Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:46:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH GPUs miners beware!  (Read 20712 times)
dohfish

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 12:17:45 AM

This kind of makes sense assuming the numbers are correct for 32GB per 6 asics on each board. That means about 5GB of memory for each asic. If they are really using DDR3 (which again makes sense for an ASIC style eth design, since 96 GB of GDDR5 would be crazy expensive), they could probably get away with a 256 bit memory bus running at 933mhz (near max of DDR3). That would translate to about 60GB/s per asic or about 7mh, x 6 = 42 MH per board or 126 mh per machine at probably 200-300 watts.

Nothing crazy but is the equivalent of a 6 GPU rig, for probably half the power cost at half the USD cost.

Thats naturally also a thing, power usage might be better - Im still not seeing this as a game changer, bitmain is not exactly known for being able to keep up with demand Smiley
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:34:37 AM

Total agree with you.
GPU have many coins out that can mined and someday it would bring you very nice and surprise profits.
You can easy to switch to any coins not like Asic one.

I like how you trolls keep so optimistic about the whole thing. "hey, don't worry, we will always have a trollcoin to mine and get rich fast" hehe, so much fun, you trolls are hilarious and yet so deceptive to each other, but don't worry reality will hit your troll face like nothing else hehe

hehe

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Techis404

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:57:48 AM

Bitmain is just guppies in the pond if Samsung brings the guns to the table.

I wouldn't be so sure. Samsung has a board of directors and old money stiffs that want to jabber over it. Bitmain is certainly more centrally controlled and able to more quickly take action on things. While samsung is getting approval on parts, bitmain has already worked some team of people to near death prototyping. If they beat Samsung to market by only a month, it probably wont' even make sense for Samsung to enter. If samsung has insider info on this, they'd probably just suspend it all together.

This is just me speculating.
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:16:33 AM

Its reportedly using DDR3 memory...

6 cores on each board
32gb on each board
3 boards per machine
of DDR3...

So one machine would be the equivalent of an 18gpu rig, providing that the asic cores are roughly as fast.

Nowhere near as fast as a 18GPU rig - There's no point here, the DDR3 memory is no were near as fast as the memory on a regular GPU - Not even close.

ETHash is memory bound, it doesnt matter if the asic has 24 cores per machine, it will be limited by the ram speed as all the calculations are done in RAM.

This is why this machine is fake, there's no point really, they would require GDDR5 ram, which is really expenssive compared to regular ram, but its also much faster - Secondly, there's 0 need for 32GB of RAM, a ASIC made for ETHash would not have 32GB of RAM as the algo requires FAST ram so stuffing it with more RAM than needed will simply drive the price up even more, making it even less attractive.

The algo that ether runs on, is asic "secure", you can indeed create a asic for ether mining, but it will be no more effective than GPUs as you are limited by the RAM speeds - They might be cheaper than purchasing X GPU's since they can probably get away with cheaper overall hardware, but there's basically no point as their supply would be limited in a much larger scale than GPUs.

Oh an Metroid, not sure why you are like this, but just stop what you are doing, the only troll here is you.

this is awesome, bout time someone else pointed out how much of a troll Metroid is. maybe his roids are acting up again ROFL

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:27:31 AM

6 cores on each board
32gb on each board
3 boards per machine
of DDR3...

So one machine would be the equivalent of an 18gpu rig, providing that the asic cores are roughly as fast.

Nowhere near as fast as a 18GPU rig - There's no point here, the DDR3 memory is no were near as fast as the memory on a regular GPU - Not even close.

ETHash is memory bound, it doesnt matter if the asic has 24 cores per machine, it will be limited by the ram speed as all the calculations are done in RAM.

This is why this machine is fake, there's no point really, they would require GDDR5 ram, which is really expenssive compared to regular ram, but its also much faster - Secondly, there's 0 need for 32GB of RAM, a ASIC made for ETHash would not have 32GB of RAM as the algo requires FAST ram so stuffing it with more RAM than needed will simply drive the price up even more, making it even less attractive.

The algo that ether runs on, is asic "secure", you can indeed create a asic for ether mining, but it will be no more effective than GPUs as you are limited by the RAM speeds - They might be cheaper than purchasing X GPU's since they can probably get away with cheaper overall hardware, but there's basically no point as their supply would be limited in a much larger scale than GPUs.

Oh an Metroid, not sure why you are like this, but just stop what you are doing, the only troll here is you.

this is awesome, bout time someone else pointed out how much of a troll Metroid is. maybe his roids are acting up again ROFL

I heard that he got medication for the roids.  It's not 100% confirmed, but I know myself and others in the community certainly wish him well as far as his health is concerned Smiley  Pretty sure that I gave him this number already, but I'm going to post it again ...

Metroid ... If you truly need help ... The number for the suicide hotline in the USA is 1-800-273-8255.  They are avaiable 24/7. Please do not  hesitate to call.  You do not have to do anything drastic.  I want you to get back into your right mindset and be well again. 

We are all here for you. 

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Juggar

Activity: 242
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:34:25 AM

6 cores on each board
32gb on each board
3 boards per machine
of DDR3...

I heard that he got medication for the roids.  It's not 100% confirmed, but I know myself and others in the community certainly wish him well as far as his health is concerned Smiley  Pretty sure that I gave him this number already, but I'm going to post it again ...

Metroid ... If you truly need help ... The number for the suicide hotline in the USA is 1-800-273-8255.  They are avaiable 24/7. Please do not  hesitate to call.  You do not have to do anything drastic.  I want you to get back into your right mindset and be well again. 

We are all here for you. 

Agreed, Metroid needs help. the non stop "suicide" shit is very telling.
BennyT

Activity: 259
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:44:07 AM

What a dumb article. Everyone knows size is irrelevant. Who cares about a 32gb board? If it was the same memory as a 1070, it would cost over $100,000. How does this make any sense at all?
Spill

Activity: 94
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:46:51 AM

Guys Calm Down,  this is old News, Ive read about these already this past june.  Its not a real ASIC, it can only hash like 220-240 M/h,
Whats that like a 7 card 580 rig?  Nothing to worry about.  Roll Eyes

I am impressed that they can even get that much hash with DDR3.  Cool
t1192002

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:48:13 AM

By the way, this is a good thing, this will stop retailers selling rx 580 for $1000 and the way things are, soon a rx $580 will be $3000 or even $5000 because there is no stopping to stupidity.

As soon as asics hit equihash and ethash then gpus from $1000 will be sold for $100 and then $50. Gamers will have all the gpus they would ever need or wanted hehe

You got a good point. But how about the miners who invest multi million on GPU rigs. I feel sorry for them. Anyway, I personally prefer anti ASIC Smiley).
ten9

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:29:56 AM

There are rumours that Bitmain has set its sights on ETH and will be releasing an ASIC in Q2 or Q3 of this year!

https://www.cryptoinfomag.com/2018/02/12/eth-asic-arriving-soon/

Just FUD. Nobody is stupid enought to dedicate resources to create an ETH ASIC knowing that the main chain Ethereum may go PoS at any time this year.

Do you think they will sell this? they will mine a lot before they do that, nobody will public say it, people will never notice why their profits decreased 1000%, right now if you are earning $1 per card, with asics will be $0.10 hehe per card per day hehe and if you pay $1000 for a rx 580 then will take billions of years to get your roi hehe, another planet has to be born for the trolls paying $1000 to get their roi hehe

Right now, prototypes are already mining a lot of eth hehe, you think gpus are increasing the difficulty that fast? think again young padwan hehe

This is so much fun, while idiots are buying rx 580 for $1000 for 30mhs, bitmain and co are bulding eth asics that cost the same $1000 for 300mhs hehe
I just love this guy, hehe Cheesy
deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:49:32 AM

This kind of makes sense assuming the numbers are correct for 32GB per 6 asics on each board. That means about 5GB of memory for each asic. If they are really using DDR3 (which again makes sense for an ASIC style eth design, since 96 GB of GDDR5 would be crazy expensive), they could probably get away with a 256 bit memory bus running at 933mhz (near max of DDR3). That would translate to about 60GB/s per asic or about 7mh, x 6 = 42 MH per board or 126 mh per machine at probably 200-300 watts.

Nothing crazy but is the equivalent of a 6 GPU rig, for probably half the power cost at half the USD cost.

I think theres some faulty math going on here, the article says 6 chips and 32gb per board, 3 boards, and a total of 72gb. Also it says 32 1GB chips ... how many 1GB DDR3 chips have you ever seen jstenfanop?
Now if it were 24gb per board, that would make some sense as thats 6 x 4 so each asic/gpu gets 4gb. In any case, no chip designer is going to go with ddr3, and a 28nm process for prod, maybe for a test/tapeout but not full scale prod, it'd just be stupid. This is just pure vaporware.

Also guys quit hating on Metroid, hes just salty he missed the mining bus, let him enjoy these few moments he gets, however fake they may be.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
CryptoDocker

Activity: 122
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:53:42 AM

They are going to be asking an exorbitant price anyway that will never ROI and its not like the hashrate will sky rocket? By the sounds of things its not a massive improvement over medium size GPU rigs
ggbtctalk000

Activity: 394
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:34:48 AM

looked at some coins and alg at whattomine.com, there are about dozen of algorithms but yes most profitable appears to be ethash and equihash.

I am also working on centOS based algorithm that lets you
- switch to other algorithm,coin in a matter of few minutes a arbitrary number of miner (100, 1000-s)
- integrate new coin, miner less than few hours.
- check status of all miners and GPU health temperature etc from one http page.
- Calculate most efficient power band for GPU.

It seems lot of these I am working on is similar to hiveOS but I havent tried haveOS yet not sure if it can control 100, 1000-s of miners simultaneosly.

Anyways, let me know if it interests you in any way.
Khurram Bin Kamal

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:57:22 PM

If ever these Asic machines are to be launched than it will be the end for all gpu mining coin on different algos bcz current gpu will be pointed towards them and I think this Asic machine is already in testing because the ETH hashrate has jumped to 220k gh/s from 110k in just a few days and the gpu cards are not easily available due to chip shortages.
So when F3 is launched it will be the most sought after Asic and like A3 will give 500$ per day for early adopters and will gradually come down to 30$ per day.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:13:11 PM
Merited by Khurram Bin Kamal (1)

I think this Asic machine is already in testing because the ETH hashrate has jumped to 220k gh/s from 110k in just a few days and the gpu cards are not easily available due to chip shortages.

I told this a month ago, trolls laughed at me, anyway as it stands, there is no hope for 2018 yet. GPU mining will die in 2018!

If I was a miner,  I would stop buying gpus and be patient. Also if I was an idiot, I would stop buying rx 580 for $1000 and instead buy eth while its cheap.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:17:19 PM

I think this Asic machine is already in testing because the ETH hashrate has jumped to 220k gh/s from 110k in just a few days and the gpu cards are not easily available due to chip shortages.

I told this a month ago, trolls laughed at me, anyway as it stands, there is no hope for 2018 yet. GPU mining will die in 2018!

If I was a miner,  I would stop buying gpus and be patient.

Probably because like this BS article, it never happened.

https://etherscan.io/chart/hashrate
percy_tc

Activity: 583
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:19:58 PM

Well this is intresting. What if Bitmain is the secret company who ordered chips from Samsung?  Shocked
BennyT

Activity: 259
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:20:25 PM

Look at the difference between the top hash power and second place

https://eth.nanopool.org
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:23:16 PM

Probably because like this BS article, it never happened.

Like any other troll out there, it must be difficult for you to accept reality but don't worry as soon as profit is drastically decreased then you will start to accept it, I don't think they will make eth asics public just yet.

Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:25:27 PM

Nvidia already said it will not focus on mining in 2018 and that tells us they know there is something they cant compete with.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: