Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:09:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BPMC Launch BF1 USB miner - probably the fastest USB miner in the World  (Read 42020 times)
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:04:33 AM

Quote from: mmitech link=topic=292433.msg3135641#msg3135641
based on what you said," you have small profit and it is close to nothing" means that if you do not sell for this price you are fucked as well, of course assuming that you were honest when you said that you do not have much profit of them.... if you cant sell, you wont see ROI from mining with them.

so you are fucked either ways, you didn't do your math or you thought the community is still stupid to blindly buy for any price... these times are over, miners got burnt and learned the lesson, again except if you sell to some sucker and it doesn't count  Grin  

BPMC isn't going to be fucked however you want to look at it.  Did you miss the part where he said that he ultimately didnt care if they sold any?  They'll just mine with whatever they don't sell.

Have you seen the sexy pics of the BPMC farm yet?  It's pretty difficult not to fall in lust and desire a couple hubs filled with those gorgeous sticks after seeing the photos.
reactor

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:07:48 AM

^^^
Asicminer BE hashes at 336mh/s these do around 2.5
Asicminer BE's sell to new customers for around 0.3 BTC
this is "in-hand" hardware. the chips alone cost me $130 each
you do the math.

cheers,
kev

Have to look at the density as well.

10 USB ports at 3.36Gh/s vs. 10 USB ports at 25 Gh/s.
Less heat less cooling required etc... so if you are not calculating in hub costs the ROI is going to be skewed right?

Need to factor that in as well into the costs do we not?

Its a large negative ROI either way. Barntech is selling the same basic thing, to be shipped soon for less than half.

I doubt you will see anything from Barntech for at least another month. If We were to order October chips we could probably match his pricing. We are not doing pre-orders or pre-sales, BPMC have learned our lessons from that. It doesnt really matter if we sell these first few or mine them. BPMC were first to market with these, we provided video evidence of hashing "in stock" items. To my knowlege, no other group has done that.

cheers,
kev

Yeah, but since you followed the AM pricing model of $WillNeverROI most folks who were excited about this aren't excited any longer.  Well done on the technical achievement, un-watching this thread however since your pricing model is absurd.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:08:20 AM

based on what you said," you have small profit and it is close to nothing" means that if you do not sell for this price you are fucked as well, of course assuming that you were honest when you said that you do not have much profit of them.... if you cant sell, you wont see ROI from mining with them.

so you are fucked either ways, you didn't do your math or you thought the community is still stupid to blindly buy for any price... these times are over, miners got burnt and learned the lesson, again except if you sell to some sucker and it doesn't count  Grin  

BPMC isn't going to be fucked however you want to look at it.  Did you miss the part where he said that he ultimately didnt care if they sold any?  They'll just mine with whatever they don't sell.

Have you seen the sexy pics of the BPMC farm yet?  It's pretty difficult not to fall in lust and desire a couple hubs filled with those gorgeous sticks after seeing the photos.

yes you are one of the suckers, so you were right all the way suckers gonna buy any ways
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:19:51 AM

Price didn't drop because of that !!! price dropped because of difficulty, than explain why blades cost only 4BTC? because of your USB miners ?

Well you didn't put any thought into your answer, did you?

Of course competition, or the threat of competition, can cause prices to fall.  So can excess inventory, decreased demand, cheaper production and/or material costs, difficulty rise (in the case of bitcoin) and many other reasons or combination of reasons.

What can't happen for any length of time is, you can't sell something for less than it costs to produce.  So quit bitching about overpriced ASICs and go back to mining LTC with your GPUs.   Roll Eyes
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:22:33 AM

yes you are one of the suckers, so you were right all the way suckers gonna buy any ways

And wannabes are going to keep bitching about what they can't have, when they want it, for the price they're willing to pay.
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:24:30 AM

As Jesse Pinkman would say, "It's economics bitch!"
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:25:32 AM

Price didn't drop because of that !!! price dropped because of difficulty, than explain why blades cost only 4BTC? because of your USB miners ?

Of course competition, or the threat of competition, can cause prices to fall.  So can excess inventory, decreased demand, cheaper production and of material costs, difficulty rise (in the case of bitcoin) and many other reasons or combination of reasons.

What can't happen for any length of time is, you can't sell something for less than it costs to produce.  So quit bitching about overpriced ASICs and go back to mining LTC with your GPUs.   Roll Eyes

my GPUs make more money than you will ever make with these miners sucker, I am amazed that you still know how to calculate, I thought people like you doesn't know how to use a calculator but you proved that even after using one you still suck.
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:28:06 AM

Of course competition, or the threat of competition, can cause prices to fall.  So can excess inventory, decreased demand, cheaper production and of material costs, difficulty rise (in the case of bitcoin) and many other reasons or combination of reasons.

my GPUs make more money than you will ever make with these miners sucker, I am amazed that you still know how to calculate, I thought people like you doesn't know how to use a calculator but you proved that even after using one you still suck.

You're real bright, aren't you?   Roll Eyes
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:29:12 AM

BPMC are very pleased to announce that we have limited numbers of the single BitFury chip USB miner in hand and for sale.
These units are re-programmable and hash at 2.5Gh/s with present installed firmware on bfgminer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB3U7iyiauk

more details tomorrow,

cheers,
kev

When you say they are re-programmable, to what extent is that possible? Could they be reprogrammed to work with VanityGen for example, to allow for custom Vanity addressess to be generated?

We use an ATMEL - ATMEGA32U2-AU which is 8 Bit 32KB mem controller.
you can find out all the details about programming on the ATMEL website.

cheers,
kev.

Okay, but what does that mean practically? Is it just a controller chip meaning you can only reprogram it to control it differently? What sort of scenario did you guys envision as being enabled by reprogramining?

more or less retired.
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:29:39 AM

BTW I do not give a shit about you buying or not, I am discussing the price with original poster out of my point of view, even he didn't get angry!! he is answering my question in a very respectful way, But never mind I told him about people like you. you are just a retard and I have nothing to say to you any more i wont go to your level once again.
Datto

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:43:17 AM

1 month to go before there finished mining with these and the PANIC SELL ! will begin
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:50:30 AM

BTW I do not give a shit about you buying or not, I am discussing the price with original poster out of my point of view, even he didn't get angry!! he is answering my question in a very respectful way, But never mind I told him about people like you. you are just a retard and I have nothing to say to you any more i wont go to your level once again.

My level?!  Did you not just call me a "sucker" (several times) and a "retard"?  You couldn't reach my level if you were standing on a ladder.

Simpleton.

Oh and I'm sure the OP has great respect for you since you're shitting all over his thread with your useless whining.
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:54:33 AM

My level?!  Did you not just call me a "sucker" (several times) and a "retard"?  You couldn't reach my level if you were standing on a ladder.

Simpleton.

Oh and I'm sure the OP has great respect for you since you're shitting all over his thread with your useless whining.

what are you waiting for? go ahead threw your BTC on them... like I give a shit !!! welcome to my ignore list. end of story....
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:03:05 AM

1 month to go before there finished mining with these and the PANIC SELL ! will begin
This won't happen. As has been said before if we can't sell for a profit then we will just mine.

Message me if you have any problems
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:05:04 AM

why are people hating on some ASIC guys who ACTUALLY HAVE A PRODUCT READY TO SHIP? I mean seriously, how ungrateful are people? If you don't like the price don't buy it. There are plenty of other options for your money out there, so why make them feel like shit and provoke a fight with them just because it turns out they can't make the product at a price the market wants to pay? It's not like they will go homeless, they will just mine with them.

more or less retired.
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:13:16 AM

This won't happen. As has been said before if we can't sell for a profit then we will just mine.
How much profit?

Bitfury chip $20, rest of the parts $20,  2.1BTC = $290

Some comparisons:

Drillbit Bitfury thumb .99BTC 2.5GH/s

Block Erupter USB x 6 = 0.96BTC 2GH/s

Block Erupter blade = 3.9BTC 10/GH/s (ships immediately)

BFL 5GH/s miner = 2BTC

Lets get real with the 2.1BTC pricing, I guess there are suckers out there.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:25:40 AM

Funny I remember the price dropped as SOON as we posted... BE's not blades and when we dropped our prices they dropped them again in the group buys funny eh? Not because of difficulty. Check the dates on our posts and the price drops in the Block Erupters. Direct correlation when we were running our K1 Nano sales.

I suggest that even when the product is put into the marketplace there are immediate responses from some companies to cut the throats of any competition seems pretty clear. Might want to support efforts for more product choice over the current system. I am sure the market will mature and this little offering will lead to better things.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
viriat0

Activity: 1008

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:26:12 AM

How much profit?

Some comparisons:

BFL 5GH/s miner = 2BTC

+1

You can not forget this
For my units, Minimum order is 5 pieces,

5 Units = 10.5BTC WTF?? = 12.6GH/S
2 Blades = 7/8/9 BTC = 20 GH/S

Beastlymac

Activity: 630

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:30:07 AM

How much profit?

Some comparisons:

BFL 5GH/s miner = 2BTC

Chips cost us $130 each.
Rest of the parts also cost more then $20

Those chips that have become available to purchase today. For € 22.5 or $30 USD
They also don't ship till the 20th.

"Chips ship out within 24h (excluding weekends) after placing order starting from 20th of september. (We expect to ship first chips on that date)."
Also these are the only other USB miners proved hashing and on hand.

Message me if you have any problems
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 11:36:34 AM

I wonder what price people would actually be willing to pay for these.

Let's have a mock auction to find out.  Please only bid if you would realistically actually pay this amount.

I'd pay .5BTC each

Also those who are actually buying at 2.1BTC post in here, as I'm really curious as to how many people are actually buying at that price; especially with the 5qty min. as that pretty much cuts out anyone who would bought as a collectable/curiosity.

BMPC I feel for you, but at some point you are going to have to come to terms with the fact that you are probably going to take at least 50% loss on your investment whether you mine yourself or sell them at cut prices; cuz I can't see there being enough "miners" that are going to come in and eat the loss for you
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: