Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:28:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BPMC Launch BF1 USB miner - probably the fastest USB miner in the World  (Read 42016 times)
Aggrophobia
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 08:58:15 AM

Assuming a price of ~120 a chip, at current exchange rates Im still seeing over 150 in other costs. If you include a "small" profit, are yalls assembly costs really more expensive than the chip?

130$ is what we paid. Not at current exchange.

You have not calculated everything in and not accounted for the size of the production run, I would love to see your exact cost breakdown from start to finish including the EE etc. Your off the cuff calculations do not match with my spreadsheet.

I suggest that the "profit" here is minimal given the numbers produced and the time and money invested just to get this prototype working. Obviously $130 (1 BTC) would be selling at a loss. So again we are not gouging we are not profiteering here we are putting out a unit at the best price we can offer if people do want to buy that is the situation.

So i have to say you propably suck at math and miscalculated your business,
i predict you only 70% ROI and you have to sell for a loss if you didn't mine yourself...
dave111223
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 08:58:59 AM

Yes putting a $290 item that you selling into a box is such a chore.  Cheesy

Sure is if you are the only one doing it 1000x.

If you handed me > 1/4 million dollars and said put 1000 items into boxes...I'd prolly do it.
kevinm (OP)

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

This is not good for my Chi... Yifu

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:14:33 AM

^^^
Asicminer BE hashes at 336mh/s these do around 2.5
Asicminer BE's sell to new customers for around 0.3 BTC
this is "in-hand" hardware. the chips alone cost me $130 each
you do the math.

cheers,
kev
Where do you get the BEs are .35 each? They are available from a whole smattering of people (including myself) for a maximum of .18.
The chips may have cost you $130, but the sad reality of all this stuff is something that is worth $130 one week is worth half that 2 weeks later.

Yes I am aware of that thanks.
Unfortunately the production costs of a cpl of hundred is much more expensive than 1000's at a time.
Thats where ASICMINER has the edge over us small timers.

cheers,
kev
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:19:56 AM

Can you say........oh fuck Huh

http://www.bitfurystrikesback.com/product/bitfury-reel-fifo/

Works out to about $30 per chip....................................

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:23:54 AM

Ever wonder how many USB Block Erupters have been sold so far?  I bet ASICMiner have sold over a million units.  I have 70 myself.  Yeah I know, "Sucker!  You'll never ROI."  Lol, whatever.

These will be the new ASICMiner USB Erupters... just wait.  The pattern will repeat.  In the beginning there will be dozens of bitcoin-rich early-adopters scooping these up as fast as BPMC can ship them.  The chip prices will come down, BPMC will have made the initial investment back and the price will drop... and then continue to drop.  Within 2 months, you'll see dozens of Ebay listings from resellers who will be selling these by the thousands.

And by then I'll probably be pulling my BEs out of my hubs and replacing them with these new beauties.   Cheesy

But yeah, I won't be buying any until the price falls a bit.  I'd buy one just for kicks but since they're not selling single units, I'll have to wait a bit.
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 09:24:24 AM

i would buy some if price would be below 0.6 BTC

30$ chip + 30$ pcb+labour+handling

i hope it will be aviable in next weeks Smiley
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 09:25:40 AM

Ever wonder how many USB Block Erupters have been sold so far?  I bet ASICMiner have sold over a million units.  I have 70 myself.  Yeah I know, "Sucker!"  Lol.

These will be the new ASICMiner USB Erupters... just wait.  The pattern will repeat.  In the beginning there will be dozens of bitcoin-rich early-adopters scooping these up as fast as BPMC can ship them.  The chip prices will come down, BPMC will have made the initial investment back and the price will drop... and then continue to drop.  Within 2 months, you'll see dozens of Ebay listings from resellers who will be selling these by the thousands.

And by then I'll probably be pulling my BEs out of my hubs and replacing them with these new beauties.   Cheesy

you will ship your erupters to Russia
they will make huge hubs for 200+ devices
and power from wind/solar Smiley
kevinm (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:29:01 AM

^^^
you do the math.

cheers,
kev

Have to look at the density as well.

10 USB ports at 3.36Gh/s vs. 10 USB ports at 25 Gh/s.
Less heat less cooling required etc... so if you are not calculating in hub costs the ROI is going to be skewed right?

Need to factor that in as well into the costs do we not?

Its a large negative ROI either way. Barntech is selling the same basic thing, to be shipped soon for less than half.

I doubt you will see anything from Barntech for at least another month. If We were to order October chips we could probably match his pricing. We are not doing pre-orders or pre-sales, BPMC have learned our lessons from that. It doesnt really matter if we sell these first few or mine them. BPMC were first to market with these, we provided video evidence of hashing "in stock" items. To my knowlege, no other group has done that.

cheers,
kev
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:33:52 AM

you will ship your erupters to Russia
they will make huge hubs for 200+ devices
and power from wind/solar Smiley

We can only dream that 3 month old BEs will have any resale value whatsoever.  Wink
viriat0

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:36:33 AM

2.10BTC?? ahahah overpriced!! SUPER OVERPRICED!!

Price for Fan Boys!

I'm buying? NOT!!
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:38:23 AM

^^^
you do the math.

cheers,
kev

Less heat less cooling required etc... so if you are not calculating in hub costs the ROI is going to be skewed right?

Its a large negative ROI either way. Barntech is selling the same basic thing, to be shipped soon for less than half.

I doubt you will see anything from Barntech for at least another month. If We were to order October chips we could probably match his pricing. We are not doing pre-orders or pre-sales, BPMC have learned our lessons from that. It doesnt really matter if we sell these first few or mine them. BPMC were first to market with these, we provided video evidence of hashing "in stock" items. To my knowlege, no other group has done that.

cheers,
kev

based on what you said," you have small profit and it is close to nothing" means that if you do not sell for this price you are fucked as well, of course assuming that you were honest when you said that you do not have much profit of them.... if you cant sell, you wont see ROI from mining with them.

so you are fucked either ways, you didn't do your math or you thought the community is still stupid to blindly buy for any price... these times are over, miners got burnt and learned the lesson, again except if you sell to some sucker and it doesn't count  Grin  
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:39:33 AM

Minimum order 5.
Shame that I would of liked one from the hobby miner angle.

Good luck with it all the same.

Unfortunately I don't think Kev wants to be boxing hundreds and hundreds of single units day after day... had to have an MOQ.

I can't imagine I would want to either. 
Maybe he can be bribed with alcohol  Wink

I am sure he does like a beer every now and again.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:45:39 AM

^^^
you do the math.

cheers,
kev

cheers,
kev

based on what you said," you have small profit and it is close to nothing" means that if you do not sell for this price you are fucked as well, of course assuming that you were honest when you do not have much profit of them.... if you cant sell, you wont see ROI from mining with them.

so you are fucked both ways, you didn't do your math or you thought the community is still stupid to blindly buy for any price... these times are over, miners got burnt and learned the lesson, again except if you sell to some sucker then it doesn't count  Grin  

No I don't think we and our customers are as FUCKED as much as we would have been if we kept going on something like the K1 Nano, we are not really that out of tune as you think we are that is the beauty of being part of a COOP there are plenty of people to point out how the math is going to go. It is all relative. This miner was built. It exists. I think that value alone puts the production at breakeven or small profit in perspective. Personally and for many of our members I have to say having USB miners in the marketplace that is in direct competition with bigger players that are functional is a minor achievement and makes us happy. If we make a few bucks great. If we have to mine for an extended period to make back our investment ok... but to be honest having the design and tech for a second round with cheaper chips means we are hardly FUCKED nor the community as we will as prices drop pass that along. So much doom and gloom there are actually positive aspects to this unit here is hoping people see that if not today possibly in a few weeks.

You might want to also keep an eye on our longer term plans as we are confident that future projects we have will be right inline with what people need and expect from mining gear. The days of the individual miner might be gone or going but as we are sort of showing people can band together and get products from design board to the marketplace.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
kevinm (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:48:40 AM

BPMC are very pleased to announce that we have limited numbers of the single BitFury chip USB miner in hand and for sale.
These units are re-programmable and hash at 2.5Gh/s with present installed firmware on bfgminer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB3U7iyiauk

more details tomorrow,

cheers,
kev

When you say they are re-programmable, to what extent is that possible? Could they be reprogrammed to work with VanityGen for example, to allow for custom Vanity addressess to be generated?

We use an ATMEL - ATMEGA32U2-AU which is 8 Bit 32KB mem controller.
you can find out all the details about programming on the ATMEL website.

cheers,
kev.
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:52:44 AM

^^^
you do the math.

cheers,
kev

cheers,
kev

based on what you said," you have small profit and it is close to nothing" means that if you do not sell for this price you are fucked as well, of course assuming that you were honest when you do not have much profit of them.... if you cant sell, you wont see ROI from mining with them.

so you are fucked both ways, you didn't do your math or you thought the community is still stupid to blindly buy for any price... these times are over, miners got burnt and learned the lesson, again except if you sell to some sucker then it doesn't count  Grin  

No I don't think we and our customers are as FUCKED as much as we would have been if we kept going on something like the K1 Nano, we are not really that out of tune as you think we are that is the beauty of being part of a COOP there are plenty of people to point out how the math is going to go. It is all relative. This miner was built. It exists. I think that value alone puts the production at breakeven or small profit in perspective. Personally and for many of our members I have to say having USB miners in the marketplace that is in direct competition with bigger players that are functional is a minor achievement and makes us happy. If we make a few bucks great. If we have to mine for an extended period to make back our investment ok... but to be honest having the design and tech for a second round with cheaper chips means we are hardly FUCKED nor the community as we will as prices drop pass that along. So much doom and gloom there are actually positive aspects to this unit here is hoping people see that if not today possibly in a few weeks.

I do not see where is the competition ? in making a hardware way over priced than any other existing hardware ? the only competition you are making is the reverse one, any one can grab a calculator and see that even BEs are better than yours in ROI terms, the only thing I can congratulate you for is making "working prototype" and nothing else, you cant call this competition sir, you are way far from to the closest thing to competition.

and yes this makes it easy for you for the next Run, but Sir till than don't try convince us.
Vexual

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:55:48 AM

You could pay some local kids to package them if putting one in a box is too time consuming.

1VEX7x76pJdreV1nJW8bXpotbCNggDxG5
Bicknellski

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:56:15 AM

^^^
you do the math.

cheers,
kev

cheers,
kev

I do not see where is the competition ? in making a hardware way over priced than any other existing hardware ? the only competition you are making is the reverse one, any one can grab a calculator and see that even BEs are better than yours in ROI terms, the only thing I can congratulate you for is making "working prototype" and nothing else, you cant call this competition sir, you are way far from to the closest thing to competition.

and yes this makes it easy for you for the next Run, but Sir till than don't try convince us.

Make no USB miners at all...  no competition.

When we posted that we were going to build a K1 and the chips didn't arrive... what happened to the price of the BE's? Let me know if you think being in the market with this Miner is a negative as opposed to having only one place to shop?

Bicknellski

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:56:46 AM

You could pay some local kids to package them if putting one in a box is too time consuming.

Kids? Child labour... no thanks.

Vexual

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:58:42 AM

Kids? Child labour... no thanks.

Well not kids then. Locals. Although it's hardly child labour putting usb sticks in boxes. Sounds like a great pocket money job.

1VEX7x76pJdreV1nJW8bXpotbCNggDxG5
mmitech
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 10:00:41 AM

^^^
you do the math.

cheers,
kev

cheers,
kev

Make no USB miners at all...  no competition.

When we posted that we were going to build a K1 and the chips didn't arrive... what happened to the price of the BE's? Let me know if you think being in the market with this Miner is a negative as opposed to having only one place to shop?

Price didn't drop because of that !!! price dropped because of difficulty, than explain why blades cost only 4BTC? because of your USB miners ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: