Bitcoin Forum
August 06, 2024, 02:26:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] mcxNOW.com : Deposit. Earn Interest. Trade.  (Read 40805 times)
Armchair Miner

Activity: 296
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 06:49:06 AM

I don't understand why would you suggest a public audit of a private enterprise?

You did not respond directly to my PUBLIC AUDIT suggestion.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 06:59:50 AM

I don't understand why would you suggest a public audit of a private enterprise?

If I were an investor in his site (mcxFEE) I believe it would be smart to know that RS can't manipulate the volume traded numbers to benefit him. If i'm not mistaken that is fraud.

That is why I made the suggestion, to create transparency. Of course if you folks prefer not to request that from him you also accept the risks associated with a anon owner of an exchange denominated in non-refundable currency.

If you choose to take the risk that is your choice, I respect that. But my questioning here is not to bash any who choose to use his service. More so I am bringing the risks to light so that any new person coming along will ask questions first before leaping.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:37:07 AM

Supposedly (it has been brought to my attention) that someone registered on mcxNOW.com as username "Smoothie" and has been posting as me.

I'm not sure how true this claim is but just to set the record straight, that is not me on that exchange chatting etc.

Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

SuperTramp
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 07:44:12 AM

Did you overlook the 250 BTC Realsolid/Coinhunter supposedly took from microcash enthusiasts and then never released Microcash?

smoothie, not sure where you are getting your info from but that ^ is not correct. RealSolid took a donation to complete MicroCash to
the beta stage and release that beta for user testing. Now he did take much longer than he should have to complete this task considering
he accepted donations for it but the fact remains that he DID COMPLETE and release the MicroCash beta for testing.

MincoinForum, Home Of The World's Fastest & Rarest Cryptocurrency. https://www.mincoinforum.com
Only 10million Mincoin To Be Created. Find out more at https://www.mincoin.us
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 08:12:34 AM

Did you overlook the 250 BTC Realsolid/Coinhunter supposedly took from microcash enthusiasts and then never released Microcash?

smoothie, not sure where you are getting your info from but that ^ is not correct. RealSolid took a donation to complete MicroCash to
the beta stage and release that beta for user testing. Now he did take much longer than he should have to complete this task considering
he accepted donations for it but the fact remains that he DID COMPLETE and release the MicroCash beta for testing.

Please link me to this claim.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

SuperTramp
Legendary

Activity: 1073

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 08:16:41 AM

The beta client: http://forums.microcash.org/index.php/topic/740-microcash-beta-march-25/

MicroCash "Working Details" : http://forums.microcash.org/index.php/topic/739-microcash-current-working-details/

Enjoy !  Grin

MincoinForum, Home Of The World's Fastest & Rarest Cryptocurrency. https://www.mincoinforum.com
Only 10million Mincoin To Be Created. Find out more at https://www.mincoin.us
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 08:47:07 AM

The beta client: http://forums.microcash.org/index.php/topic/740-microcash-beta-march-25/

MicroCash "Working Details" : http://forums.microcash.org/index.php/topic/739-microcash-current-working-details/

Enjoy !  Grin

I stand corrected on the completion portion of my statement.

Here is the original link (just found it) where he claims 2 to 3 weeks to finish the beta.

Now there is a big difference between 3 weeks and 6-8 months.

http://forums.microcash.org/index.php/topic/633-future-of-microcash/page__hl__family__fromsearch__1

and it did not help that he kept his "donators" in the dark for months as seen here:

http://forums.microcash.org/index.php/topic/633-future-of-microcash/page__hl__family__st__40

Technically he didn't scam anyone, but based on the original terms of the post he made he breached his own time limits and then left "donators" hanging for months.

In essence it reminds me somewhat of BFL etc.

My view is that current events form future trends. If he can do this once he could do something similar in the future. Bending the truth does not constitute it being the truth.

I'll give RS credit for finally "finishing" the beta, but I haven't even looked at the code so I wouldn't know 100% for sure.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Kruncha

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:02:08 AM

I'm guessing you guys missed out on the shares.

Nevermind...

K.
notyep

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 11:53:53 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2013, 01:12:10 PM by notyep

Nevermind...

K.

Unfortunately the whining will continue even until the release of MC. It will be entertaining so have your popcorn ready. Unfortunately, it will become harder to sell silver coated LTC's considering the continued success mcxNOW will have. That is the root of the problem I feel in addition to chronic memory lapse. Some fail to remember that MC was temporarily put on hold to release mcxNOW due to vircurex dropping SC).

Schwede65

Activity: 309

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 03:36:44 PM

the circumstances of the 250 BTC to release the MC-beta should now be clear, thanks to SuperTramp for the right links

but how the hell are you - smoothie - talking and whining about that, though you haven't donated one satoshi for the MC-project?

or have you heard of an enthusiastic donator claiming he has been scammed by RS?
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:26:39 PM

The annual interest rate showed in your website is totally wrong. Right now it's not 2000% for BTC deposits, it's around 3%.

EDIT: And current LTC rate is 3.25%, not 1700%.

Kruncha

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:30:02 PM

Nevermind...

K.

Unfortunately the whining will continue even until the release of MC. It will be entertaining so have your popcorn ready. Unfortunately, it will become harder to sell silver coated LTC's considering the continued success mcxNOW will have. That is the root of the problem I feel in addition to chronic memory lapse. Some fail to remember that MC was temporarily put on hold to release mcxNOW due to vircurex dropping SC).

exactly, and now it's not on hold, and the haters will be even more pissed, lol.

EDIT: long live people who try to help, mcxNOW has always been about the core of crypto "share the wealth and promote freedom", I'll always be a supporter.

K.
Taxidermista
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:45:54 PM

The annual interest rate showed in your website is totally wrong. Right now it's not 2000% for BTC deposits, it's around 3%.

Could someone explain this nonsense, please??

nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 04:51:31 PM

There's a bug in the site's interest rate display.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
Taxidermista
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 04:55:57 PM

Thank you for your answer. That's a very convenient bug, no doubt.

Armchair Miner

Activity: 296

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 05:06:33 PM

I see. So you really wanted for newcomers to mcxnow to ask questions, or in other words to do their own "private audit" before they leap.

But my questioning here is not to bash any who choose to use his service. More so I am bringing the risks to light so that any new person coming along will ask questions first before leaping.

Duffer1

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 07:34:40 PM

Thank you for your answer. That's a very convenient bug, no doubt.

On the test site the interest, and mcxFEE payout was set at every hour (for testing reasons).  It was apparently forgotten when the site went live and interest/mcxFEE payouts were set to occur every six hours.  

I don't see anything nefarious about it.  First glance at the % of return should tell you it's not accurate atm.
Schwede65

Activity: 309

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:53:43 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2013, 10:04:47 PM by Schwede65

EDIT: And current LTC rate is 3.25%, not 1700%

no doubt there is a bug in the system...

but i have my numbers for my ltc-deposit - for the last 2 days:

14.09.2013: 10.99 % annual interest
15.09.2013:   6.21 % annual interest

please check your numbers again - 3.25 % annual interest for ltc-deposit is definitely wrong!
QuantPlus

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 10:42:46 PM

smoothie:  It is pointless to quote you from this point forward. The fact of the matter is that you're beating a dead horse. You've always questioned any and everything from RS, mcxNOW, and the MC community from day one.  Face the facts, the two years of hard work RS has put forth is paying off.  If you don't want to earn interest on your coins, don't park them here.  Now regarding those nearly pure silver coins you're selling, where is the proof that the coins are actually real?  Has anyone from a 3rd party melted them down and analyzed them and published the results for the public to see?  Go find a report on the internet, upload to your site and when done, come back and throw more questions.

Good job not answering my questions.

QUESTION: How do you verify that more shares than are supposed to exist are not floating around as well as prove that RS is not tampering with volume numbers on his exchange as to lower payouts to his share holders?

It's 100% impossible to verify by non-insiders.

That's why, in the Real World, every Financial Institution that handles Other People's Money...
Is required by law to have Annual Audited Financials done by an INDEPENDENT AUDITOR.

I doubt that any accountant would come within a million miles of mcxNOW...
For fear of losing his license.

Financial Statements produced by Principals are next to worthless.

But, hey, this is BitcoinLand where greed rules. Fucking interesting space, baby.

bidji29

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 07:20:52 AM

What is happening?

Some people are running a leaked database from an unknow website against mcxNOW.

-If you use an unique password, like you should do on every site with your money, you don't have to worry.

-If your password is not unique, you have to change it, for your protection.

mcxNOW have protection against bruteforcing, but if your password is in the wild because another site has been hacked, there is not much it can do.

TO EVERYONE : Go to "My Account" and check the security center. Look for something like:

Code:
12-Sep 23:07     Failed login attempt by 0.0.0.0 . with password "aaaa****"

The first 4 characters are displayed. Help find from where is the leaked database.

http://www.freebieservers.com/  100% FREE GAME SERVERS
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: