Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:43:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: will Chinese new holidays affect bitcoin price?  (Read 709 times)
Blackhawk143 (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 12:57:57 PM

Huh I have been trading with bitcoin since last 8 months, I'm thinking that chinese new year may affect bitcoin price because lots of people of china will be on holidays tell me your thoughts?
dixon98

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

EQUAL Network Token

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 01:38:17 PM

There seem to be a dip before chinese new year in 2017, and btc recovered strongly after that.

But btc is more mainstream now. don't think it will follow past trend.

EQUALtoken.io      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄
▀ ▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SELF DEFLATIONARY CRYPTOCURRENCY
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:46:20 PM

Huh I have been trading with bitcoin since last 8 months, I'm thinking that chinese new year may affect bitcoin price because lots of people of china will be on holidays tell me your thoughts?

They could affect but the Chinese new year is just a week-long affair, and we are going to be back so I don't think there's anything to worry as long as there is no bad news coming in time for the Chinese new year we still a long way for its former price of $18k level

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:05:45 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2018, 03:14:55 PM by DeadCoin

What else left from china to affect bitcoin price? The 80 percent of this price fall is due to banning of trades and exchanges in China. There are news that bitcoin price will zoom again after their holidays. Hope the holiday brings back the crypto coins price especially bitcoin's price back on track. We could see a positive growth in last 24 hours in coinmarketcap.com. Hope the earlier situation resumes back.
smartsan

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Spokkz ICO

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:54:55 PM

I don't think so it will affect the price of the bitcoin.

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
Leamirra

Activity: 448
Merit: 116

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 03:49:38 PM

Yes. China undoubtedly has power. I think the New Year is one of the reasons of reduction of prices.
Raist

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:03:08 PM

It can a little but there is no big influence. Or you thing that Chinese guys will be so eager to sell 10-20 BTC for gifts and baozi?  Smiley
linshuhow

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:07:25 PM

I doubt, might lower the liquidity slightly though
eldorgo

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 04:55:46 PM

Probably will have some effect on the price, but dont spect nothing crazy
xXLimbXx

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:27:59 PM

No, I dont think it will since we already saw correction. What may happen is one more dip which many predict (I dont think it will happen though) and then to the moon Smiley
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:32:46 PM

I think that the Chinese New Year holidays in mid-February still affect the containment of bitcoin prices. However, now there are a lot of factors that affect the price of bitcoin. Not the last role, except for deliberately spreading false information about the crypto currency, is the presence of significant drawbacks of bitcoin - slow transactions and too high commission fees.
novita_gendut

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:07:52 AM

many people say it like that because of the Chinese new year led to the price of other coins or bitcoin fell, many say this is because Chinese investors pull their money and will invest again after the Chinese new year is completed.
Igorgnome

Activity: 252

Power to gnomes!

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:49:55 AM

We can only guess, because we have no accurate and reliable information. There is no guarantee of an increase in the price of bitcoin after the Chinese new year. I believe that the growth will be insignificant against the background of the overall fall in the rate.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:13:03 AM

may have some effect but little effect.
bitcoin prices have a big effect when everyone panics with unclear origins. which must be remembered bitcoin prices changed by people who have the bitcoin so keep your lucky price you.
darasinmi4show

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:52:41 AM

Why is it that Chinese is the center of all things in crypto market. Pls, are they the only one to determine the price in the world.
AlexaSonda

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:04:26 AM

We know soon there will be Chinese New Year and if we talk about tradition, then every Chinese New Year they will share money or share gift (angpau) and I am sure China crypto users will sell their assets to meet those needs.

Chinese New Year is very important for them, it is same with other big day like Eid Mubarak (Islam) and Christmas (Christian or Catholic).
trinhan1988

Activity: 288

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:07:55 AM

I think Lunar New Year will affect the current price of btc because of the rate of people investing more in btc from East Asian countries have Tet holidays with the Lunar New Year as Vietnam, Korea, Japan, Singapore. People in these countries usually spend big money on Tet holidays, so they usually sell btc to their own currencies, leading to btc prices going down on this occasion.
shellomomma

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:10:37 AM

It may possibly affect the price, because there are so many Chinese and most will go on holiday and will spend time to their loved ones and will definitely sell and withdraw some money.
Zararus

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:37:50 AM

The Chinese respect their traditions very much. I like their attitude in life, to relatives, to family and to friends. The tradition of giving gifts at them . I think it will affect the market, as for gifts and Christmas table need finances.
tanjim18

Activity: 375

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:45:51 AM

Maybe Chinese new year affect on BTC price.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: