Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:20:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you ever been scammed?  (Read 1805 times)
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:36:03 AM

When i was a newbie, i get scammed a lot of times because all i know with bitcoin is to just invest it into different HYIPs or High Yield Investing Programs and also depend on the people that i am really thinking that they are good at something and follow their promotions but it all ended in negative profits so i already learned my lesson and i know what to do now.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinFrik

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:48:08 AM

I have been scammed once and it only happened because I received and e-mail that seemed legit.
It was an ICO which I really wanted to participate to, but, I missed the sale, and it ended quickly, the next day I got an e-mail saying that I get a second chance. Instead of a second chance I got screwed! Sad

Never buy coins of your ICOs from an e-mail notification. Always go straight to the official website and do it from there.
I learnt my lesson!
SonOfNorth

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:51:49 AM

Sure I have, and I'm sure anyone with over 100 online transactions during their lifetime has been scammed at one point or another. Luckily I haven't lost that much money though, but it has made me really change the way I do business online for sure.

S P 8 D E        ♠       THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.       ♠         READ WHITEPAPER       
    TOKENS        A DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR GAMING DAPPS        ROADMAP   
ANN THREAD       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       YOUTUBE       MEDIUM       REDDIT
Adamant06

Activity: 161
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:23:20 AM
Merited by soenaderecho10 (1)

Sure I have, and I'm sure anyone with over 100 online transactions during their lifetime has been scammed at one point or another. Luckily I haven't lost that much money though, but it has made me really change the way I do business online for sure.
Scams on the Internet come in many forms,I could be phishing attempts, email hoaxes, or online selling and a lot more.But I've never been experienced so far to be scammed.
Irdina

Activity: 502

TheFutbolCoin

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:28:52 AM

I once attended the project, and the project failed. Though at the beginning of sales smoothly, but do not know why at the end of failure.but I don't despair, because not Fortune me. there are still another project is to give a gift that much.

▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀          T h e F u t b o l C o i n     [    App Store    ] [   Google Play   ]          ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀        WHITEPAPER    |    TEAM    |    TWITTER    |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK        ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:39:58 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2018, 11:13:43 AM by jaocoincrypto18

Can you share this experience?

If you say yes, what the project was it? Why did you believe in this project?

When i just learned about Bitcoin earnings before, the first Bitcoin twist that i joined is investing thru Ethtrade.org site in which they use the Bitcoin platform that we will just deposit our Bitcoin to their account and wait then earned as much as 25% per month interest but later on it is too late to be found out that they are a Ponzi scheme and run our Bitcoin losing almost $4,000 btc in the process. After that i never joined investment again in which i focus on bounties and trading. Then by this experience, i start to support the regulation in order to prevent these scam ICO.
kuyaJ

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:56:06 AM

I didn't experience those kind of thing because i never join at any investment because i am too scared about that and i want a sure money if i do invest like buying lot or gold.

I do trading but investment are not because at trading, you can see on how where are you going and you can control if you got loss too much or get profit in just a single day or time.

I see that almost all investing site was scam and i know that almost 80% of the site was scam because they say that the time was longer but it is only to invite your friend to get more money or maybe they paid you for just a first time then they want to try if you just add what you get too large your money but it is only your thought because they run your money.
19spawnfeed

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:10:31 PM

Scams on the Internet come in many forms,I could be phishing attempts, email hoaxes, or online selling and a lot more.But I've never been experienced so far to be scammed.

I've never experience in scam because im never experience in invest or trade to anyone else. I hope someday when the time comes i trade to anyone else there is somebody help me on how to prevent in scam.
thompson30

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:11:43 PM

Nope I think because if the safety that I always do everytime and everywhere I go
Apple Mac

Activity: 264

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:17:44 PM

Ive been in scammed project and it makes me really sad, I guess it was 4 campaigns, I forgot the rest but there is one makes me wanna freak out, and thats Symmetry fund. 13000 Eth was stole , that supposed to be name after the workers who have sacrificed so much time just to comply with the required post every week, Ive got nothing but regret , for posting it. The project was very successful.

futuristic18

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:24:01 PM

Yes, recently I have taken part in a signature campaign and later at the time of rewards, the company got vanished from the seen. No replies even for emails.
Valzzz005

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:26:49 PM

Actually yes a lot of scams lately i dont know why i always joined a campaign that was just a scam. I trusted them because they are popular they reached their gard cap in just weeks but after months i dont even know that the campaign already ends because i was busy back them and when i check the project i cant find the spreadsheet and when i asked in the telegram they said that it was been deleted and why dp they need to delete it? They just scam all the bounty participants.
fishball

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:27:17 PM

Actually, this is my first time in a bounty campaign. But, my friends told me that they had an experience wherein the project(forgot it) they are in is a scam. They were totally monster that time. I hope my first time won't be like that. GodBless btc.
max65

Activity: 273

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:48:25 PM

As of now I never been scammed.This is my first time that I joined cryptocurrencies.Before  I joined any kinds of business specially  in internet I'll study for how many times that I join or not.
dungthuy

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:50:49 PM

yes,it is wcx,it is the firsttime i invest,no exprience
bitcoinrays

Activity: 438
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:30:44 AM

No,but i know that this bitcoin investment are secured and i dont know that it may also create scam.
You must know then, bitcoins are not scam but there exists some people who are working on this phase to create vulnerabilities and voids so that people leave this coin. They are trying to make a bad impact on general public for bitcoins and their intentions lead them to scam people with bitcoins’ name. But the team is working hard, and we hope bitcoins never lose their secureness.
Magic Sarap

Activity: 350
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:47:24 AM

yes,it is wcx,it is the firsttime i invest,no exprience

On the contrary on my situation, I haven’t been scammed since I enter this bitcoin world. Everyone needs to be enlighten and have an understanding in order for us not to experience being scammed. And I also that hope eveyone will not be scam anymore.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
airtman

Activity: 172
Merit: 8

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 09:02:35 AM

How angry I become when I got scammed by some cheap person won't let me talk about it
Gladz29

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:07:55 AM

Yes, many times that I experienced scam.  More of us now are victims of scam, why in this world more people not contented of their lives,  they want to get what others own.  More peoe are greedy,  they go scam to others. 
tuikindu

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:09:28 AM

So far, I have not been cheated, because I only participated in one signature activity (ongoing). I have great confidence in this choice.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: