Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:13:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO or Airdrop?  (Read 148 times)
TIN1114 (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:47:59 AM

I'm curious and sort of trying to differentiate these two. What are the cons and pros of ICO and Airdrop? why does other cryptocurrencies use airdrop and most of them use ICO?
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:00:13 AM

I think the landscape is now changing and although companies are still going through the ICO process many of these are now completing at pre-sale stage ie hitting their Hard Cap and so to keep the followers happy they are carrying on with a limited airdrop to distribute the token to a wider audience. If yu can buy what you wantin an ICO I think it is alwasy going to be better then receiving a small share from an Airdrop, but both have their pluses.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:07:20 AM

ICO and Airdrop are two very different things. Airdrop is the giving away of free coins. Most of the times, ICO include airdrops. I don't find Airdrops profitable because most of the time, the amount they give away have low values.

xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:09:51 AM

I'm curious and sort of trying to differentiate these two. What are the cons and pros of ICO and Airdrop? why does other cryptocurrencies use airdrop and most of them use ICO?
These are just my personal views.

ICO
Pros:
1. It will help the team to raise enough funds to be used for the project realization
2. Somewhat we can have a little assurance that the token/coin will not be easily dumped since it was bought for some amount.
3. If the ICO is successful, it would somehow mean that you are backed with a supporting community.

Cons:
1. Of course, you invest money on this from your wallet. If it fails, you can lose it.
2. It will take some time before you can have a considerable profit.

Airdrop
Pros:
1. You get it for free.
2. It will only take you few steps to participate.
3. More popularity for the project.

Cons:
1. Most of the time, you only get a small amount. Very little percentage from the total supply.
2. Prone to dump. Since airdroppers get it for free, they can just sell it off whenever they want.
3. There are a lot of people who make several accounts to get more token for the benefit of themselves, which I consider to be a fake community.
4. Don't have good amount of funds reserved for the project development.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
131tc01n

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:22:02 AM

ico and airdrop from the first is indeed a system of digital currency. to find investors in doing the development of altecoin ....
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:24:44 AM

Airdrop function is to
1. attract investors, so investors can invest in their altcoin.
2. airdrop to burn altcoin that is not sold or does not have market power, and its value is small.

So, ICO and airdrop sometimes have relationships and iinterests. and ofcourse, for the success of the developer project.

angrygroceries

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:37:48 AM

I think you should participate both of them and it's hard to compare with each other because one option is totally free and one option is cost you money.
They're different from the basic , one is reward from joining airdrop, one is buying by your own money. One more thing is the amount, usually you will get more from ICO and less from airdrop.

▼▲▲▼▶▼▲▲ TRAXIA ║ A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE ▼▲▲▼▶▼▲▲
══════Winner of SLUSH SHANGHAI 2017 EDITION  Technology by CARDANO  Invested by EMURGO══════
▲▼▶▼WEBSITEWHITEPAPERANN THREAD TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER TOKENSALE▲▼▶▼
yrrehc16

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:42:46 AM

Cryptocurrencies that don't do ICO and just giving away AIRDROPS are those people who want to have their token created to have a value and they are holding more than 50% of the total supply of it.
While ICO tokens are having a project of the future and spending money just to be successful. This is for investments.
sdas90

Activity: 136

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:44:15 AM

I like ICO because airdrops not profitable because  most of the time token price is low. ICO and Airdrop are different things ICO is most profitable because token price is high and we have to some work. you can get some token form the airdrops for free.

Shreek

Activity: 476
Merit: 112

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:52:51 AM

ICO and Airdrop are two very different things. Airdrop is the giving away of free coins. Most of the times, ICO include airdrops. I don't find Airdrops profitable because most of the time, the amount they give away have low values.
yes, I agree with you, because of its small value, so the sale of altcoin from airdrop has no effect on the development of market value of altcoin.

but I do not understand what you say "ICO include airdrops". can you explain what the means? what is the benefit of airdrops for ICO?

parassinghal

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:02:36 AM

Yes you are right that airdrops are not that useful. But you cannot say that every time you will get coins of low value. I have got a lot of free airdrops and later they got listed with good values.

Borisov

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:03:54 AM

Why is there no bounty program on your list? By participating in the bounty of the company you get acquainted with the project. and in the future, if desired, invest, thereby the probability of running into an unfair project is reduced significantly.
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:12:22 AM

Will for me airdrop and Initial Coin Offering or ICO are different. Because airdrop are free while ICO are not. But Airdrop are use by an ICO to promote there token and people will know about the ICO. But many airdrop now are scam. Just dont fill up the form with required donation... remember airdrop must be free
gua86402

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:16:13 AM

Airdrop is also a form of ico!

Before the platform, in order to mobilize the enthusiasm of users, and to give back to investors, the team of ico will use Airdrop batch of tokens to users.
majest3

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:20:02 AM

I do believe that both serve a purpose.  Good ICO's are so hard to get hold of in any quantity. I tried to subscribe to Civic when they launched there ICO and even though they had structured it in such away to make it fairer, it was still a difficult task. I realise some of the more famous bloggers have gotten very rich from pushing the ICO's, but there is usually no disclosure to what they were receiving to push it.

Airdrops can be very beneficial as well and there are some  coins with great future prospects now doing it, such as Deep Onion, Ontology, Shipchain.

Always happy to get them for free.

DeepOnion - Tor integrated - 100% anonymous
===> Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! <===​  (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1620543)
yesuidanggan

Activity: 192
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:33:03 AM

Airdrop is also a form of ico!

Ico team by others dropped information, invite them into the cable group, they will be for the block chain project publicity, make it produce tokens before they can get started trading liquidity, lower than the market price of the raise.

xtin-tin

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:37:36 AM

Airdrop is part of ICO.
 Airdrop is somewhat the first stage in conducting ICOs which is a way to promote their tokens after that  they will do some token sales.

◣   Stake.com   ◥
«  Stake 2 - Play Smarter  »
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
Lasvista

Activity: 396
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:42:22 AM

The only difference of this two is , airdrop from the word airdrop it's like a supply that being free a free supplies or a coins to everyone who participate I guess I'm not fan of airdrop but still a good way to earn. And ICO ( initial coin offering ) bounty is a good source of income actually this two is a good source but bounty is where you participate to a certain group , and wait for the manager to calculate the stakes that the campaign get and that's all but for me I'm a fan of bounty , bounty hunter.
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:56:41 AM

Will for me airdrop and Initial Coin Offering or ICO are different. Because airdrop are free while ICO are not. But Airdrop are use by an ICO to promote there token and people will know about the ICO. But many airdrop now are scam. Just dont fill up the form with required donation... remember airdrop must be free
yes, I agree with you. and from the first I know bitcoin, I do not like the airdrop. just wasting time and effort.

but for ICO developers is something important, and is a part of their success.
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:57:19 AM

Airdrop is from ICO, its like a coin testing after being created. Airdrop is not a free technically, its a matter of valuing of coin a test to it that will evaluate the value of it in the future. ICO is more beneficial than airdrop, you can receive an airdrop after their ico but a little amount or part of their cap, while ICO is staking which means the higher the stake you have the higher monetary value you will get.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: