Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:59:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BPMC Launch BF1 USB miner - probably the fastest USB miner in the World  (Read 42016 times)
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 01:06:12 AM

How goes your miners people... nice to hear if they are still hashing hard?

I bought 4 on eBay a couple of weeks ago.  Together, they never quite get to 10GH/s but they do get close.

If I restart BFGMiner, I always have to fiddle around with them to get them working again.  Usually just pulling them out of the hub and swapping them around gets them hashing again.  Hopefully the driver and BFGMiner will mature a bit.
Linux or windows? You can also try cgminer 3.5.0

Message me if you have any problems
Beastlymac

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 01:08:41 AM

I bought 4 on eBay a couple of weeks ago.  Together, they never quite get to 10GH/s but they do get close.

If I restart BFGMiner, I always have to fiddle around with them to get them working again.  Usually just pulling them out of the hub and swapping them around gets them hashing again.  Hopefully the driver and BFGMiner will mature a bit.

i did the same thing. i believe i may have received a bad one or idk.

mine is producing >50% HW errors
What operating system are you using? Have you tried cgminer. Are you sure it is receiving enough power? Is it connected to a raspberry pi or a pc? Do any of the parts look damaged?

I am getting 0% HW errors on my ones so it sounds like some kind of issue.

Taugeran

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

CCNA: There i fixed the internet.

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 01:33:29 AM

What operating system are you using? Have you tried cgminer. Are you sure it is receiving enough power? Is it connected to a raspberry pi or a pc? Do any of the parts look damaged?

not tried cgminer (will do) plenty of powah.
machine: HP mini 110
no apparent damage

Bitfury HW & Habañero : 1.625Th/s
tips/Donations: 1NoS89H3Mr6U5CmP4VwWzU2318JEMxHL1
Come join Coinbase
Taugeran

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 01:50:14 AM

not tried cgminer (will do) plenty of powah.
machine: HP mini 110
no apparent damage

ran cg 3.5.0 0.5% HW errors

ill take it

Come join Coinbase
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:14:17 AM

Sweet... don't forget to tip ckolivas if you feel so inclined. 148KkS2vgVi4VzUi4JcKzM2PMaMVPi3nnq  <-- if I am not mistaken.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=19971

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 05:38:33 AM

Windows and BFGMiner ONLY.  I refuse to use CGMiner unless it's already embedded in my device.
Beastlymac

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 05:53:11 AM

Windows and BFGMiner ONLY.  I refuse to use CGMiner unless it's already embedded in my device.
The windows version has problems. I would recommend either install Ubuntu vm or use cgminer.

Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 06:41:40 AM

The windows version has problems. I would recommend either install Ubuntu vm or use cgminer.
I have no outstanding bug reports for this... only on Mac.

Beastlymac

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 09:04:43 AM

I have no outstanding bug reports for this... only on Mac.
Our windows version. Not the one you have put together.

Taugeran

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 02:08:39 AM

can the osc6 bits on these be tuned? just curious cuz ive got mine running off a 1.2A charging port on a drink 7port hub on a pi

Come join Coinbase
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 02:10:01 AM

can the osc6 bits on these be tuned? just curious cuz ive got mine running off a 1.2A charging port on a drink 7port hub on a pi
Yes, via RPC right now. EDIT: Sorry, I confused this with another device.

Taugeran

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 02:12:03 AM

Yes, via RPC right now. EDIT: Sorry, I confused this with another device.

all good. i knew you had it working for the nanofury. and found it in the source. but i couldnt find similar for bpmc

Come join Coinbase
bitcoinmining

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:06:23 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 10:24:15 AM by bitcoinmining

Unfortunately it doesn't give anyting, sorry guys  Undecided
goggles1200

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:22:14 PM

I found a setup video for red fury miners on youtube that helped me out when I first got them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUtcah8iSNE

Hope this helps.
kaisersolo

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:53:55 AM

Hello

I wonder If anyone can help
I have one of these USB miners
I run it with software BFGMiner 4.4.0

I get 10% Hardware Errors - is this normal?
Also When it Runs in BFGMiner it appears as BPM Is this right Have I got the correct driver installed? Should it not be BF1
Does anyone have a collection of windows inf drivers for the USB Miners

Thanks

Bicknellski

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:07:34 AM

New official version of cgminer, 3.5.0, now contains support for mining with BF1 devices on both linux and windows.

.deb for raspbian : https://mega.co.nz/#!HdZWXaJL!f8Tq2Td275SK1Dkv0KiBYAQQuFN00vfsuL3v7_cIrsE

Instructions:
Code:
sudo apt-get update #Make sure repos are up to date
sudo dpkg -i cgminer_3.5.0-1_armhf.deb #May complain about missing dependencies, dont panic next step takes care of it
sudo apt-get -f install #Installs the needed dependencies and then failed cgminer form above step.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:09:39 AM

Anyone have a working Windows driver yet?

I tried the VM/Ubuntu method and even installed a homemade driver someone sent me.  And one of those things destroyed my main computer.  I keep getting the BSoD and I can't even recover Windows 7.  Trying a fresh install of Windows 8 now.   Tongue

Windows drivers and compiled version from the ee are freshly uploaded.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/q235dn
^alpha drivers.

That is not a very good site to distribute files on.  Please use a better distribution method for files. This site is a virus/adware/malware haven.
here it is on mediafire
http://www.mediafire.com/download/819me4zvdju8lyg/bfgminerWin.zip

kaisersolo

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:19:23 AM

Thanks Guys
Sorry I should of mentioned that I am running Bfgminer on my Windows 7 PC.
Thanks for the windows inf's

I have tried them and install the driver for the red fury usb miner but It still giving me around 10% h/w errors and its description still is BPM.
Is this okay?
Bicknellski

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:57:09 PM

Beastlymac

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:59:05 PM

Thanks Guys
Sorry I should of mentioned that I am running Bfgminer on my Windows 7 PC.
Thanks for the windows inf's

I have tried them and install the driver for the red fury usb miner but It still giving me around 10% h/w errors and its description still is BPM.
Is this okay?

You should install the latest version of cgminer or bfgminer. Not the ones in this thread they're outdated. The error rate is from the bitfury chip itself and the deficiencies in the design. It isn't something that can be fixed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: