Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:55:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin become a daily currency?  (Read 1336 times)
Nasty23

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:34:54 PM

Bitcoin is not currently used as a daily currency. I know it takes time to complete this process. Problems with low transfer rate and high fee fees have to be resolved. Improvement processes in the present technology should be improved.
Yes there are many improvements that bitcoin needs and our society that received it. Everyone should be aware what bitcoin is so that they know on how to use bitcoin and knowing also the big potential of it. Bitcoin can enables sending money wherever we are but the fees are the problem and we should be focus on that so that it can be low and many people can be able to use it.

AriannaSantosUU

Activity: 256

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:40:13 PM

It can be use daily if your government legalize it. I mean it can be subject to tax. What we can do for now is to face this. It will be fix soon and to near future.
Firefox07

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:39:25 PM

Bitcoin cannot be a daily currency. Specially for countries that have high poverty rate like the third world countries. And not all people know about bitcoin. And not all people have an access in the internet.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:42:01 PM

Bitcoin cannot be a daily currency. Specially for countries that have high poverty rate like the third world countries. And not all people know about bitcoin. And not all people have an access in the internet.

Roughly 20 years ago, I said the same thing about cellular phones.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:58:13 PM

Bitcoin will be able to become a digital currency for daily purchases of small value, if it successfully implemented a network of lightning or phantom. Then it is expected that payment in bitcoin will be made almost instantly and with the slightest transactions, which are literally several tens of satosh. However, the lightning network is still being tested and when this project can be implemented in bitcoin, it is not known.
Mind Control

Activity: 224
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:15:56 AM

Bitcoin transactions are way slower than other cryptos and fees are high, and when you pay with bitcoin you pay with only fractions of it, so do you think it is possible for bitcoin to become a daily currency? Something you can use to pay for coffee? If no, then what cryptocurrency have this potential?

Your post answers your own question. Let me clarify this by getting the key points from your post:

1. Bitcoin transactions are way slower than other cryptos
2. fees are high
(taken from the first line)

With these points, can you say that Bitcoin is practical for a daily basis currency? It's an obvious no for me.

ETH, LTC, BCH are much more suitable for this practicality.
teddyelwyn

Activity: 268
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:23:31 AM

I think it will be very hard for btc to become a daily currency. it has too much value atm.
conceivedspoon2

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:31:07 AM

It has already become it in several space where it is being acceptable. Countries cannot stop the cryptography world as long as they cannot stop the internet. Bitcoin has come to stay because it has gone thru alot of turbulent times in its acceptance. Can this work, Yes.
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 12:34:59 AM

Not, obviously and never will be. Transaction cost is huge and it's getting worst. It needs upgrade to make it useful for us for our daily use. Cryptocurrencies are source of income for everyone. So no person is dumb enough to spend it for his personal needs. Why would you use cryptocurrency to buy your needs if theres cash. It's fast and low cost. Anyway, LN(lightning network) should be implemented to make faster transactions for Bitcoin and make the transaction fee more cheaper. But still on development.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:19:11 AM

Not, obviously and never will be. Transaction cost is huge and it's getting worst. It needs upgrade to make it useful for us for our daily use. Cryptocurrencies are source of income for everyone. So no person is dumb enough to spend it for his personal needs. Why would you use cryptocurrency to buy your needs if theres cash. It's fast and low cost. Anyway, LN(lightning network) should be implemented to make faster transactions for Bitcoin and make the transaction fee more cheaper. But still on development.

Not, obviously and never will be.
why not? of course it can and infact we are now already using bitcoin as a daily currency ever since it was begun to boom but we are using it mostly in online and right now they were still slowly implementing the use of it in an offline environments. yet it is still workable and possible to use bitcoin offline due to the fact that some countries now are already using it as a payment method on some malls , restaurants , bars , etc.

Transaction cost is huge and it's getting worst.
transaction cost does only depends ( depends on your wallet , depends on how big or small your transactions , depends on the exchange, depends on the price , etc ) but majority of people are only using bitcoin as an investment and not a payment tool , you must rather use other alternatives such as altcoins for a much reasonable fees.
BennyOnions

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:29:43 AM

BTC will fix its issues.  It has a tremendous amount of influential backers who truly believe in it.  They are just working out the issues and will grow into a better version of itself

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1652489)
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:31:42 AM

bitcoin as a daily currency is possible, why not ? the transaction fee is quite high indeed.
not only bitcoin, but other cryptocurrencies could become a daily currency too.
winyau8888

Activity: 131
Merit: 12

I am a baby to cryptocurrency~

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:37:05 AM

IMHO, Bitcoin can act as gold or diamond or whatever treasure. It is the base currency. The high fee and long confirmation time are the weak points of it. Moreover, there are too many coins out there is better than it for using as daily currency.

I will not use gold or diamond for daily use.  Grin

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:57:01 AM

Bitcoin transactions are way slower than other cryptos and fees are high, and when you pay with bitcoin you pay with only fractions of it, so do you think it is possible for bitcoin to become a daily currency? Something you can use to pay for coffee? If no, then what cryptocurrency have this potential?
In the alternate for the bitcoin there are many coins which are are saying that they can take place of the bitcoin to give more better than what the bitcoin is giving his contribution for the big transaction , but in my opinion digibyte and etherium can do the best as an alternative of the bitcoin .
But still here currently I don't think that we need any optional cryptourrency Because we have many options to lower the fee of the bitcoin transaction, for example we can use segwit wallet address for the transaction to lower the fee and also we can use third party option like to use yobit code at yobit.net exchange free of cost to make transaction .
btcCoincart

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:59:41 AM

Then you have to wait 30 minutes to have breakfast? Or you want to pay the fee which is more expensive than your meal?
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:09:06 AM

Bitcoin does has the potential to become daily currency, but not now, there are tons of things that need to be done, to be able become a daily currency bitcoin need to be more stable, the transaction speed and the high fee will be solved in the future, the most suitable currency is still bitcoin because it already got a lot of users and a lot of people know bitcoin
smhome354

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:43:17 AM

I understand that other countries are already using bitcoin in buying usual stuff. I sometimes use bitcoin in sending and receiving money. I think that in the future more and more people will be using bitcoin because it is convenient.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs & Blockchain Companies ▼ Join Our ICO Now! ▼
Praesidium

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:28:31 AM

We cant say if bitcoin can become a daily currency due to high fees and slow transactions but in this world nothing is impossible maybe in the future bitcoin become more reliable in transaction, we wont know unless we see so lets just wait in the future and stay contended in what we have
Akash1243

Activity: 392
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:37:25 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 05:52:08 AM by Akash1243

I don't think so that bitcoin can became daily currency as now bitcoins is very volatile and unstable which makes it's not suitable for being used as daily currency.And confirmation of transactions is also slow and fees are high but it would get solve as soon as bitcoins implement Lightning network.But bitcoins ain't showing any signs of becoming stable.
Doni Ariyanto

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:37:49 AM

I think bitcoin will not be a daily currency. Many countries have not approved or legalized bitcoin as a currency. Bitcoin takes hours to confirm, maybe another alternative solution is another crypto like ETH.  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: