Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:01:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: yochdog - Bitcoin Mining Company - BTCMC  (Read 3570 times)
Otoh (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 09:43:04 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2013, 02:28:47 PM by Otoh

As he has locked the thread, here is one for investors waiting to hear what's going on.

Note quote is from 2013 08 16 & not the 8th, but still well over 2 weeks of no news, anyone had an email/heard anything?

Hey all.

I am locking this thread, and will correspond with all partners through their registered e-mail address.  Look for something regarding the liquidation in the next 2 weeks.

thanks.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85443.msg2946313#msg2946313

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
reg

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 11:45:09 AM

As he has locked the thread, here is one for investors waiting to hear what's going on.

Note quote is from 2013 08 16 & not the 8th, but still well over 2 weeks of no news, anyone had an email/heard anything?

Hey all.

I am locking this thread, and will correspond with all partners through their registered e-mail address.  Look for something regarding the liquidation in the next 2 weeks.

thanks. 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85443.msg2946313#msg2946313

hi, as a shareholder I sent an e-mail on the 3rd September asking for information but have not received a reply. i was with him from the start and to be fair he operated fairly until the demise of glbse. since then I personally have received no dividends or any indication as to a valuation of shares. he claimed to be a "trusted trader". but seems to have adopted bfl customer support tactics. If you look at his recent posts he is selling lots of equipment for $ and bitcoin. wether us shareholders see any is open to question. the bitcoinica debacle still owes him (us) 80+ bitcoins. so I can only wait and see? if he does not contact me (us). its back to scammer tags!. R
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 07:02:41 PM

Yochdog has been/is mining a lot of LTC:

Yochdog  78,139 KH/s for 69.637 LTC/Day (est)

As a medium sized DMC shareholder I'd like to see some of that eventually show up as ROI.  Especially since Diablo stopped paying dividends (despite his asset description still saying he does).

I think Gamma also has some BTCMC, so it'd be nice to salvage something out of that as well.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Otoh (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 08:17:37 AM

Hi, could you update your locked thread with the details of the assets, those liquidated so far, earnings & when the investors can expect their share of these, many thanks.

I started a thread to follow the winding up of Bitcoin Mining Company BTCMC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=292788

yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 02:43:08 PM

Hey guys.

An e-mail has been sent to all partners at their registered e-mail address. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
Otoh (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 02:52:38 PM

So expected to be wound up "in the next month or two" & reg it is 751 BTC that went to Bitcoinica.

yochdog
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 02:54:01 PM

So expected to be wound up "in the next month or two" & reg it is 751 BTC that went to Bitcoinica.

There is a lot of random equipment that takes time to sell (ie, PSUs, Mobos, Ram, HD, Cases, cables, etc)  I am sure you all know how much goes into mining!

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
reg

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 03:11:32 PM

I only heard a rumor that it was 80 btc but I am astonished so much was tied up there. so the 751 if recovered would give us some roi. If anyone involved in the bitcoinica legal battle with mtgox could give us an idea of the realistic prospect for recovery -that would be helpfull
yochdog
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 03:15:44 PM

I only heard a rumor that it was 80 btc but I am astonished so much was tied up there. so the 751 if recovered would give us some roi. If anyone involved in the bitcoinica legal battle with mtgox could give us an idea of the realistic prospect for recovery -that would be helpfull

The amount was disclosed months ago on the original thread. 

It completely sucks, and is the only reason the company is not profitable at this point (in $ terms) 

Mt Gox is our enemy.  They refuse to help the liquidators in any fashion, and obstruct all attempts at recovery.  Mark Kerpeles is a piece of shit who wants to confiscate the thousands of BTC for his own greedy desires. 

Indemnified

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 06:16:19 PM

It completely sucks, and is the only reason the company is not profitable at this point (in $ terms) 

Mt Gox is our enemy.  They refuse to help the liquidators in any fashion, and obstruct all attempts at recovery.  Mark Kerpeles is a piece of shit who wants to confiscate the thousands of BTC for his own greedy desires. 

Apparently Mt Gox had $5 million seized by US regulators and may be in no position to facilitate bitcoinica liquidators.

PLEASE, please distribute the btc from the mining operations up until the time it became unprofitable, meagre as that may be, to we the shareholders. If it is no longer being used to maximize shareholder profit, or for continuing operations, why not distribute it to the shareholders so that they can put it their own uses? Why must we wait months for the liquidation of every last asset before you can distribute btc on hand?
yochdog
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 06:25:45 PM

Apparently Mt Gox had $5 million seized by US regulators and may be in no position to facilitate bitcoinica liquidators.

PLEASE, please distribute the btc from the mining operations up until the time it became unprofitable, meagre as that may be, to we the shareholders. If it is no longer being used to maximize shareholder profit, or for continuing operations, why not distribute it to the shareholders so that they can put it their own uses? Why must we wait months for the liquidation of every last asset before you can distribute btc on hand?

I don't think that is a bad suggestion at all.  Maybe even 60% of what I think the total amount will be, then settle the final balance once everything is sold off. 

Indemnified

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 09:03:37 PM

I don't think that is a bad suggestion at all.  Maybe even 60% of what I think the total amount will be, then settle the final balance once everything is sold off. 

Do any other shareholders have an opinion on this?

I believe it to be trying to make the best of a bad situation.
Indemnified

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:23:11 AM

Quote from: iCEBREAKER on July 27, 2013, 02:52:23 PM
hi YD,

Thx for update.  What is the July 7 BLF payday?

Have you tried scrypt mining at multipool.in or middlecoin?

once you have inventory done maybe Diablo will finally auction our stake, which could help you find the right price for the rest.

For the ASICS I lined up for BTCMC, the paydate is July 7th.

Until they start shipping that pay-date, we are stuck in the mud.

You must have received the ascics from BFL by now. How about anj update on what is going on with our investment?
Otoh (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 09:34:19 AM

Do any other shareholders have an opinion on this?

I believe it to be trying to make the best of a bad situation.

If the operation is being wound up & all assets sold, then there is no further need to hold back any funds at all from being sent to the investors, be these previous mining profits, money gained from the sale of the mining equipment or refunds from cancelled ASIC orders, it would show good faith to pay out all these funds in hand to investors now & provide an inventory of what the company's assets still are with an estimate of when they are likely to be sold & what they are likely to realize. I assume that some mining has still being going on these last months, for btc &/or for alts, with the old equipment & at least some ASICS, so the info on that would be welcome as well.

yochdog
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:11:46 PM

hi YD,

once you have inventory done maybe Diablo will finally auction our stake, which could help you find the right price for the rest.

You must have received the ascics from BFL by now. How about anj update on what is going on with our investment?

3 BFL singles were received and have been mining away.

The remaining equipment is about 70% liquidated, the remaining is in process. 

I expect to make a liquidation payment on everything but the BFL equipment in October. 

Indemnified

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:17:42 AM

[/quote]

I expect to make a liquidation payment on everything but the BFL equipment in October. 

[/quote]

Thankyou for the update. Can we reasonably expect that there will soon be dividends from the "3 BFL singles that have been mining away"?
Indemnified

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:06:45 PM

hi YD,

Since it is now the last day of October, would you please respect your shareholders/partners with an update?
yochdog
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 08:38:00 PM

An email is going out this afternoon. 

All correspondence will be handled there. 

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 09:07:32 PM

Hi Yochdog,

On behalf of DMC shareholders who bought shares because of its ostensible exposure to BMC, please allow me to offer you a bribe, charity donation, or otherwise persuade you to NOT give a singe Satoshi to Diablo.

To re-cap:

Back in May, Diablo declared his BMC shares worthless, was humiliated for his scam attempt, and said he would "auction them off."
(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85443.msg2064057#msg2064057)

I offered to buy his BMC for 1 BTC.  Burnside offer to buy his BMC for 2 BTC.  Diablo, caught in a lie, refused both offers.

You confirmed his shares could be sold and transferred en mass.

Diablo never followed up, preferring to wait until a convenient confluence of circumstances allowed him to play the victim and declare DMC shares void.

Diablo knows our massive stake in BMC is worth a lot of BTC.

I don't appreciate being insulted (called a troll for raising my demonstrably valid concerns), lied to, and ripped off.

I know this isn't your problem, and that's why I'm offering you BTC out of my own pocket to make the tiny token effort needed to deny Diablo his ill-gotten gains.

Keep them, donate them, send them to a null address.  I don't care what happens as long as Diablo does not profit from his perfidy.

Cheers,

-iB

Reference:

Ukyo is already aware of my wishes to end DMC. Now that yochdog will allow transference of shares, I am going to consider auctioning them off.

I'm glad you are keeping Ukyo in the loop.  It's not fair that the unwise actions of his asset issuers reflect poorly on his exchange, but yours will regardless.

Huh  Is Ukyo "already aware" that you unilaterally decided to steal DMC's 1000 BTCMC shares under the false pretext of them holding no value, despite being worth exactly 10% of Yochdog's large established mining company?

I disagree with any attempt by Diablo to assign "zero value" to DMC's holdings.

Huh  Is Ukyo "already aware" that Yochdog, backed by facts and demonstrative evidence, disagrees with your (former, now abandoned) self-serving subjective appraisal of BTCMC's negligible worth?

Huh  Is Ukyo "already aware" that you have now contradicted yourself (in a most spectacular and embarrassing manner) by entertaining the idea of holding an auction for shares you previously insisted on declaring defunct, upon suddenly realizing (when pointed out to you) DMC owns an enormous 10% of BTCMC and not the 2% you formerly believed?

Huh  Is Ukyo "already aware" that many DMC shareholders have already (eagerly) submitted to your abusive, unethical change in DMC's terms, losing their rightful BTCMC stake in the process

Huh Is Ukyo "already aware" you may now auction off DMC's BTCMC shares, forcing your shareholders to bid for assets they already rightfully own?

Im pretty sure Ukyo is aware that this forum has trolls. You do realize any funds received for the sale of BTCMC would be paid out as dividends, right?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85443.msg2064866#msg2064866

Re: [GLBSE] Bitcorp Mining Company - BTCMC 60+ GH/s, clear ASIC upgrade path.
May 07, 2013, 02:56:24 PM

Quote from: DiabloD3 on May 07, 2013, 02:50:41 PM
Quote from: yochdog on May 07, 2013, 02:41:36 PM
Quote from: DiabloD3 on May 07, 2013, 02:31:38 PM
Quote from: yochdog on May 07, 2013, 02:02:11 PM
Quote from: iCEBREAKER on May 07, 2013, 01:51:52 PM
Quote from: DiabloD3 on May 07, 2013, 01:32:48 PM
Wow, you've dragged your trolling into this thread too?

Why don't you want me to enquire as to Yochdog's opinion of your unflattering characterization of his mining company?

You should welcome his confirmation of the correctness of your negative evaluation of BTCMC.

Yochdog, may I buy DMC's 1000 shares now?  If not, I understand, but will you honor an agreement between Diablo and myself to transfer the shares when possible?

Yes, I will facilitate private transactions of shares between consenting parties. 

Really? So if I go run an auction selling the shares, thats totally fine with you?

You have to sell the entire lot.  I will not break down current holdings into smaller blocks.

If you run an auction, and both parties verify they accept the terms, I will transfer ownership. 

Ahh, that makes it a tad more problematic.

Should be easy!  You have marked the shares to zero on your books, so anything you get out of them is a bonus to your shareholders.  I say full steam ahead. 

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
yochdog
Legendary

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 11:17:53 PM

Let me review this......I would hope Diablo would change his position in light of the substantial dollar payout coming to his holdings. 

Hi Yochdog,

On behalf of DMC shareholders who bought shares because of its ostensible exposure to BMC, please allow me to offer you a bribe, charity donation, or otherwise persuade you to NOT give a singe Satoshi to Diablo.

To re-cap:

Back in May, Diablo declared his BMC shares worthless, was humiliated for his scam attempt, and said he would "auction them off."
(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85443.msg2064057#msg2064057)

I offered to buy his BMC for 1 BTC.  Burnside offer to buy his BMC for 2 BTC.  Diablo, caught in a lie, refused both offers.

You confirmed his shares could be sold and transferred en mass.

Diablo never followed up, preferring to wait until a convenient confluence of circumstances allowed him to play the victim and declare DMC shares void.

Diablo knows our massive stake in BMC is worth a lot of BTC.

I don't appreciate being insulted (called a troll for raising my demonstrably valid concerns), lied to, and ripped off.

I know this isn't your problem, and that's why I'm offering you BTC out of my own pocket to make the tiny token effort needed to deny Diablo his ill-gotten gains.

Keep them, donate them, send them to a null address.  I don't care what happens as long as Diablo does not profit from his perfidy.

Cheers,

-iB

Reference:

Ukyo is already aware of my wishes to end DMC. Now that yochdog will allow transference of shares, I am going to consider auctioning them off.

I'm glad you are keeping Ukyo in the loop.  It's not fair that the unwise actions of his asset issuers reflect poorly on his exchange, but yours will regardless.

Huh  Is Ukyo "already aware" that you unilaterally decided to steal DMC's 1000 BTCMC shares under the false pretext of them holding no value, despite being worth exactly 10% of Yochdog's large established mining company?

I disagree with any attempt by Diablo to assign "zero value" to DMC's holdings.

Huh  Is Ukyo "already aware" that Yochdog, backed by facts and demonstrative evidence, disagrees with your (former, now abandoned) self-serving subjective appraisal of BTCMC's negligible worth?

Huh  Is Ukyo "already aware" that you have now contradicted yourself (in a most spectacular and embarrassing manner) by entertaining the idea of holding an auction for shares you previously insisted on declaring defunct, upon suddenly realizing (when pointed out to you) DMC owns an enormous 10% of BTCMC and not the 2% you formerly believed?

Huh  Is Ukyo "already aware" that many DMC shareholders have already (eagerly) submitted to your abusive, unethical change in DMC's terms, losing their rightful BTCMC stake in the process

Huh Is Ukyo "already aware" you may now auction off DMC's BTCMC shares, forcing your shareholders to bid for assets they already rightfully own?

Im pretty sure Ukyo is aware that this forum has trolls. You do realize any funds received for the sale of BTCMC would be paid out as dividends, right?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=85443.msg2064866#msg2064866

Re: [GLBSE] Bitcorp Mining Company - BTCMC 60+ GH/s, clear ASIC upgrade path.
May 07, 2013, 02:56:24 PM

Quote from: DiabloD3 on May 07, 2013, 02:50:41 PM
Quote from: yochdog on May 07, 2013, 02:41:36 PM
Quote from: DiabloD3 on May 07, 2013, 02:31:38 PM
Quote from: yochdog on May 07, 2013, 02:02:11 PM
Quote from: iCEBREAKER on May 07, 2013, 01:51:52 PM
Quote from: DiabloD3 on May 07, 2013, 01:32:48 PM
Wow, you've dragged your trolling into this thread too?

Why don't you want me to enquire as to Yochdog's opinion of your unflattering characterization of his mining company?

You should welcome his confirmation of the correctness of your negative evaluation of BTCMC.

Yochdog, may I buy DMC's 1000 shares now?  If not, I understand, but will you honor an agreement between Diablo and myself to transfer the shares when possible?

Yes, I will facilitate private transactions of shares between consenting parties. 

Really? So if I go run an auction selling the shares, thats totally fine with you?

You have to sell the entire lot.  I will not break down current holdings into smaller blocks.

If you run an auction, and both parties verify they accept the terms, I will transfer ownership. 

Ahh, that makes it a tad more problematic.

Should be easy!  You have marked the shares to zero on your books, so anything you get out of them is a bonus to your shareholders.  I say full steam ahead. 

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: