Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:51:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto in infancy  (Read 2720 times)
Road445

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:49:18 AM

Cryptocurrency used to look like be a ponzi scheme, and as countries gradually accepted bitcoins and other tokens, the Cryptocurrency market gradually became mainstream.

malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:07:03 AM

As future is all about digital currencies so to aware our kids about this technology is much needed.
Education through school is much effective and that's why it will be more suitable if it will included in syllabus of any course related to it.
turkmachiavelli

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:13:54 AM

There are a lot of youth that improve themself with own efforts in this market so this is not enough for true invest. We are part of them and need more education more information. If states support blockchain system , We can look more conferances, educations about blockchain.

OriginTrain

Activity: 406
Merit: 174

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:04:07 AM

Interesting thoughts. IMO too many people buying in with the wrong mindset, and are just hoping to make a quick profit -- but have absolutely no idea what the technology is about.

IMO, at the moment, these easily manipulated and inexperienced day-traders and speculators/gamblers who puts in more than they can afford to lose, while panicking way too easily due to FUD or easily scammed, are one of the major reason behind the current extreme volatility (coupled with the fact that the crypto market is currently still pretty young, and the MCAP is still relatively low than what it potentially could be in a few years time) -- and this is not good for the image of cryptos overall + impeding good cryptos from becoming adopted more widely in real-word use.

Perhaps the higher tax in the US on crypto trading + regulations is a good thing. Slows things down so that the price will match more closely to the actual development and adaptation of coins, rather than due to hype + reduces the amount of pump-and-dump scams by unethical whales trying to take advantage of inexperienced newcomers for their own profit to fill their already full pockets.

Very well reasoned arguments. Indeed this current wave of investors are panicers and not hodlers. Once they've moved out and the bear market is finished and the serious projects begin to mature, then the solid coins can go up again to their previous levels.
topkhai

Activity: 351
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:24:57 AM

All the crypto world needs is an education to create better awareness and investments. What do you think are ways to go about it, apart from various conferences and meets.
starting from yourself including me too, in the crypto world it is like a mental revolution to bring traditional mindset to modern because many people just think how to make money fast and they stop there
very difficult but it can be done, yeah start from the people closest to you because those who will connect your voice explain and cultivate in them how to invest well
redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:45:26 AM

All the crypto world needs is an education to create better awareness and investments. What do you think are ways to go about it, apart from various conferences and meets.

Your are absolutely right op, if only everyone in the crypto world were well educated enough about how the crypto world system works, I pretty much think that there will be fewer people, if not all, that will be losing capital or will have to be forced to panic sell. But then again, if this happens, the thrill will be gone from the crypto world which I honestly love.

But anyways, one way is to do free tutorials for this industry. Free books, pdfs, and so much more without the referral thingies or anything that would make the readers feel that they are being used. If anyone does this, I think that it will really bring so much traffic of people that are well rounded and knowledgeable enough to invest and hold cryptos instead of people that only coming because of the great hypes and greed then spread fud since they are so damn bitter because of losing a lot of good money invested.
commanderbitcoin

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:24:25 PM

The only way to have a proper education about cryptocurrency is to make it as a course or a subject in University. It can also be teach thru online if professors have no knowledge about it. There must be a standard teaching if it is to be implemented.

yareklamator

Activity: 154

Magic is real

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:50:22 PM

Besides that I read a lot of news and try to follow the projects in telegram chats, I learn a lot of new here on the forum. I also have friends who are also interested in the world of crypto-currencies. We share our thoughts, knowledge and just have fun. I think that in ICO and in general in the prospects of altcoins, a large number of different opinions are important.
bongiu

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:56:13 PM

Due to the turbulent past and the news about altcoins, lots of people are reluctant to learn or investigate about cryptocurrency. Those who do, might find themselves in a very confusing environment since there isn't an "easy" way to learn how this world works. So, my idea would be to learn about cryptocurrencies in an interactive way such as some sort of videogame Smiley
imoet

Activity: 322

homt.net

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:30:32 PM

I absolutely agree with you. An education about crypto world is really necessary. It will be more easier and profitable if people have the knowledge about crypto. We can get the knowledge by reading the article, news, sharing information and discussion in the forum.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn
Brothersav

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:03:29 AM

Cryptocurrency adoption has not started yet. I predict there will come a time in the future when it will be practically not convenient to transact with the current system of fiat and banking. Cryptocurrency will definitely be the better and only option for the world.

I completely agree. It's the evolution of globalisation. I disagree with people stating governments need to intervene: governments will destroy this if they could!

Rexxxem

Activity: 368

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:31:20 AM

A very good tool is our forum. There is a lot of useful information and links to the necessary resources
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:07:18 AM

The first move should be from the government,which compose majority of the officials they need to be educated so they will not the future if cryptocurrencie are fully implemented,most of these official doesnt have any idea what is cryptocurrency that is why they are opposing the use of it.
Yeah, government really have some huge role to play and it is good some of them are beginning to understand they have a lot of benefit to gain from the cryptocurrency awareness which is why they are going the regulation way thus far.

The truth though is that some people are still limited to internet, and some are just not the internet freaks, some do not even know how to search on the internet and all these basics alone can affect some people from gaining some knowledge or awareness. However, the media is a good way to start and they are doing some good job.

Either with the FUDs, or good articles, one way or the other, they are making people to start asking questions or that is all that is needed.
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:37:40 AM

I think there will be many methods for introducing crypto currency in all walks of life and one pretty good method that can be done is to create a curriculum in education. In my opinion, the explanation of virtual currency needs to be delivered early on, especially in children because it is so important that they can find out more about virtual currency in the future.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:13:34 PM

so there are long-prepared materials for the study of this field of cryptocurrency, they really are not free. And as an option, you can publish books, make content in YouTube or TV
I would not say they are not free. Awareness is not all about the huge technical details; just a little bit of search on blockchain technology on Google is enough to make anyone understand all the basic things needed. No matter any other length people may go through to create awareness, it cannot be different from what is on ground already, it is just that it is hard for normal people to understand and it may take some time for them to get used to.
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:26:20 PM

I think what the crypto world needs is simply a killer app. It could be cryptokitties with much higher throughput. It can also be a decentralized p2p lending platform like ETHlend.

raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:56:21 AM

Yes that right, to make this cryptocurrency community bigger should be any education for everyone because now alot of people does not understand how does it work and many people does not know the advantages of cryptocurrency and the technology behind it.
Education is everywhere, all over the internet, the news, and people around you who have the knowledge. Even this forum alone is good enough to create some of the awareness needed. I am sure the awareness is there already and we really do not need going house to house preaching the gospel according to satoshi to everyone, but the thing is that, not everyone will get the gist immediately, some will get it late, and some will not even get it at all.

I want to believe some institutions have included this in their curriculum and some are really looking into the blockchain technology. For the general people though, it will take a lot of getting used to, most especially for those who are not tech savvies. Over time, this will change and we will get to see more people having some knowledge and some awareness from media news. Except for this two, I really do not know how awareness can be generated further.
sourish (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:50:25 PM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/blockchain-alliance-r3-launches-training-consortium-for-lawyers
http://ift.tt/2HwxZLm
amih

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:41:48 AM

In terms of teaching about crypto currency especially to people who have not understood the crypto world and as you mentioned it, there will certainly be many other ways that can be done. and usually someone who does not understand crypto currency it will be very difficult for us to give them some understanding, and some effective ways that can be done is suppose we can talk about crypto currency by relaxing while drinking coffee. and I think that sounds very simple but will be very effective in delivering to people who have not understood it.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
paulo29

Activity: 147
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:53:13 AM

Yes, to better understand this crypto currencies there should be news, conference, education to fully understand this currencies. Nowadays, theres a lot of ways and information about this currencies through internet or online. Aside from the facts that more and more people a making their ways to spread knowledge and expertise on this crypto currencies. Besides, since more and more people are into this community, spreading of knowledge and information awareness to this currency is inevitable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: