Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:21:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nevra (XEV) - Project is Terminated  (Read 11604 times)
Azt0c

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:59:47 PM

I really like the fair distribution of this coin.
It also great to see someone using the NEM platform for the airdrop.

I hope that I will pass the evaluation for the airdrop  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:02:27 PM

Addressing a valid concern i received via PM:

I am a bit worried about the current distribution scheme, if people are only required to post a thoughtful paragraph, i'm not sure how much they will be committed to the long term development and success of Nevra. I think there should be weekly reviews where members contributions to the forum are counted, and then when time for distribution comes, those who were most active in trying to create a discussion should get larger stakes, that way people have to invest more time to get these Nevra stakes.

I want to say thank you for your concerns and feedback.

You bring up a valid and real concern, which will be addressed in the following ways. When we enter the end of the distribution, it will be required to have your NEM address posted in a field on your profile, and those users who don't keep up with the information won't know to do so. So there is incitement to keep up with the thread for the distribution of NevraStake. Along with that, accounts that remain inactive, will be fully realized when we go through all accounts in a strict fashion, and those users who potentially were real, and want the stakes, that were filtered, will have to actively appeal the decision.

Aside from that, once the mainnet goes live, there will be a swap period, and all the information will be posted on the thread on Bitcointalk.

We don't want to discourage users to harshly based on their posts on Bitcointalk, because the filter period will be strict as hell against puppets. But in regards to those being active on the discussions, i greatly appreciate that, but will not receive a larger reward. I know this may discouraging to actively participate, but all airdrop coins suffer the same condition.

Although, not to say what you're saying is going to be completely neglected, i'm going be discussing this with the team, and potentially we may be able to allocate some funds to the users who've gone above and beyond to assist this project.

It shouldn't become a spamfest. But I think it would be reasonable to expect participating accounts to at least be somewhat active on bitcointalk. Maybe not necessarily in the thread but just on the board in general.
crypto_immunologist

Activity: 15
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:06:51 PM
Merited by acryptodealer (1)

In spite of being still at newbie level, I'm all in on crypto.  New projects, especially ones that attempt group loyalty via a shared distribution - have a high likelihood of building a strong community and long-term success.  Airdrops have built some of the strongest communities I've come across yet.

I would love to be able to contribute to this project after becoming a stakeholder with branding support - I'm a professional photographer/cinematographer and would love to help contribute a modern and crisp look to the launched website, etc.
Bouriffe

Activity: 336
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:13:26 PM

I posted on the French topic but the advice was to join the English topic in order to be registered. So here I am. Thanks.

💎💎💎 INNERCORE: Infrastructure Platform for DApps 💎💎💎
💎💎💎 If you ❤ Innercore Bounty Contest, then you will ❤❤❤ Buzzin Super Bounty !!! 💎💎💎

DanWagner

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:31:30 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2018, 12:18:20 AM by DanWagner

This all looks good , it is a good attempt at a fair distribution which is hard to find right now. I'm also wondering what is your take on smart-contracts since i didn't see it mentioned in the whitepaper but i saw it mentioned in a post here.
serathy

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:37:53 PM

Polish translation reserved - if that one helps with the project.
acryptodealer

Activity: 52
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:53:02 AM

Newbie and Jr. Members will have to acquire at least 1 merit from another SR-Member or higher on the thread to be eligible for 1 NevraStake...

Well, that takes me out of the running for the moment -- it's really out of a poster's control whether or not they get a Merit.  Smiley  But in any case, I still support the ideas here, and hope Nevra/XEV succeeds.

Whether someone gives you merit is out of your control. However, the quality of the content you post is under your control. While your response is half right, you neglect the fact that if you add something interesting or valuable to the conversation multiple times, you will eventually get merited. Post more than 2 sentences on your thoughts of this currency next time and you will be a lot more likely to receive merit. Smiley
cryptoRX

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:22:26 AM

Newbie and Jr. Members will have to acquire at least 1 merit from another SR-Member or higher on the thread to be eligible for 1 NevraStake...

Well, that takes me out of the running for the moment -- it's really out of a poster's control whether or not they get a Merit.  Smiley  But in any case, I still support the ideas here, and hope Nevra/XEV succeeds.

Whether someone gives you merit is out of your control. However, the quality of the content you post is under your control. While your response is half right, you neglect the fact that if you add something interesting or valuable to the conversation multiple times, you will eventually get merited. Post more than 2 sentences on your thoughts of this currency next time and you will be a lot more likely to receive merit. Smiley

That's a very good point. Essentially the requirement of 1 merit for Newbie and Jr. Members is to prevent people from creating numerous accounts to exploit the system.

And it's true that you can't force anyone to give you merit but as @acryptodealer has mentioned, if your posts are consistently of a high quality, you will be bound to pick up a merit point over a period of time. If not here.  Wink
turkiman

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:31:55 AM

one of the new coin distribution innovations, it is very interesting but requires a team and dev structure that is very responsible for this project every time because it will be a lot of work for dev. I strongly support this project to achieve its target.

════════⟹  Pro Fish  ⟸════════
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
⋄❖⋄ Twitter ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Instagram
waiberz

Activity: 479
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:37:38 AM

If you need a filipino translation.
Count me in....
ultimatum2201

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:39:14 AM

good airdrop!
brokk

Activity: 375
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:57:46 AM
Merited by gerdab (1)

Hum, this is interesting project really, never seen an airdrop distribution like this one, there's nothing that I love more than projects that are 100% fair and transparent, I gave the twitter account a follow will be interesting to see the developments on this one. And yeah it's pretty hard to find interested AND invested members on this forum if they see "Airdrop" in the thread title they all go all crazy with their spammy comments "good airdrop", "solid project", etc etc, looking like they really like the coins when all they want is receive the tokens to dump them at the first chance they get for some quick bucks, pretty sad but yeah it's what happens here.

I'm native Spanish language speaker I could help with Spanish translation if you need I've never done a thread translation here but I think I can do it decently, let me know if you want me to do it I have plenty of free time  Grin

Also, could you give us some more information about the team behind Nevra? Is it all you (tk808) doing all the work or you have more people behind the scenes?

Best of luck!
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:21:57 AM

You're right that your content is totally under your control, but I think the new merit system will probably create forum factions of users who merit within their small social circles, and obviously we'll have merits black market.

People can clearly see the issues with this idea - look here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.msg30389389#msg30389389

but maybe it just needs time for users to get used to it - maybe...

Also, look at the quote from merit page - what does it mean? That if you won't be giving out your sMerits, you can be punished and deprived of them
There is no point in hoarding sMerit; keeping it yourself does not benefit you, and we reserve the right to decay unused sMerit in the future.

And last but not least - look at the posts of one of the top-merited users   Grin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;u=886352
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=topusers

Or this one - how are you going to verify the quality of those Russian posts?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;u=1108331

Bonus - if you haven't seen yet   Wink
https://i.imgur.com/n4IkACk.jpg
maracuja1

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:40:43 AM

Hi tomkat,

I can see your point when looking at some links you posted, in no way do those qualify for merit but in the case of this airdrop, only merit sent by the main developer, tk808, count. I know from my short time here how difficult it is to get any merit points, I have been trying my best so far to get some but no luck yet, but I will keep trying to write helpful and informed posts nonetheless.
PGPpfKkx

Activity: 586
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:00:14 PM
Merited by gerdab (1)

I like the idea of a fair airdrop but allow me to be a bit critical. The fact that someone goes through my thought process and decides if it is "adequate" for inclusion means that the poor uneducated third world friends are totally excluded. If it comes down to this then maybe an iq test or bachelor degree should be stated as a requirement. Otherwise if everybody is included then some other proof like KYC/ID, email + social profile or something else should suffice to ensure people do not abuse the airdrop.

I am not saying it's bad and I would like to be a stakeholder because as a hero member from 2011 I am very interested in new developments in the space.

Good luck
BlackRock

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:24:42 PM

The current stakeholders sheet is done. This does not reflect in any way a guarantee of filtering or inclusion in the stakeholders. It's merely an acknowledgement and consolidation of all the users on this thread, who've shown their interest towards being a stakeholder.

If there is any error, any entries counted twice, let me know VIA pm only. Again, this is a rough outline.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14-T3vlhQhs7djDLb8TEvDrLHKbeomT4dH4dKmVpn1m8/edit?usp=sharing

Our website should be available by this weekend.

Edit: We're still actively recruiting blockchain developers, DM me if you're interested.
I am really impressed with the transparency and progress of the work, just as described in OP
If you can start a discord group or a forum,it will help community to interact ,engage and share ideas better

pinball_wizard

Activity: 702
Merit: 102

I am the Kung Fury...

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:39:33 PM

Well well...community is growing and discussion too. Good signs! Distribution system will be under the radar of the community and this is good because we can model a bit with our ideas. Like the ideal of going out of the scheme of this period of : ICO's, mn auctions, scammy forms....really good!

There will be some possibility to help the test net dev?

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
pinball_wizard

Activity: 702
Merit: 102

I am the Kung Fury...

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:40:30 PM

I like the idea of a fair airdrop but allow me to be a bit critical. The fact that someone goes through my thought process and decides if it is "adequate" for inclusion means that the poor uneducated third world friends are totally excluded. If it comes down to this then maybe an iq test or bachelor degree should be stated as a requirement. Otherwise if everybody is included then some other proof like KYC/ID, email + social profile or something else should suffice to ensure people do not abuse the airdrop.

I am not saying it's bad and I would like to be a stakeholder because as a hero member from 2011 I am very interested in new developments in the space.

Good luck

Your idea could be right, but nothing is perfect in this world and this kind of distribution is so much transparent than many others....

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
CasualSam

Activity: 85
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:21:08 PM
Merited by tomkat (1)

Good luck

Your idea could be right, but nothing is perfect in this world and this kind of distribution is so much transparent than many others....

I think mentioning kyc is taking it a few steps too far to be honest (I would never give someone on here my personal information no matter how good a project looks).

Just read through the thread a bit, seems like the dev already has a good grasp of how things should or shouldn't be done. Interested to see what this will develop into.

maracuja1

Activity: 28
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:55:09 PM

Hi tomkat,

I can see your point when looking at some links you posted, in no way do those qualify for merit but in the case of this airdrop, only merit sent by the main developer, tk808, count. I know from my short time here how difficult it is to get any merit points, I have been trying my best so far to get some but no luck yet, but I will keep trying to write helpful and informed posts nonetheless.

While i do actively merit, all SR Members+ Can merit anyone's post here. It's a tricky solution, but even if a user doesn't have a merrit, we're still looking at everyone's post and if they did not receive it at the time, it doesn't necessarily means they are entirely discluded. If anyone shows great interest in this coin, it will not go unnoticed.

Hi tk808,

Thank your for specifying that and also adding me to the initial list. Coming back to the project, I understand it will be pure POS, not DPOS and staking will be done from within the wallets? Also it's use will be as a currency or will it have another utility in the Nevra (XEV) framework?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: