Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:40:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AsicCoin (ASC) | SHA256 - The coin for ASIC Mining! | No Premine  (Read 138801 times)
mssonya

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:25:22 PM

Just broke a million (again)

375300237 ASC * 0.00012250 ASC/LTC * 23.5798 USD/LTC = 1,084,064.30473 USD

Oh, and just noticed ASC is now listed here: http://coinmarketcap.com/ CheesyCheesy

I think that now is a good time to again remind us all that use of the term "market cap" (as in "market capitalization", or capitalized value of the market) is inappropriate for coins. The term implies that, in the above example, 1,084,064 USD of value exists in that coin, or that this sum of money has flowed into the coin. This thinking is inherently flawed. Quite simply, this is that value of all coins if everyone were able to sell their coins at the current market rate. This assumes that the value would not fall during such a sell off. Sites like coinmarketcap.com simply take the going rate for the coin and multiply it by the total in circulation. I think it is important that people understand this - ~9 billion USD (or equivalent) has not flowed into Bitcoin per se, only a fraction thereof.

Sonya

Market caps have always the same problem, doesn't matter which financial instrument you are talking about.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_capitalization

Well, nonetheless, currencies do not have "market caps". Your wikipedia link states that "Market capitalization (or market cap) is the total value of the issued shares of a publicly traded company."
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-12-05/bitcoins-volatility-problem-why-todays-sell-off-wont-be-the-last
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:38:31 PM

I've been seeing large buying the last few days. The amount there were bought are in the 15,000 LTC range or more.
Yesterday and today the price has been pushed down so the "buyers" can grab more from panic sells.

Whoever is buying up all this stuff is pushing the price up and down with 100% control.
Fun to watch.

I will be sitting here waiting. It looks like a long term accumulation.
The one thing I noticed about ASIC coin is that it has very little resistance to 5x increase
than the other LTC pairs that are doing decent volume. And ASIC is still #1 of those.

And only about 1.5 million per day are new coins. So let say 75% of those are dumped daily
then that is only 150 LTC per day on a coin that is doing 3000-8000 LTC volume. Drop in the bucket.

Watching.. waiting... guess it will be awhile till they buy it all. I wonder what it's like to buy over 50%
of a whole coin. $350k could do it here. I'm sure this isn't the first time it's happened .. heh.

Actually that $350k and the 15,000 LTC of buying match up.. hmm.
mssonya

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:51:22 PM

I've been seeing large buying the last few days. The amount there were bought are in the 15,000 LTC range or more.
Yesterday and today the price has been pushed down so the "buyers" can grab more from panic sells.

Whoever is buying up all this stuff is pushing the price up and down with 100% control.
Fun to watch.

The one thing I noticed about ASIC coin is that it has very little resistance to 5x increase
than the other LTC pairs that are doing decent volume. And ASIC is still #1 of those.

And only about 1.5 million per day are new coins. So let say 75% of those are dumped daily
then that is only 150 LTC per day on a coin that is doing 3000-8000 LTC volume. Drop in the bucket.

Watching.. waiting... guess it will be awhile till they buy it all. I wonder what it's like to buy over 50%
of a whole coin. $350k could do it here. I'm sure this isn't the first time it's happened .. heh.

You never know. I watched $70 in Sexcoin increase in value to $2250 in 48 hours, at which point I did not sell, only to see it fall by 90% within the following 48 hours, never to recover. Learning from this possibility, I had a 100% gain in netcoin, sold, and then watched it go up another 100% (it has fallen since). I sold ASC at the top of the most recent bubble.

Yesterday, I while filling my petrol tank, I imagined paying in Asiccoin, and I genuinely laughed out loud at the absurdity of the thought.

edit: to be fair though, I spent an afternoon in 2010 reading about bitcoin, only to dismiss it. (I didn't quite get it, I thought it would be an online cash for silly things like Second Life real-estate or Farmville trinkets. )

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:33:40 PM

anybody know when all the coins are estimated to be completely mined?

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.

- Oscar Wilde
xray

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:35:57 AM

Network Hashrate increasing everyday
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:01:50 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2014, 04:19:07 AM by YoyodyneSystems

Fun to watch.

You never know. I watched $70 in Sexcoin increase in value to $2250 in 48 hours, at which point I did not sell, only to see it fall by 90% within the following 48 hours, never to recover. Learning from this possibility, I had a 100% gain in netcoin, sold, and then watched it go up another 100% (it has fallen since). I sold ASC at the top of the most recent bubble.

Yesterday, I while filling my petrol tank, I imagined paying in Asiccoin, and I genuinely laughed out loud at the absurdity of the thought.

edit: to be fair though, I spent an afternoon in 2010 reading about bitcoin, only to dismiss it. (I didn't quite get it, I thought it would be an online cash for silly things like Second Life real-estate or Farmville trinkets. )

Looks like it really wants to go back to 7000. Everyone seems to have stopped buying today and it's crashing down for now.
Doesn't need any help to crash now. It's going.

I'll check back in a day or two when it's at it's low. Not sure what the deal is anymore. I woudl dump what you can and maybe buy back at 7000.
I think BTC rising is pushing down a lot of Alts.

Also a lot of the LTC pairs are down since LTC is not moving up with BTC.
tcnitsid

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:25:48 AM

Fun to watch.

Looks like it really wants to go back to 7000. Everyone seems to have stopped buying today and it's crashing down for now.
Doesn't need any help to crash now. It's going.

I'll check back in a day or two when it's at it's low. Not sure what the deal is anymore. I woudl dump what you can and maybe buy back at 7000.
I think BTC rising is pushing down a lot of Alts.

If you look at the last three weeks, and not just the last few days you can see this is nothing new for the rise.  There is a flurry of buys, then the inevitable sells to bring it down before trading activity calms down.  For a few times now it has had a burst of buying activity after 10 days or so of calm. I would hardly say it has crashed, even if it returns to .07000mLTC (I've been holding since October).  My guess is this is the result of someone(or many) realizing for not that much they can own a significant portion of this coin and be in a very nice position if it really takes off.

The coin recently halved the rewards for mining, and will do so every three months - with everyone dumping their millions of ASC they obtained with mining, if these buyers hold, it will be rather scarce rather fast.
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:14:21 AM

Agreed.
opsgame

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:29:08 AM

Yes... i support this asiccoin too... surely will see the result in near future..
xhabit

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:55:14 AM

So, for activate the Pool offered German BTC Pool Party League

The first 5 Miner what activate the pool will get 0% PoolFee's 

The First 5 Miners will get this for the next 6 Month's.

So i'hope this is a nice offer to get the Asiccoin pool running.

Send Your User Count ID to The support Team and they will activate Free Mining for you!

Your User Count ID should be from 06 - 10

http://poolparty.port-x.de

Happy Mining!

German BTC Pool Party League

Bitcoin Priester German BTC PoolParty League
DOGE: DQz6dAAGZ3jyWhhnBvfey73VX5jeZ26e2N
Marty19

Activity: 725
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 07:13:39 PM

iSpace AsicCoin Mining Pool still finding regular blocks at http://asc.ispace.co.uk so why not join us?

Hey Marty, I like and use your iSpace pools quite a bit - but  Undecided stability has been a bit of issue over the last month, is this something that you are working on?
Cheers

ASC -  love the way the Diff retargets every 60 blocks, 30 minutes!

Anyone have a link they'd care to share - that shows the total network speed on ASC?

We have made massive progress in pool stability over the past weeks and everything has been running smoothly for quite a while now.

legomaniac

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:29:05 PM

My guess is this is the result of someone(or many) realizing for not that much they can own a significant portion of this coin and be in a very nice position if it really takes off.
Is it going to with the devs awol? There's a missed opportunity, here.
tcnitsid

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:15:44 AM

My guess is this is the result of someone(or many) realizing for not that much they can own a significant portion of this coin and be in a very nice position if it really takes off.
Is it going to with the devs awol? There's a missed opportunity, here.

Worst case scenario the dev's code is simply forked on github and bitcoin's code is merged back in.  Its open source so there are options if they are gone.  Fortunately its very similar to bitcoin so adopting bitcoin's developments would not be hard to merge in (code wise).  Unless I am missing something about the authority requirement to push updates?
mssonya

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:57:08 AM

Quoting my own post - this is funny now, because today Zynga just announced that they'll be accepting Bitcoin for Farmville 2, etc...
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-05/bitcoin-tops-1-000-again-on-adoption-by-zynga-amid-wider-usage.html
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:01:42 AM

Coin now listed on my site.. Pools and much more being added enjoy a site with details for each coin and support Smiley
http://crazycointalk.net/forum/index.php?board=24.0

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 07:05:32 AM

Coin now listed on my site.. Pools and much more being added enjoy a site with details for each coin and support Smiley
http://crazycointalk.net/forum/index.php?board=24.0
hi mate, i saw your post and checked your site out looks nice, would you consider adding DMD diamond as well? just wondering, i think it has a bright future but not many people are paying it much attention so i'm trying to get it more known, sorry for asking here i checked your profile for a pm but couldn't see it
xdwingdx

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 06:08:47 PM

I just watched this guy's video. I first bought into ASIC because of the chart vs LTC. I am truly hoping that ASC outperforms LTC over the medium to long term. I think Litecoin is the ultimate play for 2014.

Having said that, I love Asic coin. I have a HUGE position. from trading XPM and LTC for ASC.

do we have good answers to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHr0F-merrg

like developers to improve the coin over time, if needed..
tcnitsid

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:56:15 PM

I just watched this guy's video. I first bought into ASIC because of the chart vs LTC. I am truly hoping that ASC outperforms LTC over the medium to long term. I think Litecoin is the ultimate play for 2014.

Having said that, I love Asic coin. I have a HUGE position. from trading XPM and LTC for ASC.

do we have good answers to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHr0F-merrg

like developers to improve the coin over time, if needed..

What would you call a HUGE position? Just wondering...

Could you point out your questions from the video?  It's ten minutes long and not really to the point "you know".
rav3n_pl
Legendary

Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003

Don`t panic! Organize!

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 08:16:47 PM

Attention USA ASC miners!
I have bought a VPS on US ground and put P2pool node on it!
It should be way better than mining on oversea nodes Cheesy
http://p2pool-us.gotgeeks.com:9433

It is 1% fee node.

Happy mining Smiley

1Rav3nkMayCijuhzcYemMiPYsvcaiwHni  Bitcoin stuff on my OneDrive
My RPC CoinControl for any coin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=929954
Some stuff on https://github.com/Rav3nPL/
xdwingdx

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:27:07 PM

well a huge position for me is 320,000+ coins.

huge because I have been buying for a while. some low, some high. over all, invested 10+ LTC into it. no mining, just trading.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: