Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:08:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Western Union is testing Ripple for money transfers!  (Read 669 times)
mariangpalad

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:52:31 PM

This will remain as a rumour until the official statement of western union has released,but for now people wont bite the bait because we are tired of these FUDs spreading across to manipulate these shitcoins like XRP who doesnt have any good developments,the only reason why XRP is getting pumped is because of the news like this one,previously the coinbase FUD which ended badly for the most of the people who got FOMO that time.

askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:18:36 PM

This is one of the reasons I hate Ripple the most.
By supporting XRP you are supporting Banks which is entirely opposite to the crypto vision. ripple is centralized, most of the tokens are still hold by them, they can generate more when required.
V-t.Ester

Activity: 532
Merit: 25

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:38:40 PM

This is one of the reasons I hate Ripple the most.
By supporting XRP you are supporting Banks which is entirely opposite to the crypto vision. ripple is centralized, most of the tokens are still hold by them, they can generate more when required.
There are a lot of centralised alts, but Ripple is the most controversial one because it was not just created by bankers, it is totally controlled by them. That's why I don't like Ripple. Crypto was created as something free from banking system. I never use Western Union. But they seemed to be a good money transfer organisation. Don't understand why do they need Ripple..
dasha_buka

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:44:31 PM

That's great news . Can you expect $ 15 for Ripple this year ?  Just I still keep them for long ,although there was good growth but I decided not to sell them as we believe in this coin
crimsongoth

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 07:48:32 PM

It is a very important development for a payment instrument such as a Western union to start testing the Ripple's blockchain system in this way. At the end of these tests we will also see the times when the system is completely running.
peach56

Activity: 167
Merit: 59

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:50:08 PM

Its definitely a step in the right direction, I hope that this will now further influence more transactions through these mediums. I would say all the new alts coming out that have the intention for 'unbanked transactions' will start to replace these payments for sure. NOTE: These will need serious KYC/ AML checks !

cryptopusa

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 07:58:10 PM

Super news from Western Union! They currently testing Ripple (XRP) for future money transfers.
Western Union Says It's Testing Transactions With Ripple
This is never gonna happen because it is jusdt FUD from those people who wants XRP to get pumped because probably they were trapped from this shitcoin a long time ago,that is why they need to do someting about this coin,this is just like what happened to the last FUD we have received,coinbase FUD listing have broked a lot of people because they have loose most of their investments.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
swetka

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:01:50 PM

It is a very important development for a payment instrument such as a Western union to start testing the Ripple's blockchain system in this way. At the end of these tests we will also see the times when the system is completely running.
to save the existing financial system and cash flows, for this purpose and to introduce a system with a crypto currency. In this way, new banking systems are already in place.
Galina12

Activity: 364
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 08:17:25 PM

Although XRP is centralized coin, the mainstream financial system is more enthusiastic about the potential of the Ripple blockchain. Several partners are currently testing out Ripple's technology. Besides Western Union,  it's also American Express, Banco Santander and MoneyGram International. Perhaps investors are helping drive the XRP tokens higher. We can expect the coin to grow.
trade2winnn

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:51:19 PM

I often read articles about the high risks of ripple, a lot of rumors about it, one of them adding xrp to coinbase, it never happened. In January, its price rose to almost 3.8 dollars, then its the rate began to fall. By February 4, XPR cost 0.86 dollars (minus 80 percent to the historical maximum) Let me remind you that 60% of the coins are in the company ... Personally, I would not make big bets on this coin.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:45:43 PM

Super news from Western Union! They currently testing Ripple (XRP) for future money transfers.

I am very glad that Ripple is widening its cooperation with governments and different financial institutions. Now is turn of Western Union. It will be nice to see the good results of this partnership.
RamesesLabs

Activity: 133

The Wall Street Bitcoin Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 05:47:02 PM

So will Western Union lower the cost of transactions now they have a cheaper way to transfer money?

The Wall Street Bitcoin Exchange by Rameses Labs, LLC
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:07:39 PM

LOL,the video doesnt announced any western union partnership so stop shilling your coin,the video only contains how greedy this XRP CEO is,he wants to regulate the cryptocurrency markets which is wrong because satoshi created the bitcoin to be a decentralized which today isnt being considered,we shoudlnt be calling XRP as  a cryptocurrency because it is being backuped by the central bank,stay away from this coin!
I am totally in with you bro! And it totally pisses me off when people are regarding Ripple as a cryptocurrency. This is one coin I will never be comfortable holding either in a short term, let along long. Let's see how their idea of centralization ends up working out for them, but as far as I am concerned, it sucks and will always suck. Moreover, there are better coins to hold than ripple and if western union wants to gamble on this, their choice!
FinbarAdley

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:09:05 PM

Good news that crypto currency is taking more roles in our daily life
Thadeous (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 588
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:41:09 PM

I'm a big believer in XRP, but the price changes are weird. Whenever there is good news the price is unchanged... and then it shoots up suddenly and dramatically after a while.
But this is yet more good news! Long-term, the XRP price is only going one way... up Smiley

Apparently, news doesn't affect it, what makes it rise is when it is actually used by certain establishment and actual adoption in global scale.

Right, when Western Union officially announces XRP payments or transactions in Ripple network the price of Ripple will significantly increase, no doubts.
pearlsome

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

MST Decentralize Robust AI Trading Platform!

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:53:13 PM

I do not like Ripple. But this is just great news. All that is related to the spread of technology blockchain in the broad masses is good. It will not make me buy Ripple. But this news will give the right message to society. Namely, those who do not believe in technology or doubt or something else. They will see that technology will gradually occupy all branches and will be simply irreplaceable.

◎ SALE STARTS ON MAY 3rd ◎ UTC+7:00 ◎
◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦ MSTCOIN.IO ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
◎ Decentralize AI Cryptocurrency Trading Platform ◎
  ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
 ◦ ◈ ◊ ◦ ◊ ◈ ◦
   ◦ ◈ ◊◊ ◈ ◦
Crypto_Day_day

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:58:40 PM

The fact of supporting Ripple by banking systems doesn't make it more centralized ?

Don't think so, but it the best adopted coin by banks atm.

Ripple is a centralized coin in every aspect.

BTW - I think that those deals are great but the question is if it will be used the same ripple structure. or that they will create for the organizations a separate structure which in this case won't make any difference for the currency value
madtea

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:42:57 PM

Still believe fiat has it's place in a world of cryptos, just like horses has a place in a world of cars, and letters in a world of email. It's not either/or, both systems can co-exist, and anyone betting their whole life savings in one system (blockchain) is not smart. Even if he ends up making 1000x, it's not a smart decision, just a lucky one.
melancoly

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:48:38 PM

There is always such news for ripple every year
but I do not believe these reports
peleng

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:08:28 PM

Still believe fiat has it's place in a world of cryptos, just like horses has a place in a world of cars, and letters in a world of email. It's not either/or, both systems can co-exist, and anyone betting their whole life savings in one system (blockchain) is not smart. Even if he ends up making 1000x, it's not a smart decision, just a lucky one.
Yes, crypto currencies have not penetrated so much into our lives so that we could refuse to use fiat money. We all have to still use fiat in everyday life.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: