Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:08:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Synaptic Polluting Thread and the Ignore Button  (Read 3173 times)
kiba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 01:17:01 AM

Though there is a risk of ignoring things we don't want to hear..there are some people who sprout poor quality craps.

One person is Synaptic. While I am grateful for him for promoting my comics through trolling, I am not grateful for pollution where I am attempting to solve a quality issue with my comics.

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 01:47:52 AM

Please click the 'Report to Moderator' button at the lower right of any posts you feel are inappropriate.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 01:54:51 AM

Please click the 'Report to Moderator' button at the lower right of any posts you feel are inappropriate.

Is attempting to troll somebody and not contributing useful information ground for banning?

Note: I know that troll is overused or abused..

Even so, I would prefer the ability to ignore somebody rather than banning someone outright.

error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 02:13:03 AM

Is attempting to troll somebody and not contributing useful information ground for banning?

Note: I know that troll is overused or abused..

Even so, I would prefer the ability to ignore somebody rather than banning someone outright.

I think the trolls have overrun this forum to the point of making it nearly unusable. Cleaning it up would require much more heavy handed moderation, and if that happens, you will be sure to see lots of cries of "CENSORSHIP!!!!!!111111oneone" from the same trolls. Even that would be an improvement, I think.

That said, the ignore user mod would be a nice thing to have.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1068

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 02:40:44 AM

Why you call them trolls? There's a need to bring in people willing to take the other (stupid) side of the trades on the exchange.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
Synaptic

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 03:11:05 AM

Cry wolf because you asked for criticism and didn't like what you got.

Sorry toosie, but you're going to have to learn that the world isn't full of fairy farts and rainbows.

If you aren't prepared to be criticized don't ask for criticism, sweetheart.
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 04:11:24 AM

Why you call them trolls? There's a need to bring in people willing to take the other (stupid) side of the trades on the exchange.

They are trolls when I have judge them to be contributing noise and feed lot of needless anger.

There's a difference between not liking a particular arguments for a position, and not liking people who contributed noise.

Synaptic

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 04:13:20 AM

They are trolls when I have judge them to be contributing noise and feed lot of needless anger.

There's a difference between not liking a particular arguments for a position, and not liking people who contributed noise.

HEY! Welcome to the club...

Anytime I create a topic I'm trounced on immediately by morons who simply don't like the message.

It cuts both ways, so I suppose you ought to get used to it, no?
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1068

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 05:00:58 AM

They are trolls when I have judge them to be contributing noise
Thank God you aren't a judge. You aren't even a moderator. Hopefully real moderators will keep this board accessible to both the proponents and the opponents.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 05:06:56 AM

They are trolls when I have judge them to be contributing noise
Thank God you aren't a judge. You aren't even a moderator. Hopefully real moderators will keep this board accessible to both the proponents and the opponents.
When somebody insult you, generally being rude, and calling you names, you want to ban/censor them.

I was a moderator and then I declined to keep the job(after having the job fostered reluctantly on me) because it's a job that I don't want.

I also despise censorships and after seeing what happens here, I despise it even more. It's a good thing that I exercised reluctance in reporting them to the mod.

wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 08:02:27 AM

I don't think I understand Synaptic.

It's comparable to someone that joins a Pokemon forum and then start arguing with people that Pokemon sucks, the drawing is ugly, the story is shallow and <insert other cartoon> is so much better. Pointless. Though we somehow invite these kinds of discussions by having "Politics" and "General discussion" forums in the first place.

However, unless he really abuses the forum I'm heavily against banning... people are adult enough to form their own opinion on him.

Off-topic posts that hijack topics should be deleted ruthlessly though. I wonder what happened to that stricter moderation proposal?

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12983

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 08:42:25 AM

I tried to install the "ignore user" mod, but it broke the forum, so I had to uninstall it. Maybe I'll try to fix it sometime in the future.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Xephan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 08:52:34 AM

I don't think I understand Synaptic.

I think maybe he's just an egocentric guy who feels he's superior to those he deems as intellectual inferiors for believing in what he considers a worthless/stupid idea, so therefore feels he is justified in talking down and generally being rude to them.
Synaptic

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 08:06:38 PM

It's simple:

I at one time held a financial stake in bitcoins, became involved, saw many other becoming involved, saw that it was a worthless racket leading to ruin, sold off my stake, and now enjoy possibly saving others the sorrow of losing out on this losers market.

Also, I enjoy it. As I've said before, I have a compulsion toward cheap entertainment, and this forum satisfies that as well as offering occasional debate practice, as well as honing my wit in some small manner.
spruce

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 08:09:28 PM

I tried to install the "ignore user" mod, but it broke the forum, so I had to uninstall it. Maybe I'll try to fix it sometime in the future.

Yes please. Smiley
Coolhwip

Activity: 119

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 03:33:16 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2011, 12:46:29 PM by Coolhwip

Synaptic is just noise, and noise can be squelched Smiley
Smalleyster

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 03:44:41 AM

Back in the day of Usenet we had the wonderful "kill file". Any user in it your newsreader would just ignore and not present you with their posts. It was wonderful.

8^)

Feel like investing in a Miner?:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=30044.msg377773#msg377773
A soup to nuts newbee system for a secure, portable USB wallet (free instructions):
NoobHowTo: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27088.msg341387#msg341387
Synaptic

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 03:57:53 AM

Back in the day of Usenet we had the wonderful "kill file". Any user in it your newsreader would just ignore and not present you with their posts. It was wonderful.

8^)

Ah, and hello again from the Synaptic bashing thread.

Yeah, isn't it great when you can ignore everything that doesn't agree with your narrow world view?

Again, welcome to fold, asshole.
Smalleyster

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2011, 04:59:08 AM

8^)

Yeah, isn't it great when you can ignore everything that doesn't agree with your narrow world view?

Dosen't take you long to catch on does it?

Feel like investing in a Miner?:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=30044.msg377773#msg377773
A soup to nuts newbee system for a secure, portable USB wallet (free instructions):
NoobHowTo: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27088.msg341387#msg341387
Synaptic

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 05:12:52 AM

8^)

Dosen't take you long to catch on does it?

First thing you've said of any value.

And yes, I caught on to bitcoin's bullshit even before I started mining to get free money to pay for new computer equipment.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: