Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:44:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Texas!!!!!!!  (Read 3649 times)
FinShaggy (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 12:57:08 PM

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/

My point was what makes you qualified to understand and interpret law? It's not usually layman friendly, and you seem to be on a mission to find loopholes to sell to people, which can only end hilariously.

I never said I was writing a book to take with you into the court room or your law school, it is just to help regular people.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 12:57:51 PM

And it will make my taxes so much easier if most of my money is in silver, and once I find a few people to sell me cheap cars and shit for silver (ex: There's a Kilo of silver, thanks for the 78 Deville), people will start hearing about it and want to get paid in silver themselves.

Well you still need to declare gains from bartering; in this case a kilo of silver is worth around 700$, so yeah.

That's fine, calculating taxes for silver would be a lot easier than having Bitcoins, Fiat AND Silver.

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 06:59:31 PM

And it will make my taxes so much easier if most of my money is in silver, and once I find a few people to sell me cheap cars and shit for silver (ex: There's a Kilo of silver, thanks for the 78 Deville), people will start hearing about it and want to get paid in silver themselves.

Well you still need to declare gains from bartering; in this case a kilo of silver is worth around 700$, so yeah.

That's fine, calculating taxes for silver would be a lot easier than having Bitcoins, Fiat AND Silver.

How does silver make math easier?

Still around.
surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 08:33:09 PM

Or you know, just regular US money?
claycoins

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 12:23:17 AM

haha

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 01:25:42 AM

How does silver make math easier?

By being 1 thing, instead of 3.

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 01:26:20 AM

Yeah, because US money is stable. (we need a dunce cap smiley)

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 04:10:52 AM

FinShaggy - The new and improved Danklas (Dank/Atlas) hybrid. Buy yours today!

Everything stated in this message is to be considered my own opinion, and not an official representation of Microsoft Corporation or any other Microsoft employees. Actual mileage may vary. Price does not include tax, title, and license. Some assembly required. Each sold separately. Batteries not included. Objects in mirror are closer than they appear. If conditions persist, contact a physician. Keep FinShaggy  out of reach of children. Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. Store FinShaggy in a cool dark place until ready to consume. It is highly unlikely that any sentiments expressed above in any way coincide with those of any other person in any way associated with me. To prevent electric shock, do not open back panel. No user serviceable parts inside. You may or may not have additional rights which may vary from country to country. Not recommended for children under twelve years of age. Limit 1 per customer. Does not come with any other figures. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

surebet

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 05:37:12 AM

Yeah, about that...

FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 01:39:19 PM

Yeah, about that...

That's not what I mean by stable, to me stable means it will still be have value when the others don't. Hence me talking about keeping it for a collapse.
Notice Silver has never been at 0...

surebet

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 06:34:27 PM

Yeah, about that...

That's not what I mean by stable, to me stable means it will still be have value when the others don't. Hence me talking about keeping it for a collapse.
Notice Silver has never been at 0...

Neither has the US dollar, and if it were to hit zero, you'd have much more pressing issues to deal with than trying to trade silver for weed.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 05:37:14 PM

The US dollar isn't worth ANYTHING. Hasn't been for years. That's why libertarians exist.

surebet

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 05:55:55 PM

The US dollar isn't worth ANYTHING. Hasn't been for years. That's why libertarians exist.

Oh, wow. Well I guess I should call up all the people who accepted my money gladly in exchange for goods and services over the years and ask them not to call the cops, because I'll be mailing silver over to them.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 06:52:32 PM

Oh, wow. Well I guess I should call up all the people who accepted my money gladly in exchange for goods and services over the years and ask them not to call the cops, because I'll be mailing silver over to them.

Being exchangeable for services and debt, is different than having actual value. The American dollars value is based on Americas might, at war and market. It has nothing to do with the actual value of the money.

surebet

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:56:41 PM

Being exchangeable for services and debt, is different than having actual value. The American dollars value is based on Americas might, at war and market. It has nothing to do with the actual value of the money.

Good luck trading that silver with any means of ease.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 11:50:26 PM

I'm sure I can trade it for bitcoins when I need to buy things, and I am SURE there are people willing to take silver. Just for the novelty of it.

surebet

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 02:08:08 AM

I'm sure I can trade it for bitcoins when I need to buy things, and I am SURE there are people willing to take silver. Just for the novelty of it.

Good luck paying for gas, groceries, rent or utilities.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 02:30:56 AM

Good luck paying for gas, groceries, rent or utilities.

I'll use a debit card (You can sell Bitcoins and get money put into your bank account, same with silver), and I never said that I would never use money again. I said that I would keep most of my money in silver so that taxes were easier. I never said "I'm converting every cent I get to silver" or anything of the sort.

surebet

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 02:40:23 AM

If you transact in dollars via cash or plastic, you only really need to track your income. If you trade silver every time you want to exchange for cash to buy stuff, you need to keep track of every individual transaction between dollars and silver, then figure out your gains or losses investment wise.

Simplifying taxes? You're a moron.
FinShaggy (OP)

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 02:56:16 AM

If you transact in dollars via cash or plastic, you only really need to track your income. If you trade silver every time you want to exchange for cash to buy stuff, you need to keep track of every individual transaction between dollars and silver, then figure out your gains or losses investment wise.

Simplifying taxes? You're a moron.

I plan on buying silver anyways, so there is no way around it. I would rather put my cash in the bank, keep my money in silver and that's that.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: