Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:51:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Jallies  (Read 2124 times)
thehairymob (OP)

Activity: 152
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 04:53:47 PM

What is happening with these? Are they stopped shipping them or something? For a while there it looked like BFL was sending them out at a less worrying rate. Now though they seem to have stalled. Com'on BFL get back to shipping the Jallies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 04:57:49 PM

No, they need to concentrate on singles and mini rigs. They've shipped far more jalapeños than anything else.

It's not fair that people who ordered a jalapeño six months later and for 1/10th the price have gotten their hardware while those who made a much larger investment much earlier have not.
Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 04:59:29 PM

"fairness" is not analogous with BFL business practices
thehairymob (OP)

Activity: 152
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 05:34:55 PM

Would it not make more business sense to fill all the jallies orders and then they can stop some of the complaints. At the same time they then would be able to concentrate on the other lines.
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 05:36:53 PM

What is happening with these? Are they stopped shipping them or something? For a while there it looked like BFL was sending them out at a less worrying rate. Now though they seem to have stalled. Com'on BFL get back to shipping the Jallies.
Josh said something to PG and I, but I am unsure if I should repeat it.  I'll PM Josh and see.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:10:02 PM

Jalapeno assembly is being outsourced from BFL to another company so they said it will take some time for that process to transition.

(should be two weeks tmGrin
BigJon901

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:13:25 PM

I don't believe they are doing these in house anymore. Josh said today that they were going with a 3rd party for the Jally production. I guess if whomever gets the contract to produce will probably also be producing Singles and mini rigs down the road ?  Huh

Computer Engineering Technologist
atmclikk

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:24:19 PM

hahahaha.  that makes sense.  why wouldnt they stop pumping them out right before my order date came up (feb 18). 

Why didn't they outsource a long time ago?  Its crazy that they are still a viable company...  well, i feel dumb for sending them 100 bucks for the upgrade to 7.5...
Threader

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:25:27 PM

No one will pay $274 for 5 GH.

$99 special?
mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 08:36:31 PM

Would it not make more business sense to fill all the jallies orders and then they can stop some of the complaints. At the same time they then would be able to concentrate on the other lines.

No, you will ALWAYS be pissing someone off.

All of the people who ordered singles are VERY pissed that they only were shipping jallies for the first couple of months.

Remember BFLs 1/3 shipping guarantee where they promised to ship each product in equal amounts, etc?
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 09:04:18 PM

joeventura

Activity: 112

Trust: 0: -0 / +0(0)
Ignore

Re: BFL Jallies
Today at 06:10:02 PM
Jalapeno assembly is being outsourced from BFL to another company so they said it will take some time for that process to transition.

(should be two weeks tm ) 
Do you know that will be 2 weeks or more!!???
TheJuice

Activity: 840
Merit: 608

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 09:29:30 PM

It's actually funny - If you paid in USD, everyone who has received a bfl product will make roi.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 09:30:15 PM

Why will make everyone a roi?
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 10:16:52 PM

It's actually funny - If you paid in USD, everyone who has received a bfl product will make roi.

You don't seem to understand the idea of currency exchange. Please inform me how a BFL product will make back its costs without saying "oh well bitcoins were $80 then and theyll be $200 when it is mining! hurp a derp"

I only put down bitcoins/money on something that i feel will produce more BTC in its lifetime then if i initially had just put my money into BTC

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
bcp19

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 10:34:27 PM

You don't seem to understand the idea of currency exchange. Please inform me how a BFL product will make back its costs without saying "oh well bitcoins were $80 then and theyll be $200 when it is mining! hurp a derp"

I only put down bitcoins/money on something that i feel will produce more BTC in its lifetime then if i initially had just put my money into BTC
then you obviously won't be buying mining equipment anytime soon. 

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:11:37 AM

You heard it here first folks, bcp19 admitted that people should not be buying BFL specific hardware. At least....not if you expect to make more BTC than you paid for the hardware...
bcp19

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:34:21 AM

You heard it here first folks, bcp19 admitted that people should not be buying BFL specific hardware. At least....not if you expect to make more BTC than you paid for the hardware...
You are twisting my words again Master Shill... I did not reference any one particaular company, I meant ALL of them.  Tsk tsk tsk... we may have to revoke your shillness for this one.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:36:51 AM

You are twisting my words again Master Shill... I did not reference any one particaular company, I meant ALL of them.  Tsk tsk tsk... we may have to revoke your shillness for this one.
Bitfury hardware does make a positive ROI, doesn't it?

Can't say the same about BFL or ASICMiner.

I am not twisting your words. The quote you used was in reference to a specific manufacturer.

Please read before making assumptions.
millsdmb

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:37:50 AM

They need more monarch pre-orders to continue production. Please order ASAP.

in case you have signatures disabled...Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
bcp19

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 12:43:01 AM

Bitfury hardware does make a positive ROI, doesn't it?

Can't say the same about BFL or ASICMiner.

I am not twisting your words. The quote you used was in reference to a specific manufacturer.

Please read before making assumptions.
see above highlight.  You assumed I meant BFL cause he mentioned BFL, but I responded to the other part of his quote.  I personally believe if you don't have it in hand between now and 7-14 days from now, you won't see a positive RoI on anything from anywhere just due to the simple fact there is so much product from so many companies that is supposed to ship in the next 30-45 days.  People will soon be wishing the monthly difficulty increase was ONLY 76%.

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: