Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:15:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin become a daily currency?  (Read 1336 times)
andrei214

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:10:08 PM

Bitcoin transactions are way slower than other cryptos and fees are high, and when you pay with bitcoin you pay with only fractions of it, so do you think it is possible for bitcoin to become a daily currency? Something you can use to pay for coffee? If no, then what cryptocurrency have this potential?
It has the possiblity that bitcoin can be a regular currency, but then, it will be a big discussion.Even if we wanted bitcoin as our daily currency, we should make everyone know about  it for better usage.

▲▼ ZICHAIN ▲▼ ▲▼  JOIN OUR PRIVATE SALE NOW! ZICHAIN.IO ▲▼ FACEBOOK ▲▼ TELEGRAM ▲▼ TWITTER ▲▼ THREAD ▲▼ REDDIT  ▲▼

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:16:13 PM

Bitcoin transactions are way slower than other cryptos and fees are high, and when you pay with bitcoin you pay with only fractions of it, so do you think it is possible for bitcoin to become a daily currency? Something you can use to pay for coffee? If no, then what cryptocurrency have this potential?
I don't think bitcoin is a daily currency. It has many shortcomings that limit it. First of all, it trades very slowly, its transaction costs are very high, and its transactions require the Internet to be completed, which limits it to become a daily currency.

Definitely, well it's been a while since bitcoin was started. Many people around here in cyberworld know about bitcoin and most of them ignored what bitcoin is really all about. I would say as of this time its impossible to become daily currency since many are still didn know what bitcoin is really all about. Maybe someday it will become a currency via online transactions and I believe its a great and comfortable way for each of us here in crypto currency community.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:43:26 PM

Bitcoin could be used as a currency for daily use, since it can be used for purchases of goods and services, and for its value will be very attractive to the seller, regardless of their rates

How will the value of bitcoin be attractive to them since they will be paying the item the same amount as fiat? And if you think of it, Bitcoin is not really stable so you are having a risk in terms of either holding it or selling it quickly. And if you are planning to sell them, you can deduct the fees from sending it giving you more ways of losing your profit.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:46:12 PM

Of course it can! Given that it could achieve or recieve updates for the following:

1. Outrageous transaction fees
2. Sluggish transfer rate

Aside from these 2, I think we could have bitcoins as a daily currency once we find a way to balance out the supply and return lost bitcoins back into the circulation.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
decano

Activity: 316

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:37:35 PM

Bitcoin transactions are a bit too much to use in transactions. There are always transaction fees when you pass or give Bitcoin into other wallets. It can become a daily currency but only if the fees are lowered or maybe eradicate the whole transaction fees and just use Bitcoin as a mode of payment for everyday use.
@ophiuchuss13

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:01:48 PM

The regression theorem explains the emergence of money by a natural exchange economy in which there is still no money. However, the appearance of bitcoins occurred even with a functioning monetary economy. From this point of view, we can say that when the first market price of bitcoins was created, the purchasing power of existing US or euro money was transferred to it. Thus, the theory of regression has been largely confirmed.
ar72

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:05:23 PM

I think  bitcoin can be used like money, but can't change money. We can use bitcoin for transaction somewhere, not everywhere. Sometime, not everytime. So, according to me bitcoin can't become a daily currency.
nicklee520

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:18:51 PM

Bitcoin has become as payment method in my country. It can be used to purchase cars.
HiringYou

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:29:17 PM

Maybe in future we can see it as a daily currency but now it is not possible because it cannot be used everywhere as it requires an internet connection and it needs to be converted into some sort of physical money.Moreover in many countries it is still not legal.It is decentralized in nature due to which it is not under the control of government.So I don't think that government will allow such kind of currency over which they have no control to be used on regular basis.Moreover it is impossible for Bitcoin to gain the amount of trust fiat money has.It can be used as a means of transaction but not as a daily currency.
jassanpary

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:34:15 PM

I think  bitcoin can be used like money, but can't change money. We can use bitcoin for transaction somewhere, not everywhere. Sometime, not everytime. So, according to me bitcoin can't become a daily currency.
Bitcoin cannot become a daily currency the main reason is bitcoin is a digital currency but in many countries not adopted the online and digital transaction and they are dependent on cash transactions so I feel it cannot become a  daily currency

.arianee ╢╟ Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
WhitePaper ◨ ◭ Ann Thread
Discord ►◄ Telegram ►◄ Reddit ►◄ Twitter ►◄ Instagram ►◄ Medium ►◄ Linkedin
Wahyu aep

Activity: 149

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:55:44 PM

requires a lot of correction if you want to use as a means of daily payment, bahwasannya very slow confirmation takes hours to create a small transaction bottleneck. maybe another crypto could be faster. I think it's impossible, it's about time-consuming transaction and shipping costs
just imagine if bitcoin is used in everyday life, for example when you queue to pay tolls, imagine the congestion on the highway is happening, because too long wait for payment confirmation time. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesyitu will create the "worst" jam. throughout history
Jimitieu

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:00:04 PM

I think bitcoin will be very difficult in daily trading. Bitcoin currencies will be very good for large value transactions, but it will be very difficult for small transactions. Because bitcoin trading is slower, it takes more time with these types of passwords and higher fees. It will be very troublesome and take a long time when shopping for small value products. So I think bitcoin will not become a daily currency.

vendy86

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 04:04:03 PM

i little bit disagree if bitcoin became daily currency.
i prefer to make bitcoin became asset like gold and for online payment too.

Michellekking

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:06:56 PM

I don't think bitcoin can be a daily currency. Its trading speed and transaction fees will limit it. I don't think any cryptocurrency can be a daily currency, they all need the Internet, and when there is no Internet time, these transactions will not be completed.
arienna23

Activity: 221
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:41:27 PM

If by daily currency you mean, transactions are done only using bitcoin then that's not really possible. Even though, lots of people are paying using bitcoin, I also have bought services and stuffs using bitcoin, it can't become daily currency.
kingkonjac

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:48:45 PM

recently we can`t say that btc is suitable for daily payments but these problems that prevent btc to be a daily currency are not very serious problems such as high fees and transaction speed, so those can be fixed within some months.

rose8963

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:21:53 PM

Will not be. Because the restriction of bitcoin will not meet the same value. We really expect that, but bitcoin will no longer be the most distinctive feature if there are adjustments in this way. Can you change the algorithm and adjust the supply to make the idea farther?
cordlesslake

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:22:54 PM

Also in my opinion the bitcoin will never be a daily currency both for the fees and for the high unit value and the inconvenience of using it in very small fractions in purchases. However, it will be a reserve currency in perspective.
MapleCoins.org
Copper Member

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 05:34:33 PM

The BitCoin Fees are too high, transfer time is too long.
Why not use any other coins?  Smiley
I Think that there are few more better coins that can replace BitCoin.
MintDiceSupport

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

MintDice Support

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 05:48:04 PM

Bitcoin has made it into the mainstream ina a lot of ways! There are a lot of places you can spend BTC and I wouldn't be surprised if more places got on board. 

Mintdice.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: