the trains, not just bitcoin  (Read 2727 times)
KourtneyK

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:45:53 PM

We may have missed a lot of trains but we can still catch up with other trains too you know. We can't do anything about what had been done because we can't rewind the past, instead we should move forward and carry on then make the most out of it. Anyways, there are still a lot of opportunities to make millions out of some coin; we just have to be patient and work hard for it and of course never stop learning about new things. Hard work always pays off if you learn to wait.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:01:46 PM

I have read many posts of people saying they are sorry to have missed Bitcoin. But I wonder if they realise that there have been more than 20 trains out there that could have made them millionaires.

They have managed to miss at least all these, some of them as recent as July last year. It is not that you missed Bitcoin, is that you (and I) just missed many many others Roll Eyes

NXT          2013-09-28            +1084215%
IOTA         2015-11-25            +418179%
Neo           2015-10-01           +354482%
Ethereum   2014-07-22           +265772%

And the recent ones...
Populous      2017-06-24          +12181%
QTUM          2017-03-12           +10091%

Be honest to yourself... you did have a chance!

Focusing on only the coins that have turned out well without considering the several hundreds that have died along the line is making one sided argument. In as much as there are some that have been worthwhile, for you not to have missed the train is a matter of chance and not because you are smart. Every individual investing in alts is doing it with the sole purpose in mind and that is not missing the train and the moment you are very unlucky either by your design or the activities of other individuals, you then need to wait for the next train or you forget about the train and just wait at the next bus-stop to join the train. 
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2870
Merit: 773

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:58:50 PM

I have read many posts of people saying they are sorry to have missed Bitcoin. But I wonder if they realise that there have been more than 20 trains out there that could have made them millionaires.

They have managed to miss at least all these, some of them as recent as July last year. It is not that you missed Bitcoin, is that you (and I) just missed many many others Roll Eyes

And the recent ones...

But the question is? We didnt even know on these coins to grow like this because along the way for sure we would really sell out for earliest times which is normal for a trader and i do believe only a few did really held off for long term but most of them do really sell out along the way which its really a regretful thing but its already late for them to realize.We cant go back in time while they are still cheap but we should think that we did make out of money of those coins.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Airdrop Manager

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:14:11 PM

Cryptocurrencies is an incredible market and we have to admit that there are so many opportunities, we'll never get them all. Never look back in the crypto, but always focus on the future. !
maks12345

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:22:38 PM

I very much regret that I did not buy bitcoin before. It now stimulates to look for other options. We can not see the future. Errors of the past give us intuition. Let's look for new ways to earn money!
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:50:19 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

Actually, no you didn't have that much of a chance. You posted 5 "trains" there, and yes there were a lot more, and even recently we had U.cash and E-coin with profits of 1000% which is just crazy. But the thing is, that you had plenty of scams that came along with those good wins, and you also had plenty o projects that weren't scams but didn't really paid off. So it would still be hard to make a good investment on those few projects. I considered invested in NEO and Qtum for example, and on a few more you didn't mention there, but I know I also thought about investing on some others that went bust.

We just have to many options there, and it's hard to tell which ones are good. To be honest I don't even know if those 5 you mentioned are good projects and will survive (expect for Ethereum, that I really think it's a good project, just like Bitcoin).
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:50:59 PM

There are always good opportunities that come out. But I guess people who think they miss the train don't really know a lot about the crypto. If you take time to read and be informed, you can cquickly feel that it's just the beginning and new projects can could worth a lot in the coming months

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
btc_angela

Activity: 2618
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:40:00 PM

Its really hard to see because of so many coins out there and their are chances that you have have missed something but invest on others as well and ride the hype train.

So I said that they are a lot of opportunities to make money out of the market. Not just the coins mentioned by the OP. So if are disappointed, then think again, explore coins, specially those who have a good team behind, it could be a hit or miss or your end, but you will never know that you are going to hit a diamond in the rough.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:03:13 PM

Focusing on only the coins that have turned out well without considering the several hundreds that have died along the line is making one sided argument. In as much as there are some that have been worthwhile, for you not to have missed the train is a matter of chance and not because you are smart. Every individual investing in alts is doing it with the sole purpose in mind and that is not missing the train and the moment you are very unlucky either by your design or the activities of other individuals, you then need to wait for the next train or you forget about the train and just wait at the next bus-stop to join the train. 

It's called cherry picking, or selection bias. Obviously, a dozen or even less "prosperous" coins are not representative of the whole altcoin market. For example, people hear a lot about the dudes who had won a lottery but no one knows about the ones who didn't make it despite the fact they may have been trying for years. To get a real understanding of our chances we should consider the whole "population" of coins and how many of them were successful.
hudas10

Activity: 118

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:27:01 PM

yeah crypto currencies like a train if you dont look all the time you miss it the  high price if you are traders you need to focus on trading if you're not focusing you will miss the price like a train
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:48:24 PM

It is true that everyone had more than enough opportunity to make a ton of money with the little investments they could make in the crypto currency market and majority of them might have missed the boat,but bitcoin is being looked as the ultimate profit vehicle by everyone to make the best profit because of the massive potential,but never miss out on good projects too.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:48:59 PM

how many people stayed on those trains to the end of the line? very, very few. how many people will do it again in future? just as few.

that's fine. that's how it should be. but it should also be a lesson to the dumb people on here who think they're heroes flipping a coin for a few bucks and sneering at hodlers.

to get the really powerful returns you have to wait years and sit through what seems like an eternity of nothingness and fud. that doesn't mesh too well with the mindset that's hungry for returns in the thousands of per cent.

what's the moral? zoom out and sit it out.
The Crypto of the Opera

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:04:38 PM

It simple to regret the missing of a train, after we know what destination had.
There are a lot of trains now, but... where are they going?
btrice7

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:11:41 PM

I thought that too, everyone is looking at Bitcoin but others are important too.maybe we will evaluate the opportunities after that..
cryptonomics.global

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:36:32 PM

Nobody knows what will be on May-June period. Traditionally all cryptocurrencies are getting higher theese period.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:37:34 PM

how many people stayed on those trains to the end of the line? very, very few. how many people will do it again in future? just as few.

what's the moral? zoom out and sit it out.
That is the reality,no one sticks on to their coins for a long time,the people who started with bitcoin,majority of the users sold their coins below thousand dollars ,because that is the profit they anticipated in the first place and that is the case with the rest of the coins ,sure you could make a good profit but is it possible to get the maximum profit,yes you can if you are good at trading and anticipating when the market is going to move up and when you are going to have a correction,or you can invest and sit back and wait for the long term,either way you have to monitor the market because you never know what is going to happen for some of the new tokens in the market ,few years from now. Smiley
mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:04:12 PM

Yup everyone missed trains, i bet none of you did bet on facebook or apple at the time.

Is it affecting the way you're making decision ? Let's hope not.

If you're always looking back on what you could have had, you're never paying as much attention to potential opportunity, or worst you can make bad decision on psychological anchoring.

That said, it's still sad to see how it would have been such a low risk bet at the time  Grin

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
Cryptoforus Columbus

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:44:56 PM

Well, may be wi missed the "big" train, but we are still a very small group of pioneers, because the rest of poplation has no idea about bitocoin.
So we have still a lot of opportunities to profit from.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 11:54:18 PM

And the recent ones...

It's basically a gamble and you have nothing much to do but hope that the coin you've invested in would have a good future. You are definitely lucky if it makes a good performance in the market because plenty of coins die before even making it to the exchanges. There are many other trains but it is likely that it may take a long time or even years before it takes off. It's just a matter of choosing the right train with the right tracks.
icopir

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:14:32 AM

It can be assumed that only the bitcoin I had time for the etherium and other altcoyins passed by since I focused all my attention on the BTC and how I believe that I did something stupid, now I regret it
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: