Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:29:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think bitcoin has hit its peak?  (Read 1027 times)
camport (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:02:38 PM

Hey all, I was just wondering your opinions on whether bitcoin has hit its peak already at around $20,000 or if you think it will break even higher in the future? I know there’s been bitcoin retraces of up to 80% before before it has risen a load again but I’m not sure that bitcoin hasn’t got the functionality that the price suggests.

IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:10:53 PM

Of course it will exceed 20k$ in the future. Bitcoin has no limit if you ask me. It is like any economic crisis, first it happens to be glorious, and then it falls down then rises again. Same as bitcoin. Hopefully, it will go back to its feet in a matter of time. Do not lose faith in bitcoin!
hias

Activity: 30
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:13:14 PM

My personal opinion on that:
Since Bitcoin and ETH are the main option for buying other coins or tokens there is still a high demand for it. Also Bitcoin was proven as the most secure and well working coin over many years. And finally Bitcoin was the first in the market and it is the only coin 99% of the people know, when they first enter crypto market, so Bitcoin has by far the best marketing.

You are right that the value for Bitcoin is high, but my guess is there will be another wave this or the next years, were so much new money will enter the market that Bitcoin will rise for sure above 20k.
However that does not mean that it will stay stable at such high price.

https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1767990
DeepOnion - Tor Integrated - 100% Anonymous
===> Join DeepOnion Team NOW! <===
camport (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:14:00 PM

Of course it will exceed 20k$ in the future. Bitcoin has no limit if you ask me. It is like any economic crisis, first it happens to be glorious, and then it falls down then rises again. Same as bitcoin. Hopefully, it will go back to its feet in a matter of time. Do not lose faith in bitcoin!
You’re very confident! To be fair I think that we are still in the early adoption stage of crypto and so there is plenty of growth left once the general public get involved. What do you think about ethereum?

camport (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:15:26 PM

My personal opinion on that:
Since Bitcoin and ETH are the main option for buying other coins or tokens there is still a high demand for it. Also Bitcoin was proven as the most secure and well working coin over many years. And finally Bitcoin was the first in the market and it is the only coin 99% of the people know, when they first enter crypto market, so Bitcoin has by far the best marketing.

You are right that the value for Bitcoin is high, but my guess is there will be another wave this or the next years, were so much new money will enter the market that Bitcoin will rise for sure above 20k.
However that does not mean that it will stay stable at such high price.

That’s another thing for BTC and ETH, they are basically the backbone of the crypto market

Requim

Activity: 166
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:17:07 PM

Hey all, I was just wondering your opinions on whether bitcoin has hit its peak already at around $20,000 or if you think it will break even higher in the future? I know there’s been bitcoin retraces of up to 80% before before it has risen a load again but I’m not sure that bitcoin hasn’t got the functionality that the price suggests.

Well, when bitcoin had hit it's price at $5,000 in the middle of 2017 last year, every one thought that it was bitcoin's peak. However, it reached it's ATH at $20,000 just before the year ends. So, who knows, how will bitcoin play this year. I really think that all the negative news about bitcoin on the first quarter of the year was intended for big whales to buy in at cheap price.
sakib.bro

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:29:41 PM

from my own personal view
plz no offense
i think bitcoin will hit nearly 50k in 2019
Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:44:58 PM

Bitcoin hit its landmark price last year which made it "well known" amongst investors and all. While we always hope and wish that BTC rises to unimaginable heights, it should be noted that stability is equally or even more necessary to sustain bitcoin and also can help present bitcoin as legit amongst countries that hate bitcoin.
Lintel

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:47:16 PM

Had hit its peak for 2017 but for 2018 no net yet. Before 2018 ends it will rise again to its highest point. speculations that it will hot 600k usd. No one knows but that is my opinion. so for now if you have bitcoin just hodl it. wait for its peak to sell.
salterious

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 05:51:33 PM

It has for the time being but after every retrace there is and always has been an ATH. Not saying that is the reason for the one incoming but the fundamentals are solid and that leads me to believe we will reach another ATH this year (don't know when exactly though).

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
cindygirl

Merit: 105

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:53:42 PM

The likelihood that bitcoin has hit its peak is quite slim, it is still in the early stages of adoption and there is still a lot of outside interest and publicity. With many governments now looking at how to regulate and use cryptocurrencies, it would seem that we are still a long way from the 'end-game'. As the price begins to recover and breaks through price barriers it will only bring back interest. Imagine the news stories of 'bitcoin recovers to back above 10k' and how many people will think 'well the experts told me it was going to die when it dipped to 6k, shows what they know'

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
entemeister

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:57:15 PM

Bitcoin has the potential to reach other ATH in the future , maybe at $50.000 in my opinion
camport (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 05:59:28 PM

The likelihood that bitcoin has hit its peak is quite slim, it is still in the early stages of adoption and there is still a lot of outside interest and publicity. With many governments now looking at how to regulate and use cryptocurrencies, it would seem that we are still a long way from the 'end-game'. As the price begins to recover and breaks through price barriers it will only bring back interest. Imagine the news stories of 'bitcoin recovers to back above 10k' and how many people will think 'well the experts told me it was going to die when it dipped to 6k, shows what they know'

This is an excellent point, I would give merits if I could  Cheesy

Ris88

Activity: 2110
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 05:59:55 PM

I think this is just the beginning of the bitcoin peak with its rise last year, it does not mean bitcoin will remain at current prices, that you can read up on predictions on all the news that there will be a bitcoin price increase touching up to 5 billion for 1 BTC, of course everyone hope it happens in the coming 2020 ...
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:00:16 PM

A new ATH on the longer term is likely but this current bear-market isn't going away for a while. The last peak was at least 95% speculation; completely average people without any knowledge about crypto stormed the market because they saw other people making massive profits very quickly. The inevitable crash after the peak now has spooked the 'noobs' away with panic-sells and all. I'd be surprised if we see the next ATH in 2018 but who knows!
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:00:26 PM

Not at all, Bitcoin still has plenty of time and space to grow. Just because the price is low now that doesn't mean that it will stay low forever.
Every time when the price is low so many people start to doubt their choice to invest in bitcoin but you should have more open view on situation and look ahead in the future.

malaj
_Apollon_

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:07:33 PM

I think bitcoin will surprise us. In any case, for 9 years of its existence, it was always only higher. And in the future the price  will add more zeros.
rividmedia

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:10:12 PM

It will Exceed above 25k easy.
tekusa

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:10:35 PM

I will sell most of my BTC once it reaches $20000. Then will start fresh with some amount per month. I expect this to happen by may 2018.
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:24:27 PM

Considering market caps, this peak is actually nothing, this market will be much bigger in the future and bitcoin will be more than $100.000 but not in the near future probably.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: